SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs YALE - Sat GAMEDAY 3pm

AZSIOUX

So how long are we going to stay with this Hak experiment? Seriously, this was our last chance for a while as the talent isn't going to be there next year, and he's relied on great talent over the past 8 years. I know I'm frustrated, but year in and year out he gets outcoached. The other coaches make the between period adjustments, and Hak just looked pale-faced at the end.

• Upvote 1

One of the worst efforts I have ever witnessed from a Sioux team. Just look like they played slow all game long. Maybe Gothberg's undisclosed illness was stomach flu and every one else had it too. That is the only explanation I can find for such a lifeless effort. This one really hurt.

Congrats to Yale. Good luck to the seniors. When does next year start???

So how long are we going to stay with this Hak experiment? Seriously, this was our last chance for a while as the talent isn't going to be there next year, and he's relied on great talent over the past 8 years. I know I'm frustrated, but year in and year out he gets outcoached. The other coaches make the between period adjustments, and Hak just looked pale-faced at the end.

The Hakstol-Hale-O'Keefe Dynasty is in charge. And unfortunately, that won't change unless we have back-to-back-to-back losing, non-playoff seasons. And with us moving into the deep and talented NCHC next year, that just might happen.

Not a real crisp game at all, thought we played well in the 1st, took most of the 2nd off, and then played ok in spurts in the 3rd. Still the difference in this game tom is a couple of things. First Saunders played well most of the game but the 2nd and 3rd goal are ones that I think Zane wouldn't have gave up. Obviously disappointing we couldn't put our best lineup out there in this situation and I wonder if what was wrong with Zane whether injury or sickness will come out. The other thing is the amount of puck luck and bounces Yale got. We had 3 or 4 shots that hit the post and had a couple rolling behind the goalie as well and then the disallowed goal as well. Obviously disappointed with the outcome but I want to thank the coaching staff and players, especially the seniors for this season and all the effort and time they have put in during their time and thank them for being a part of FIGHTING SIOUX HOCKEY.

Takeaways:

Passing was awful

We lost most 50/50 battles

Saunders showed up

You can't win in post season going 0fer on the pp

No scoring, let alone secondary scoring

Pipes

Yale out worked us on the boards

End of year

I did not believe that we had an NCAA champ here, but wanted to play one more weekend