SiouxSports.com Forum

College Hockey 2013-2014 (Non-UND hockey)

Snake

Okay......this is an interesting review.

Wilcox knocked the net off with no contact whatsoever, before the shot was taken.

Whats the rule on that?

If I remember right if the goal is dislodged and the puck would have gone in anyway with the net still there the goal should count.

If I remember right if the goal is dislodged and the puck would have gone in anyway with the net still there the goal should count.

The call on the ice was a goal, and it was awfully tough to tell if the puck went inside the post or under the dislodged net. Conclusive enough for the refs to overturn it I guess.

• 26.2 Net Dislodgement - In the event that the goal post is displaced, either deliberately or accidentally, by a defending player, prior to the puck crossing the goal line between the normal position of the goalposts, the Referee may award a goal.

Shoulda been a goal.

• 26.2 Net Dislodgement - In the event that the goal post is displaced, either deliberately or accidentally, by a defending player, prior to the puck crossing the goal line between the normal position of the goalposts, the Referee may award a goal.

Shoulda been a goal.

However, the question here is whether or not the puck would've gone in if the net hadn't been raised up. I bet the refs disallowed it because they determined that the puck slid under the raised portion of the net and would not have gone inside the post had the net been in place.

I watched it several times, and in my opinion it wasn't conclusive enough to overturn the goal call made on the ice. I think it should've been a goal, but can see why the refs disallowed it. They determined it wouldn't have gone in had the net remained in place.

Gophers continue a ridiculous 14 game unbeaten streak while not playing well since November. Amazing how we continue to escape game after game without a loss. Wilcox and luck is why. Gophers are good but not great. Very beatable.

That would be a 13 game streak.

Looked like some serious home ice reffing in the goofer game. Kicked in goal - no problem - goal! And there is a new rule - your goalie can knock the net off the posts and the other team can't score! MSU got screwed!

Very much disagree with this. That goal wasn't kicked in it was directed which is legal now and as soon as I saw it I knew it should be a goal. As for the net coming off during the shootout I don't know what should have happened but it looked like it went right under the post to me so shouldn't have been a goal. I know it will probably not be to popular of an opinion but I actually thought the Gophers got the bad end of the reffing with some of the calls and the announcers kept complimenting Michigan State and saying they should have the lead and I didn't see that at all and thought the Spartans were lucky to get to OT. I watched the game with my brother who is a Gopher fan and he kept getting annoyed the announcers kept acting like Wilcox was stealing the game and he wanted him pulled after the 2nd goal. I agreed Wilcox looked very shakey and pretty average but did come up with a big save in OT.

Very much disagree with this. That goal wasn't kicked in it was directed which is legal now and as soon as I saw it I knew it should be a goal. As for the net coming off during the shootout I don't know what should have happened but it looked like it went right under the post to me so shouldn't have been a goal. I know it will probably not be to popular of an opinion but I actually thought the Gophers got the bad end of the reffing with some of the calls and the announcers kept complimenting Michigan State and saying they should have the lead and I didn't see that at all and thought the Spartans were lucky to get to OT. I watched the game with my brother who is a Gopher fan and he kept getting annoyed the announcers kept acting like Wilcox was stealing the game and he wanted him pulled after the 2nd goal. I agreed Wilcox looked very shakey and pretty average but did come up with a big save in OT.

I guess we will need to agree to disagree. I know what the rule is about directing the puck, but it looked like a kicking motion to me. Maybe there is a very fine line between directing and kicking. Certainly he moved his skate toward the net. The shoot-out goal was definitely a good goal, but how can you tell when the goalie knocked the net off the post? Bad call.