SiouxSports.com Forum

what do u think of the Red River KKK white out story

Fetch

Yes, the media is making a bigger story than what it is. A trio of high school kids being idiotic and wanting attention. It wasn't about racism, despite what it symbolized. They didn't go out there to intimidate anyone of color.

From what I have heard from those with more knowledge than me, these three kids brought the hoods into the game and put them on. Shortly after the students around them forced them to remove the hoods. Unfortunately a UND student noticed and took a picture before the hoods came off, put it on twitter and thus it became a big story in the media.

Don't forget that the Klan was big in Grand Forks in the 1920's. Remember, the Klan hates Catholics too.

These young men should probably be suspended for a day from school, and, in agreement with watchmaker, need to do a little research and an essay on what the Klan actually meant. It was inappropriate and should be addressed.

Now, if anybody responds with some ignorant point about the Black Panther, I won't respond. I don't waste my time with inbred retards.

• Upvote 3

Probably should be suspended for more than a day for this, but make it in-school suspension. No reason for them to be allowed to sit at home and joke about it.

In the library, writing that paper. Good educational opportunity for everyone involved.

Don't forget that the Klan was big in Grand Forks in the 1920's. Remember, the Klan hates Catholics too.

These young men should probably be suspended for a day from school, and, in agreement with watchmaker, need to do a little research and an essay on what the Klan actually meant. It was inappropriate and should be addressed.

Now, if anybody responds with some ignorant point about the Black Panther, I won't respond. I don't waste my time with inbred retards.

If you're promoting tolerance, using the term "retards" probably is pretty hypocritical...just saying

Pretty stupid. Kids do stupid things and they will be suspended. If they have decent parent,s the parents would make sure the kids issue a public apology and write a letter of apology to the papers and to Fargo Davies. This isn't just the PC folks over reacting. The good thing was the other kids in the section made them take the crap off. Disappointed the RR coach had no comment. All he needed to say was something like: " the insensitive behavior of a couple of idiots are not representative of our student body" and it will be handled by school administrators. As a parent if that is my kid, I take his drivers license for a month, I make sure he apologizes and he would be grounded for a month. He would also have to apologize to the RR student body. I am curious as to how many of the parents try and make excuses for their kids. They are kids and it isn't the end of the world, but the parents need to send a strong message.

Spoken like a good white person. I would say they families of the black people killed by the klan. Or any minority. Or a person with a gray matter between their ears.

My uncle was brutally handled and murdered in a North Korean prisoner of war camp largely staffed by Chinese . Another relative were brutalized by Japanese. By your academic logic, and lack of generational forgiveness, you are advocating that I should be harboring hatred toward Koreans and Japanese and Chinese.

Have you ever forgiven any one in whole life? Yeah, lets all caste stones on the people that make stupid mistakes, and never forgive them.

• Upvote 2

My uncle was brutally handled and murdered in a North Korean prisoner of war camp largely staffed by Chinese . Another relative were brutalized by Japanese. By your academic logic, and lack of generational forgiveness, you are advocating that I should be harboring hatred toward Koreans and Japanese and Chinese.

Have you ever forgiven any one in whole life? Yeah, lets all caste stones on the people that make stupid mistakes, and never forgive them.

Yeah so my great-uncle was killed by the Japanese. Your point? You are comparing a war to this?

OK, I'll bite. Liberal playbook, page 1. If anyone offers up a different opinion, label them 'ignorant'.

Speaking of ignorant, the word 'retard' is a great example of left-wing 'tolerance' right up there with the term 'tea-bagger.'

• Upvote 3

A POW camp has different rules than war.

Murder by anyone is wrong.

Have you ever forgiven anyone? You refuse to answer that.

You are not making sense. Are you saying that the black community is suppose to be all fine with the klan when not much has changed in America. Example all the RWNs clamoring for Obama's impeachment?

OK, I'll bite. Liberal playbook, page 1. If anyone offers up a different opinion, label them 'ignorant'.

Speaking of ignorant, the word 'retard' is a great example of left-wing 'tolerance' right up there with the term 'tea-bagger.'

are you trying to argue that tea-partiers (dullest party ever imo) didn't have control over their choice to be 'tea-baggers?' Even I don't look down on them that much.