SiouxSports.com Forum

Who gets the "C"?

GreenWing

90 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the next Fighting Sioux captain?

• Dillon Simpson
    • Derek Rodwell
    • Brendan O'Donnell
    • Derek Forbort
    • Michael Parks
    • Mark MacMillan
    • Mitch MacMillan
    • Stephane Pattyn
    • Nick Mattson
    • Rocco Grimaldi
    • Conner Gaarder

So hard to tell what some of the boys are like in practice and in the locker room.

I'm betting on Simpson as captain with Pattyn and Mark Mac the As.

Assuming Forbert is gone

Mark mac? Really? He should have to hose off the rinks after practice all summer for how he played down the stretch.

I really like SImpson as captain. This kid is truly turning into a leader. 5 days after game in grand rapids, he eases our concerns by posting on twitter he is coming back. He is from good hockey blood and knows what he has at UND. He is a great choice for the C.

• Upvote 1

Simpson is the only real option! That list scares me in the lack of offensive talent coming back. There's Rocco and maybe Mark MacMillan. Drake could be good as well but this team will really struggle to put the puck in the net next year! It will be a battle to get home ice for the playoffs next year.

Pattyn deserves the "C" with Simpson a close second choice, but will definitely be an "A". I would say the scond "A" is up in the air and I would not be surprised if St. Clair is not in the running. I think he will be an everyday player and may be moved up to a second line role. Not easy to sit out a whole year and try to get your legs. That commitment is a real positive and I am sure is noticed in the locker room.

• Upvote 1

Pattyn deserves the "C" with Simpson a close second choice, but will definitely be an "A". I would say the scond "A" is up in the air and I would not be surprised if St. Clair is not in the running. I think he will be an everyday player and may be moved up to a second line role. Not easy to sit out a whole year and try to get your legs. That commitment is a real positive and I am sure is noticed in the locker room.

I'd go with

2013 - Simpson

2014 - Pattyn

2015 - St Clair

Not saying St Clair should or shouldn't get a letter next year but who were sophmores to get letters? I know Toews had an "A" and didn't Z Par too? That has got to be pretty elite company.

I looked back a little bit. Zach Parise did not have letter.

Looking back to about 1980, I only see about four people who may have had letters as sophmores.

Toews

Ian Kidd - the list of captains I am looking him having letters both years he was here but it looks funny so I wouldn't be surprised if that is wrong.

Marc Chorney

Hak - Not sure if he really counts though, he was only here for two and a half years. What was the deal with his eligibility?

I believe Hak took some classes at a community college while he was playing in juniors. It cost him a semester of eligibility, I thought. But it is possible he attended for 3 semesters while playing juniors giving him only 2 and a half of eligibility at UND

I believe Hak took some classes at a community college while he was playing in juniors. It cost him a semester of eligibility, I thought. But it is possible he attended for 3 semesters while playing juniors giving him only 2 and a half of eligibility at UND

I know it doesn't work that way now...you can definitely take classes while playing junior