SiouxSports.com Forum

College Hockey 2013-2014 (Non-UND hockey)

Snake

I believe that the fans from all schools have an equal right to buy tickets. Gopher fans don't have a special right to buy those tickets. So the fans from the other schools could buy those tickets if they want. Like I said, they are going to make more money doing it this way until they have enough demand to sell most of the tickets for both games individually. A big part of this tournament is to make money for the schools, so they will probably structure it to make money rather than worrying about the atmosphere during the afternoon game.

Yep, no argument here. Get popular; raise demand; ticket each game.

Hey 82 and Snake, Do you guys think the same as I do that this tourney does really have the potential to be a great tourney? The concept is great just like the GLI.

Yes, definitely. I hope the fan bases from the smaller schools involved appreciate the opportunity they have. I know if UND was in the rotation I'd do my damnedest to be there every single year.

• Upvote 2

Hey 82 and Snake, Do you guys think the same as I do that this tourney does really have the potential to be a great tourney? The concept is great just like the GLI.

It has great potential. 3 conferences represented. All schools within less than a days drive. I would guess that each school has a lot of alumni in the Twin Cities. Several Davids taking on Goliath. Good hockey tradition at several schools. Bragging rights within Minnesota. A lot of reasons that the tournament could develop into something really good. Only time will tell if it does.
  • Upvote 1

It has great potential. 3 conferences represented. All schools within less than a days drive. I would guess that each school has a lot of alumni in the Twin Cities. Several Davids taking on Goliath. Good hockey tradition at several schools. Bragging rights within Minnesota. A lot of reasons that the tournament could develop into something really good. Only time will tell if it does.

Days drive? Heck they are within a 4 hour drive. It will be sad if it doesn't become something great.

Days drive? Heck they are within a 4 hour drive. It will be sad if it doesn't become something great.

Throw in a good snow day like today, smokey, and that four hour drive from Bemidji to St Paul could easily be 6-10 hours long. I just talked with someone who had a nice three hour commute this morning - from St Paul to Eagan!

3-0 Michigan over Wisconsin...payback time I guess.

Michigan's new yellow jerseys with contrasting name-plates on the back are a bit much. Yuck.

I see the Spartans busted out a nice throwback look last weekend - diagonal SPARTANS...very nice.

Now its 3-1.

I like the throwback Spartan jerseys.

On the topic of embellishment......yes a penalty on a Michigan State player for a cross check on Vinny Latteri.......but I think he's been hit harder walking to the library bar on the U of M campus than that.....but made sure to lay down for a while.

Glad the officials didn't get duped into a major by that.

Just got back from the sioux women's hockey game. Turned on goofs game, can always tell a goof game because the camera is so tight on the ice so TV people can't see all the empty seats. Then they show the crowd and there are all the fans dressed up like empty seats!

Why are the bi6 announcers homers like the goofs announcers. Is Michigan ever lucky even to be tied with the golden boys or what?