SiouxSports.com Forum

Coaching Change

SIOUXELEVENS

So then enlighten me on the imaculate coaching skills of one Tony Bina. And may I remind you that I was defending Hakstol so also feel free to define this double standard as well.

Sorry - I had you confused with the geaux_sioux that defended Muss against all comers

Gotta love the internet...here's the whole story of Epping and Allard and Vinger brothers...

http://www.northdako...php?f=47&t=4175

Brings back memories reading that, forgot about the carry call towards the end, we were pissed about that at the time. That game was as close to Hoosiers as you can get, school with 24 kids against powerful multiple-time state champion Hillsboro. The hype that weekend was amazing.

Brings back memories reading that, forgot about the carry call towards the end, we were pissed about that at the time. That game was as close to Hoosiers as you can get, school with 24 kids against powerful multiple-time state champion Hillsboro. The hype that weekend was amazing.

Henry Milkey reffed a lot of games in our region and he was comparable to the WCHA reffing we see today...:)

Was he from Minot? It seems like his name is familiar for more than just that call?

I believe you are correct...I think he used to do our district 22 basketball games at the Minot Auditorium back in the day...everybody from 4 year old boys to 90 year old ladies used to curse him during the games...:)

epping + north dakota hoosiers

I'm assuming you mean Epping = North Dakota Hoosiers...but they weren't quite Hickory High.

I'm not from there...but my high school also lost to Hillsboro in the state B boys basketball championship game.

EDIT: Actually, my high school lost to Larimore in the 1978 title game and lost to Hillsboro in I believe the 1st round of the 1982 tournament.

Henry Milkey reffed a lot of games in our region and he was comparable to the WCHA reffing we see today... :)

We had lots of Gary Cederstrom and Rask...Jeff I believe. There is a reason one of them is in the big time, Gary umps in MLB, and one isn't.

Anybody care to elaborate on the definition of "unlawful delivery to certain persons"? or why there are 5 players in an on going legal process involving "unlawful delivery to certain persons". maybe that's why the team has been playing so poorly as of late.

for reference, the case numbers

18-2012-CR-03075

18-2012-CR-03084

18-2012-CR-03085

18-2012-CR-03086

18-2012-CR-03087

look at the little storm I caused with one little post.

What has he done that is wrong? Did your kid not make the team?

Lets say that did happen hypothetically. The last person I would look at would be the coach. I blows my mind when parents blame a coach when their kid isn't very good and gets cut or doesn't play. Perhaps my biggest pet peev is the whole 'not my kid' delusion, it's pathetic.

As far as this is concerned, I know a good coach when I see one and he is not one. If he was there would be some parents and former players singing his praises. That is not the case, even with those kids who won the state championship in 2010. He's a terrible coach, that's all I've ever heard about him and its pretty obvious from watching some games. Next time someone disagrees with this please give a reason in support.

The last person I would look at would be the coach. It blows my mind when parents blame a coach when their kid isn't very good and gets cut or doesn't play. Perhaps my biggest pet peeve is the whole 'not my kid' delusion, it's pathetic.

Oh, come on...every kid's a winner and everyone gets a participation medal, right?

Lets say that did happen hypothetically. The last person I would look at would be the coach. I blows my mind when parents blame a coach when their kid isn't very good and gets cut or doesn't play. Perhaps my biggest pet peev is the whole 'not my kid' delusion, it's pathetic.

As far as this is concerned, I know a good coach when I see one and he is not one. If he was there would be some parents and former players singing his praises. That is not the case, even with those kids who won the state championship in 2010. He's a terrible coach, that's all I've ever heard about him and its pretty obvious from watching some games. Next time someone disagrees with this please give a reason in support.

Still did not answer the question. Which makes me think that your kid got cut.

I've yet to hear a good thing about him as a coach from any player I've talked to. The parents want him fired. I'm not sure how he was ever hired but they will benefit immediately when he's gone.

Classic - you have yet to hear anything good about him from any of the players or parents. Then in your next breath you say it blows your mind when parents blame a coach when their kid isn't very good and gets cut or doesn't play.

You, my friend, are a gem!

I'm assuming you mean Epping = North Dakota Hoosiers...but they weren't quite Hickory High.

I'm not from there...but my high school also lost to Hillsboro in the state B boys basketball championship game.

EDIT: Actually, my high school lost to Larimore in the 1978 title game and lost to Hillsboro in I believe the 1st round of the 1982 tournament.

Then you lost to my cousin's team in 1978.