SiouxSports.com Forum

The Nickel Trophy

Blackheart

I don't know why I keep coming back in to read this thread. Repeatedly hitting myself in the head with a hammer would be less painful and I don't think I could get any dumber since reading this thread has sucked out any knowledge I had.

Hayduke, you are aware that FBS is a subdivision as well. I don't understand why you feel the need to all-caps the word subdivision in FCS.

Clearly you have a hard-on for hockey. Which is fine. It appears the only person who needs a dose of reality is you.

Hayduke is a great example of why I hate UND hockey fans. I still love UND hockey but a large group of the fans make it difficult with the blind arrogance they demonstrate. At UND hockey is and will always be the #1 sport but to almost everywhere else in the country it's a 2nd or 3rd tier sport.

• Upvote 1

Hayduke is a great example of why I hate UND hockey fans. I still love UND hockey but a large group of the fans make it difficult with the blind arrogance they demonstrate. At UND hockey is and will always be the #1 sport but to almost everywhere else in the country it's a 2nd or 3rd tier sport.

You hate und hockey fans because of what one fan says on a message board?

And please explain how hockey is a 2nd or third tier sport to almost everyone else in the country. I understand that baseball, basketball, and football may have a higher # of fans.....so does this make hockey a fourth tier sport?

Division II

Football Championship SUBDIVISION

I believe that the athletes that compete for these championships are smart enough to know what level they are playing.

Just because you aren't is not my fault.

Hayduke, First of all, nice personal attack :silly:. Secondly, I'm the one who is defending athletes who compete in their sports and the division they play in, you however are dissing the athletes that don't play in the highest level of a sport the school offers (hockey). I like how you did not answer the question on asking the non hockey athletes that their current Championships or future championships don't matter beacuse they were won in a sport that is not at the highest level.

• Upvote 1

Hayduke, you are aware that FBS is a subdivision as well. I don't understand why you feel the need to all-caps the word subdivision in FCS.

Clearly you have a hard-on for hockey. Which is fine. It appears the only person who needs a dose of reality is you.

Alabama would crush the University of Agriculture and Applied Sciences. Alabama is the national champion of college football at the highest level of the sport. FCS is the lower division. To think otherwise is as delusional as LakesBison is drunk.

What I wrote is the truth and many UND fans don't like it. That's fine. But, it's still the truth.

But,t he fact is that UND's men's hockey program has been proven to be the premier college sports program in the state of North Dakota. Their 7 national championships at the highest level of college athletics (with promise of more to come) versus the University of Agriculture and Applied Sciences ZERO (with no hope of ever gaining one at the highest level) is a reality that makes your butt hurt. That drives the beet pickers of the University of Agriculture and Applied Sciences insane. That makes me laugh and laugh and laugh. :lol:

Hayduke, First of all, nice personal attack :silly:. Secondly, I'm the one who is defending athletes who compete in their sports and the division they play in, you however are dissing the athletes that don't play in the highest level of a sport the school offers (hockey). I like how you did not answer the question on asking the non hockey athletes that their current Championships or future championships don't matter beacuse they were won in a sport that is not at the highest level.

\

Okay, imagine this scenario.

A former member of a national championship D-II football team is at a bar with a former member of a Miami Hurricanes national championship football team. They are talking and the D-II guy says to the former Hurricane, "You know, our D-II championship is JUST as big of a deal as that championship you guys with the 14 NFL starters you had on your team!" Then, after taking another shot of Cuervo, the D-II guy passes out while all around are rolling on the floor laughing their asses off.

So, next time, pass on those shots of Cuervo and face reality.

The D-II championships are an accomplishment. But, they aren't the same. That's reality. Anything else is delusional.

You know why Faison and Kelly were at FB practice? Mussman's on a short leash with 7 home games & there will be no excuses. They want what's happening south 70 miles.

They want the criminal activity like at the University of Agriculture and Applied Sciences?

Naw, I don't believe it.

You know why Faison and Kelly were at FB practice? Mussman's on a short leash with 7 home games & there will be no excuses. They want what's happening south 70 miles.

You know why Bolh closed off FU's practice to the media? He was embarassed at all the parole officers that were required to be present.

• Upvote 2

You hate und hockey fans because of what one fan says on a message board?

And please explain how hockey is a 2nd or third tier sport to almost everyone else in the country. I understand that baseball, basketball, and football may have a higher # of fans.....so does this make hockey a fourth tier sport?

He is just one example and really he isn't close to one the worst. I used to read and post on the hockey board but I was driven away from it.

I have lived in several major sports markets in the US and Hockey isn't even on the radar in either. I understand the lack of interest in Houston but Seattle wasn't much better.

• Upvote 1

When you're 2-4 to start the year we'll see what you're saying then!

2-4. Sounds like how many of your players are in line to miss the opening game because of offseason activities. (Also could use 2-4 as the number of former FU players who currently have warrants outstanding for not completing community service)

having seen plenty of UND football and hockey players in the flesh over the years, I would say that the football team is without a doubt features the better athletes. For that matter BCS title contenders almost universally have a higher caliber athlete than NHL teams.

Also, traditionally the ratings for the Stanley cup aren't much higher than the FCS title game.

having seen plenty of UND football and hockey players in the flesh over the years, I would say that the football team is without a doubt features the better athletes. For that matter BCS title contenders almost universally have a higher caliber athlete than NHL teams.

Also, traditionally the ratings for the Stanley cup aren't much higher than the FCS title game.

Are you serious? Comparing fcs football as the same level than the NHL? You heard it here first! From a bison fan.

• Upvote 1

having seen plenty of UND football and hockey players in the flesh over the years, I would say that the football team is without a doubt features the better athletes.

Except when it comes to skating, right? :)

Whoa... Man crush alert.

Are you serious? Comparing fcs football as the same level than the NHL? You heard it here first! From a bison fan.

I love that I get bashed as a bison fan for saying something positive about the football team. Hayduke takes a !@#$ over the entire athletic program and no big deal.

also if you were literate you would notice i was comparing BCS football to the NHL, and the FCS to NCAA hockey.