SiouxSports.com Forum

30 minute ticket run

Bisonville has just been glued to the coverage of this, even giving play by play of tickets sold. They certainly haven't moved on.

They make fun of our 57 sold in 6 hours. Not bad for our #2 sport, FU couldn't give away that many for Bison basketball...oh wait the Fargo Force draw more fans than their #2 sport.

• Upvote 2

They make fun of our 57 sold in 6 hours. Not bad for our #2 sport, FU couldn't give away that many for Bison basketball...oh wait the Fargo Force draw more fans than their #2 sport.

Glass house. We have as many season ticket holders in football as your hockey house can hold.....we'll see about basketball once(if it ever happens) the SHAC gets done.

I was hoping for more, but another 57 doesn't bite. With all of the attention this promotion received, there will likely be more buying tickets. The promo video on Youtube had over a 1,000 hits.

It looks like everyone had a lot of fun doing it.

Overall I would give it a "B".

Glass house. We have as many season ticket holders in football as your hockey house can hold.....we'll see about basketball once(if it ever happens) the SHAC gets done.

By that time UND will have its retractable 25k dome next to the IPF.

I have a feeling that part of this whole ticket campaign was for marketing and media exposure, as well as selling tickets. They got more exposure from this than anything else I can remember.

Its also a way to get the community involved. There are enough hockey only fans now we need football fans to jump on board. UND's attendance hit rock bottom during transition and now with the best home schedule in DI I think its a great way to get those fans back.

Seems some folks lives revolve around comparing themselves to others, then thinking they must be better if they have some association with a team or person who has been successful. It is funny that there seem to be people who not only do that, but can't even use their own accomplishments as a basis for that comparison. The fact is, that the vast majority of UND students and Alumni are happy with our educational experience at UND and what we have been able to accomplish with that education. If we played a sport at UND while we were there, we had a great experience. What happens at the AC or Notre Dame or Stanford or Augustana etc. do not diminish our experience. There seem to be a lot of trolls who don't understand that the UND experience is a great experience for the vast majority of students and we would choose it again regardless of the accomplishments of our hockey teams, BB teams FB teams etc. There seem to be some UND fans who suffer from the same comparison issues but not many.

UND FB will be a very successful FCS program and it will occur regardless of what happens with our old rivals. The opinion of those who have no knowledge, nor investment in the success of our programs is really irrelevant. It bothers the heck out of some folks that most of us don't seem to base our self evaluation and importance on our athletic teams. Doesn't mean we don't plan to win in all sports at all levels of competition it is just a different mind set for most of us.

• Upvote 4

I know you're young, but wow do you have a short memory. UND has had a waiting list for hockey tickets for years, when the FU barn wasn't even close to full. And 12K to a playoff game just 3 years ago...

• Upvote 2

By that time UND will have its retractable 25k dome next to the IPF.

I really hope they won't consider a retractable roof. In this part of the country it makes no sense. A setup with alot of natural lighting on the other hand would be awesome. One major issue with the Alerus is that there is no natural light which makes the atmosphere a little flat. They could use the money that would have been spent on a retractable roof to make the whole place alot nicer which I think would be better overall.

• Upvote 3

I really hope they won't consider a retractable roof. In this part of the country it makes no sense. A setup with alot of natural lighting on the other hand would be awesome. One major issue with the Alerus is that there is no natural light which makes the atmosphere a little flat. They could use the money that would have been spent on a retractable roof to make the whole place alot nicer which I think would be better overall.

Natural light would go long way. Look at before and after pictures of the Kibbie Dome at U of Idaho.

Before: Link

After: Link

I know you're young, but wow do you have a short memory. UND has had a waiting list for hockey tickets for years, when the FU barn wasn't even close to full. And 12K to a playoff game just 3 years ago...

On weekends when there is a home hockey series and home football game that's:

12,000 hockey

10,000 football (and growing)

12,000 hockey

34,000 total tickets sold for UND sporting events

Natural light would go long way. Look at before and after pictures of the Kibbie Dome at U of Idaho.

Before: Link

After: Link

I think thousands of video boards mounted to the inside of the roof in which they can be coded to have a nice bright sun or overcast skies or a tornado. Whatever they want! Use it to the team's advantage to have certain moods when UND or the opponent is on the field.

• Upvote 1