SiouxSports.com Forum

2014-2015 Recruiting

Hambone

Without shay

We ain't getting him

Baker on campus either this weekend or the following. Speculated Shay departure has zero impact on whether or not Mr Baker chooses to transfer to und. Also waiting on information from you on the mid majors interviewing Walthall.

Im in no way saying we shouldn't. A Baker, Crandall, Seales, McDermott, Collins core at positions 1-3 for 3 years would be great.

But we need to address issues for next year as well. I think we need to address our issue at power forward and potential at guard as well.

Is it just hopeful thinking or is their any real evidence that Wheeler is seriously considering UND?

Baker visiting next weekend.

Without shay

We ain't getting him

Shay is not getting the deal done. Slightly concerned about SDSU connection, but was told it wasnt happening. He has friends here and really wants to be at UND. Sees what is possible here and wants to be a part of it. (this will be a successful program)

Im in no way saying we shouldn't. A Baker, Crandall, Seales, McDermott, Collins core at positions 1-3 for 3 years would be great.

But we need to address issues for next year as well. I think we need to address our issue at power forward and potential at guard as well.

There are no "guard issues."  Hooker, Crandall, Seales, and whoever supporting.  Those three are going to create all sorts of problems for other teams next year.

PF- Bernstine, Collins some, and Cashman/Shanks in that role occasionally.  Should use a scholarship to shore this up and add depth, I agree

Baker visiting next weekend.

Shay is not getting the deal done. Slightly concerned about SDSU connection, but was told it wasnt happening. He has friends here and really wants to be at UND. Sees what is possible here and wants to be a part of it. (this will be a successful program)

There are no "guard issues." Hooker, Crandall, Seales, and whoever supporting. Those three are going to create all sorts of problems for other teams next year.

PF- Bernstine, Collins some, and Cashman/Shanks in that role occasionally. Should use a scholarship to shore this up and add depth, I agree

1 for a guard just in case something were to happened to one of those 3. Benton is the other guard unless McDermott can play more 2 in case the worst happens. I love our guards for next year. I think those extra practices/scrimmage will be helpful for the young guys.

Whether you like Jones or not , if we are able to land Wheeler we would have one heck of a group of players coming in next year. It will sure be fun to see how everything unfolds.

It's not a matter of "liking" Jones, I just don't think Jones has the demeanor and ability to coach UND in critical moments of a basketball game.

Therefore, UND will need to have a very talented roster to overcome the coaching shortcomings of Jones.

@RyanJamesMN: Stillwater center Kyle McKinley has re-opened his recruitment. He was signed/committed to Albany previously.

Thought there was a good chance of getting him originally now he's available.

Very interesting, and a very nice player with great upside. Had 5-6 D1 offers previously. I have no idea if this would be true, but do you think he and Wheeler Baker are close friends? Seems strange he gets out of his LOI at Albany the same week Baker announces he is transfering....Package deal maybe? 

I would expect UND to go after him hard regardless of his connection to Baker. Being he signed his LOI I think he would have to sit out the year, but it would just be like he was redshirting anyways. 

If the staff brings in McKinley and Baker along with the 4 recruits already signed it will be by far the most talent coming into the program in one year ever. Our roster would also be loaded with talented well known Twin Cities kids which will only help us recruit more in future years. 

Neither Baker or McKinley help next year, but that 2016-2017 roster would be absolutely loaded, and the talent for the years after would be as well. Let's hope the staff can seal the deal. 

This whole deal does seem a little ironic. You would have to believe they know each other and maybe well. They are only a year difference and McKinley just happened to have committed to Albany where Baker is at. They are both from the Minneapolis area. You have to believe it is going to be a package deal. With Hooker and some of the other star recruits we have coming it won't hurt our chances. I am sure these players are well aware of the talent coming to UND. They just might want to jump on board. Let's cross our fingers. This would be VERY exciting if it ever happened.

@RyanJamesMN: Stillwater center Kyle McKinley has re-opened his recruitment. He was signed/committed to Albany previously.

Thought there was a good chance of getting him originally now he's available.

Albany might want to re-consider their recruiting strategy as far as geography goes.

Lest everyone forgets, we have a great history and tradition in men's basketball at UND. We haven't always caught a lot of breaks in recent years. We have had a lot of bad luck when it comes to injuries. Is it possible the worm is turning. We could use a break. Stay tuned.

Lest everyone forgets, we have a great history and tradition in men's basketball at UND. We haven't always caught a lot of breaks in recent years. We have had a lot of bad luck when it comes to injuries. Is it possible the worm is turning. We could use a break. Stay tuned.

That's what they want you to think.  The future is bright!!!   :love:

6' 10"  McKinley 3rd leading scorer for Stillwater 12.5ppg. last season and 12ppg and 10 boards per game a jr.Likely to Red Shirt at D1.  Could play 4 or 5.  ...Kyle McKinley, 6'10, C- Stillwater, MN Magic Blue/Net Gain 17s

Then out of nowhere comes somebody you would have rarely seen with a ball in his hands not that long ago. I first saw this "unknown" kid playing for the Magic Elite 16s at a Pulley tournament in Eagan this past spring and was surprised by his mobility, speed, and athleticism getting up and down the court. Then by mid summer, he was playing for Net Gain 17s and looked even a little better. He's still pretty raw and needs to get stronger and improve on his skills- he only started playing the game a few years ago- but clearly he's a quick study and that, along with his God given stature has earned D1 interest and even a couple of offers already in the process.  

That's what they want you to think.  The future is bright!!!   :love:

With that type of talent the future would be bright. the 16-17 roster would be this assuming none of next years FR redshirt.

Sr. - Hooker, Blake

Jr. - Shanks, Cashman Bernstein

Soph - Crandall, Seales, Baker, Collins, McDermott, Richman

Fr. Mckinley

That is some serious talent, and we would still have 2-3 scholarships left for other players.