SiouxSports.com Forum

2014-2015 Recruiting

Hambone

If Baker can do as much as Tillman did for the FB program he will be one of the best recruits/transfers Jones ever had.  Tillman was an absolute star for the FB team, in the locker room, at corner, returning punts, etc.  Veteran leadership that they needed badly.

From what we're hearing so far, it sounds like Arrington may be a comparably great "get" for Bubba's squad.

They are unproven at the college level. Winning high school games in Iowa and scoring points in AAU games doesn't mean sh*t. Have you seen the style of play in those summer tournaments? Yeesh. Sadly, it reminds me of the way UND plays.

The only people pumping up these recruits as the 'saviors of the program' are Jones supporters. The rest of us realize they are 18 year old's who may not adjust to college and be gone in a heartbeat, as so many freshman are. The football team has a few pretty good freshman too but I'm gonna wait until I see them on the field for a few seasons in a row.

Their high school years do matter, otherwise how do you evaluate if their game could translate to the college level?

It is an inexact science, but you can usually tell if a kid should be playing ball in college.

Winning games in Iowa and Minnesota against other teams with other college level talent...

Competing and winning(some) in regional games against top teams from other states, again with other college level talent...

Making all conference, all tournament, and to the state all star game...

And yes, AAU ball can be ugly. But if you are performing in the big tournaments, again against other college level players...

That generally translates to being a good college basketball player.

Maybe they are "unproven" on the college court. But they haven't had a chance to play on it. The incoming recruits, and others here, are certainly talented enough to play at this level. Things are looking good for UND MBB.

If you can't see past your desire to get rid of Jones, and acknowledge that the young guys we have here are very good, you shouldn't be worrying about who is backing Jones.

And I've stated elsewhere, if the team isn't successful next year, get a new coach.

I was hoping SDSU would land Baker but i'm hearing there's not much interest from him. Also heard UND was the front runner but he wants to visit a lot of schools before deciding. 

Saw you guys offered the St. Cloud St. transfer. He'd be a nice get, but do you take that as a sign Baker and Wright won't be happening for the Jacks? If they are out I see it down to us, USD, and a darkhorse maybe UNO. UNO has done ok in the Twin Cities the last few years. They have 2015 MN MR Basketball JT Gibson going there next year. Not sure if NDSU would try or not....don't think they had interest the first time around. 

Baker on campus either this weekend or the following. Speculated Shay departure has zero impact on whether or not Mr Baker chooses to transfer to und. Also waiting on information from you on the mid majors interviewing Walthall.

So I'm guessing it's next weekend he will be on?

He is a 2Star recruit.  What is the scoop?     Maybe he decided he didn't want the military commitment.    Is he  eligible next year and is he graduating high school this Spring?    All of a sudden our program is a recruiting machine.

He is a 2Star recruit. What is the scoop? Maybe he decided he didn't want the military commitment. Is he eligible next year and is he graduating high school this Spring? All of a sudden our program is a recruiting machine.

If you're looking at the verbal commits page everyone is a 2 star even Richman.

Does this signing have any bearing on whether we still want or would have room for McKinley or Baker? If we still have room for those two what would the appearance of our roster be by class? So many things happening I can't keep it straight. Are DeRouen and Tyler for sure gone?

Does this signing have any bearing on whether we still want or would have room for McKinley or Baker? If we still have room for those two what would the appearance of our roster be by class? So many things happening I can't keep it straight. Are DeRouen and Tyler for sure gone?

I would bet money that Jones would make sure a scholarship is available for both of those players if they choose to come to UND.