SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs YALE - Sat GAMEDAY 3pm

AZSIOUX

You have 3 D1 supposed big teams at UND...hockey MMB and FB. Would say all those hires are looking good so far.

Didnt Buning hire Jones? Faison gave Muss an extension, which is still up for debate. Faison hasnt made a big program hire yet but his others look alright.

Didnt Buning hire Jones? Faison gave Muss an extension, which is still up for debate. Faison hasnt made a big program hire yet but his others look alright.

You might be right on Jones...my bad.

O'Keefe is with the Alumni association. The UND Alumni assn. doesn't hire nor fire coaches. Gino wasn't fired cuz he had a few losing seasons. Both Gino and Blais failed to win Championships when they had the talent. It seems the the majority of NHL and College hockey coaches disagree with those of you who think Hakstol isn't a good coach. The responsibility for the hockey program is the Athletic Director and ultimately the UND president not Tim OKeefe. I would assume they won't be influenced by rubes like us who aren't in a position to make a decision on hiring a firing. I have no issue with those who are critical of Hakstol. That will happen when our season ends without a National Championship. There were teams out there with more talent. Give back the first goal the refs disallowed and give us two of the pipes and we win. That isn't the coaches fault. Yale is a talented team. They are quick. We had a hot gaolie and still got beat. The coach had the kids ready, we came out and played well in the first. At some point in time the kids need to step up and deliver. Frankly if you are honest we all need to be held responsible: Administation, coaches, players and we as fans. As Charles Barkley told one of his collegues after one of the BB games. Sometimes you just need to shake the other guys hand and move on. Looking for someone to blame is senseless and futile. Hope it makes you folks feel better cuz it will not influence who our coach is. What it can do is be read by the potential recruits who see how quickly we throw people under the bus.

• Upvote 2

O'Keefe is with the Alumni association. The UND Alumni assn. doesn't hire nor fire coaches. Gino wasn't fired cuz he had a few losing seasons. Both Gino and Blais failed to win Championships when they had the talent. It seems the the majority of NHL and College hockey coaches disagree with those of you who think Hakstol isn't a good coach. The responsibility for the hockey program is the Athletic Director and ultimately the UND president not Tim OKeefe. I would assume they won't be influenced by rubes like us who aren't in a position to make a decision on hiring a firing. I have no issue with those who are critical of Hakstol. That will happen when our season ends without a National Championship. There were teams out there with more talent. Give back the first goal the refs disallowed and give us two of the pipes and we win. That isn't the coaches fault. Yale is a talented team. They are quick. We had a hot gaolie and still got beat. The coach had the kids ready, we came out and played well in the first. At some point in time the kids need to step up and deliver. Frankly if you are honest we all need to be held responsible: Administation, coaches, players and we as fans. As Charles Barkley told one of his collegues after one of the BB games. Sometimes you just need to shake the other guys hand and move on. Looking for someone to blame is senseless and futile. Hope it makes you folks feel better cuz it will not influence who our coach is. What it can do is be read by the potential recruits who see how quickly we throw people under the bus.

I respect you as a fan and poster, but this is pure alibi-spouting nonsense. It does the program absolutely no good to keep sugar-coating problems so that they go down the hatch easier. I am so sick and tired of all the alibis and excuses over the past nine years; at some point it needs to stop.

This team just never quite "clicked", it never felt like they were firing on all cylinders. For some spurts maybe.

I think the personel and the system didn't jive.

Yup. No a dump and chase team. Should of carried the puck more.

If you don't think being married to O'Keefe's daughter didn't have any influence in Hakstol getting the head coaching gig, your head is in the clouds. I'm not saying Hak is a bad coach or necessarily deserves to be fired but c'mon, lets be honest about this. Can anyone honestly say that Eases was or is any less qualified than Eades or John Marks?

Name 5 better, the people who undervalue Hak the most are some of the idiotic fans of his team. There are tons of programs around the country that wish they had a coach like him. It could be a lot worst just look at his track record and then look at some other programs.

^^^^^^^THIS

The problem is, that the players are quite adept at "saying" the right thing, but less adept at following through. We've heard the 60 minutes refrain all year, then we heard we need to bring it like that for the rest of the year, referring to the final Michigan Tech game. Then we heard we can't leave it to a bounce. I know this isn't pro hockey, but at some point shouldn't the media point out the inconsistency in getting these pat answers all the time. I think most fans don't mind clichés if you actually believe them and make an effort to follow through on them, otherwise it's just the old Charlie Brown thing -- "Wah, Wah, Wah."Who is going to keep the cliché count starting in fall camp next year?

It's the annual epic meltdown fire Hak rhetoric. I repeat: who's out there to replace him with?

I responded that I've never called for Hak's head. I am calling for Berry's and i'm now thinking Dane Jackson's too.

Ward from Shattuck might be a good assistant.

Our coaching staff played either in the awful years (Hak and Jackson) or in between great years (Berry) none of these guys are winners...

This team had the dogs, they just didn't hunt.

You can look for a scapegoat all day. Maybe it was because I wore my black jersey instead of my white?

No, I don't think Hak should be fired. But I also think he needs to take a long hard look at how he approaches the post-season, and that starts the first day of training.

The problem is, that the players are quite adept at "saying" the right thing, but less adept at following through. We've heard the 60 minutes refrain all year, then we heard we need to bring it like that for the rest of the year, referring to the final Michigan Tech game. Then we heard we can't leave it to a bounce. I know this isn't pro hockey, but at some point shouldn't the media point out the inconsistency in getting these pat answers all the time. I think most fans don't mind clichés if you actually believe them and make an effort to follow through on them, otherwise it's just the old Charlie Brown thing -- "Wah, Wah, Wah."Who is going to keep the cliché count starting in fall camp next year?

Lets keep a count in an official thread......60 minutes, compete level, get pucks deep, play our game, blah, blah, blah....talk is cheap Hak

I think if those of us say that the current coaching staff can't be criticized is just wrong. I can't remember who the qb at Michigan was who said it but after losing a game, he even said that if he couldn't take the heat from Wolverines fans, he should've played at Ferris State. Same concept here.