SiouxSports.com Forum

2014-2015 Recruiting

Hambone

I hope everyone is right about Birnstine but he did nothing at Denver to warrant all this excitement.  I guess I am missing something.

I don't necessarily look for huge things from him next year, but he is a good athlete and obviously has very good bloodlines. The thing is, if he is not the answer at the 4, I have no idea who else can possibly fit that bill? And therein lies the problem. Unless a scholarship opens up AND the staff can find a legit rebounder at the 4 spot, it seems all the eggs are pretty much in the Bernstine basket.

Did start a few games as true freshman for denver which is pretty impressive. Got nicked up and minutes were reduced.  Denver ran a Princeton  style offense and Bernstine fits in better with up tempo.  Very strange  UND did not redshirt Shields.  He looks 6'9" and might be ok if he fills out and refines his skills. 

• 4 weeks later...

Mid-year update on our three HS recruits:

Player Team Record Ave FG% 3-PT FG% FT%

Seales 12-3 18.6 54 52 79

McDermott 8-6 16.8 46 45 88

Collins 13-2 9.5

Some very good shooting %s for Seales and McDermott. We certainly need players who can hit the 3 and shoot FTs well.

I wasn't able to get detailed stats on Collins. He obviously isn't scoring a great deal but he plays on a team with two studs, scoring 10/game isn't bad.

I would guess that both McDermott and Collins will redshirt next year.

I'm very excited for all four recruits to hit campus next fall. I have to imagine both Seales and Bernstine will both be key factors to the team. I'm really interested to see how both Collins and McDermott develop in their assumed redshirt year. Collins already looks like he has a college body and I hope he can become a lockdown defender with a little bit of scoring. I'm really excited to see McDermott and his shooting. Looks like he has a similar release as Doug and could become a similar player to Josh Schuler if not better. CANT WAIT!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Amazing Job Getting Seales to come to the tundra of Grand Forks. Got MVP over ESPN and Rivals 3 star recruit Stewart...who signed with Big East Program....Creighton

•  
  •  
  •  

North Scott senior Cortez Seales was named the Mississippi Athletic Conference Player of the Year, and teammate Marlon Stewart joined him as a first-team all-conference selection

McDermott scored 24 in Xavier's quarterfinal win yesterday, including 15 of 16 from the line - plus 8 rebounds while playing all 32 minutes of the game.

I watched Xavier tonight against Wahlert (Dubuque).  Xavier was ahead by 6 at the half but lost by 13.  McDermott had 19 but was only 5 or 17 from the floor.

Seales scores 20 and as his team defeats previously undefeated Iowa City West.ranked 53 nationally by max preps....Down goes #1. North Scott moves to the championship game following dominating performances from Seales and Stewart.....User Actions

Cortez Seales is being doubled every time he touches the ball. Making someone else beat you is a great strategy. #iahsbkb

Retweet
Favorite
More

•  

West will need to find an answer for Cortez Seales. He's the best player on the floor. Getting whatever he wants offensively. #iahsbkbMVP: Cortez Seales (North Scott) - 20 points, 7 rebounds, 7-10 FG, 5-6 FT

You could go with either of the Lancers' star guards here, but it was Seales who forced West to adjust their defensive gameplan in the second half, sending doubles at him each time he touched it. He was able to do whatever he wanted offensively in the first half, then took over a role as a decoy and facilitator in the second half. North Dakota got an absolute steal in Seales.