SiouxSports.com Forum

Grand Forks Economy

UND Fan

7 minutes ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

Bets on if Firehouse Subs will last a calendar year? It looks awfully quiet in there night after night already. It looks eerily similar to Quiznos at this point. I knew the instant that sign went up that it was going to be a failure. How do people get business loans approved for stuff like that? Or is it based off franchisee payments to the corporate office, so the owner is the only one screwed in the end? 

Usually through an SBA program or the owner has significant financial repayment sources/assets elsewhere to compensate.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

http://www.grandforksherald.com/news/4227400-allegiant-puts-grand-forks-orlando-flights-hold

Allegiant wouldn't give a reason for the change, but Riesinger said it's due to low passenger numbers.

You'd think, maybe, they could have done something like, oh, I don't know, advertise?  Trips to Disney/Universal are an expensive proposition, to be sure, but all some of us need is a little enticement or inducement.  Admittedly, I do not read the Herald in print very often and I do not listen to local radio, but I can't recall ever seeing an Allegiant ad or anything resembling a push to get people to fly (non-stop) to the Orlando area.  If the number was right, I'd have pulled the trigger.

Took the family of 6 to Orlando in Jan. Looked to fly out of GF but they had bad days to fly in and out. Looked in Fargo because we wanted to do either a Monday to Monday or Friday to Friday and Fargo had the Friday to Friday so we left out of Fargo. 

The days Allegiant flies out of Fargo and GF are why I've never taken it.  Saving $150 a ticket doesn't help much if you have to stay 2 extra days at your destination, since they only fly to and from some places once a week (2 nights of additional hotel + meals + entertainment, and you've quickly erased your flight savings, not to mention used 2 more days of vacation).

1 minute ago, Cratter said:

It's nice that GF is hosting the class B tournament but I don't think it should be held in a football stadium.

It's a multi use facility. Better because of multi courts and better set up than Fargo dome IMO. Much better than single court venues with how many games happen. Also better than Minot and bismarcks best venues IMO. What's better? 

Just now, OgieOgilthorpe said:

Much better than single court venues with how many games happen. Also better than Minot and bismarcks best venues IMO. What's better? 

A basketball arena. Scheels Arena, the Betty?

Is there more than one basketball court in the Alerus? I've only been there when they've had one.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

It's a multi use facility. Better because of multi courts and better set up than Fargo dome IMO. Much better than single court venues with how many games happen. Also better than Minot and bismarcks best venues IMO. What's better? 

They are only using one court I believe.  They used two courts when they had the Super 'A' where both the boys and girls tourney were taking place at the same time/some location.  I agree that it would be better in a Bball facility.

• Upvote 1