SiouxSports.com Forum

The next coach of UND football is....

darell1976

Hearing two coaches have kept their jobs. Faison has a plan.

In terms of the coaches who have tweeted in the past week or so, the profiles of Kotelnicki, Schleusner and Freund still describe them as UND assistant coaches. Of course, it's possible at least one of them just hasn't bothered to update his profile yet.

If we want a coach like you are describing, you need to pony up more than $150k. I do NOT believe bring in a coach from the south with help you bring in recruits from that area. When you consider that most the the MIAC coaches are making $90k at a D-III school, why would a OC/DC from a FCS school take a HC job in GF for $150k? Do you honestly believe they would be willing to move to the frozen tundra of ND to make $20k more? Hell, some of the high school coaches in the south make 6 figures.

150-90= 60k more. Sure some HS coaches may make as much as you say, but the cost of living in most other parts of the country is much higher. 150k a year in ND will get you a hell of a lot more than 150k a year in Florida or California for example.. Just saying.

What I heard was that Kotelnicki is not being retained but the source was not Faison so there's still hope.

After fighting with a player over a girl at a bar, I would hope he never coaches here again.

He is the defensive version of Mussman

Florida OC Brent Pease was let go this morning. A Montana graduate and former NFL QB. He was Montana's OC in their hay day in the 90's and has been an OC/QB coach at NAU, Kentucky, Baylor, Boise, and Florida. His resume looks to fit Faison's job description to a tee.

At first glance, looks like a really good candidate.

Wyoming HC was fired today as was the OC at Iowa State. Another couple potentials I haven't researched as to whether they would be good candidates.

No head coach of Wyoming will ever have the resources to compete (same with Iowa State), so those coaches shouldn't be judged as failures because of what happened at those schools.

Dave Christensen who was just let go as Wyoming's HC was offensive coordinator and offensive line coach under Gary Pinkel at both Toledo and Missouri. Has degrees from Western Washington and Eastern Washington. His teams always put up points but have never seemed to get where they need to be defensively. He'd likely be a finalist if he were to apply but I don't think he'd be my choice.

And an update on the Nebraska situation. Their AD released a statement stating Pelini will lead the program in the future. Not the strongest vote of confidence but it likely means they won't make a change before their bowl game if they do decide to move on from Pelini. Probably eliminates any assistants from their staff as Faison will hopefully have a coach hired well before the conclusion of bowl season.

Pease has a good history, I don't expect him to fall too far down the ladder.

And an update on the Nebraska situation. Their AD released a statement stating Pelini will lead the program in the future. Not the strongest vote of confidence but it likely means they won't make a change before their bowl game if they do decide to move on from Pelini. Probably eliminates any assistants from their staff as Faison will hopefully have a coach hired well before the conclusion of bowl season.

i think it's absurd to be firing an 8-4 coach.

The problem is he's lost 4 games every year he's been at Nebraska. He's a defensive coach who wasn't able to get over the hump with great defensive players and once he got some great offensive players he had let the defense slip away from a championship level. He hasn't shown anything to prove he's an elite coach and his outbursts and antics would make the decision warranted. Personally I think he should get one more year because I think next year will be his best combination of talent and experience but I think his clock may have just run out.

Florida OC Brent Pease was let go this morning. A Montana graduate and former NFL QB. He was Montana's OC in their hay day in the 90's and has been an OC/QB coach at NAU, Kentucky, Baylor, Boise, and Florida. His resume looks to fit Faison's job description to a tee.

5 years under Chris Peterson at Boise State. They had a very powerful offense. If Pease applies, he should get an interview.

Seems like there are some pretty attractive candidates on the list of possible candidates.

According to ESPN, Christensen was paid a base of $190,000 a year at Wyoming. UND could easily top that with incentives for attendance, etc, so you would think they could attract some decent talent under the headphones.

Thought I'd pass along a link that's particularly useful to this thread. http://www.footballscoop.com/the-scoop They do a great job of covering the football coaching carousel at all levels. Excellent Twitter follow as well.

the website says that the Eastern Michigan administration "likes" Colorado Pueblo's John Wristen (among a couple others). Can it be inferred that he has applied there or is it that Eastern Michigan is reaching out to Wristen?