SiouxSports.com Forum

2014-2015 Recruiting

Hambone

Why would Berstine be on campus when he committed to Denver on Thursday? Maybe we thought we could change his mind but it appears it was a waste of some recruiting dollars!

A lot schedule their visits ahead of time so some after a visit where they verbal honor the visit and it either reaffirms the verbal or makes them change their mind.

Need to get a power forward as Kraig appears to be only one on roster next season.  Juco prospect Bernstine is 6'8". Likely to go juco to get a ready to play PF. Kraig 6'9" is fairly athletic and mobile so like Geno he could be a very under rated recruit. 5th scholly likely to be front line prospect also.  

Need to get a power forward as Kraig appears to be only one on roster next season.  Juco prospect Bernstine is 6'8". Likely to go juco to get a ready to play PF. Kraig 6'9" is fairly athletic and mobile so like Geno he could be a very under rated recruit. 5th scholly likely to be front line prospect also.  

I fully agree that we need to get another PF or two.  I wonder how interested we are in Houston Lavachek, the 6'9" kid from Williston CC (Glenburn). 

I also agree that our next 2 should go to getting our 4's and 5's established.  I would like to see them grab not only a PF, but either grab a hybrid PF/C or take a chance on a project Center. 

We have the looks of another very deep backcourt, lets see if we can get some balance to it as well. 

If you guys wanna review the info below, it looks like we have one spot left.

ss_zps5feeb65f.png

Legend

Black - Scholarship Player
Burgundy - Red-Shirted Scholarship Player
Red - Current Red-Shirt Scholarship Player
Purple - Non-Scholarship Player
Gray - Player No Longer On Roster
Dark Green - Signed LOI Prospect
Light Green - Verbal Commit Prospect
Navy Blue - High Interest Prospect
Royal Blue - Medium Interest Prospect
Light Blue - Low Interest Prospect

Is there some indication that we have any chance to get Ernst?    With the list of schools he has been offered by it would seem remote that we would get him.  It does help that he knows who some of his future teammates would be if he signed with UND.    With some of the players in our program and with some of the players we have coming down the road,  he might think this is the  the place to be  the future.  It does look like the future could be very bright at UND for men's basketball.

Is there some indication that we have any chance to get Ernst?    With the list of schools he has been offered by it would seem remote that we would get him.  It does help that he knows who some of his future teammates would be if he signed with UND.    With some of the players in our program and with some of the players we have coming down the road,  he might think this is the  the place to be  the future.  It does look like the future could be very bright at UND for men's basketball.

No, I just thought it was interesting that he played with Seales who also had some good offers.  Doesn't hurt that McDermott is from Iowa either.  Would be a huge get and I just thought it was interesting.

prep hoops iowa on Seales .Post AAU season awards.   Most likely to receive high-major offer: Cortez Seales, G, Iowa Barnstormers (North Scott)

Why: He’s got the athleticism and skill level for a Big Ten or Big East

I sure hope November 12th comes quickly - before someone convinces Seales he should be playing at a higher level!