SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota vs. St. Cloud State

AZSIOUX

We've got two tough weekends at home, but if the Sioux can take care of business, I believe Minnesota has both Wisconsin and St. Cloud on the road. Possibility to make up a little ground. Really hurt losing that game to CC, as they still would have been tied with Minnesota had they taken care of business at home like they need to from here on out.

Gophers are home Friday against Mankato and then on the road for 5 straight, 1 in Mankato and then St Cloud and UW.

I think we get 6 of 8 pts the next couple weekends which will set us up quite nicely down the stretch. I really feel like this team is about to breakout.

One thing Hak's teams tend to do is play tight, until the stretch run of conference play. Then they tighten up again in the playoffs. If they play loose, fast, and smart, I think they can beat just about anyone.

• Upvote 1

I think we get 6 of 8 pts the next couple weekends which will set us up quite nicely down the stretch. I really feel like this team is about to breakout.

One thing Hak's teams tend to do is play tight, until the stretch run of conference play. Then they tighten up again in the playoffs. If they play loose, fast, and smart, I think they can beat just about anyone.

Definitely agree with this statement. I told someone on Saturday night at Mariucci that I thought this was the first time in a while I thought playing a wide open game favored UND over MN. It allows Rocco, Kristo, Knight, and Gleason to really shine and use their creativity. If they can just be more responsible in their own zone I think the sky is the limit for this team.

I think these could be high scoring games both nights m. Both teams have the horses to put up multiple points. Scsu swept Denver and that hasn't happens in something like 60 plus series or could be off but it's been a while I know that.

Denver hadn't been swept in conference place since the last time SCSU swept them. :) That was 11/15/08, BTW. Just in case anybody was curious, Denver was not able to sweep the Huskies at any point within that time frame. Needless to say, the Huskies record against DU is pretty decent in recent history.

Their record is not as good against UND in the same time frame, but they have managed to split the last three series. The last time UND swept the Huskies was 12/4/10 at the Ralph. The Huskies were 5-7-2 going into that weekend. They're 11-5 in the WCHA at the moment.

UND has a solid team, but probably not as solid as the woofing would indicate. I know this isn't the best place to say it, but I do believe a sweep is possible... by EITHER team. A seasoned gambler would probably put their money on a split, but I'm no gambler.

UND has a solid team, but probably not as solid as the woofing would indicate. I know this isn't the best place to say it, but I do believe a sweep is possible... by EITHER team. A seasoned gambler would probably put their money on a split, but I'm no gambler.

I would say SCSU's chances of a sweep are very, very slim...less than 10%.

I would say SCSU's chances of a sweep are very, very slim...less than 10%.

*best Jim Carrey voice*

"So you're saying there's a chance!"

Your odds mean you'd be fairly comfortable putting up $89 to win $10 that the Huskies won't sweep. I'm not a gambling man, but think I know a few Husky fans with $10 I could put you in contact with. ;)

*best Jim Carrey voice*

"So you're saying there's a chance!"

Your odds mean you'd be fairly comfortable putting up $89 to win $10 that the Huskies won't sweep. I'm not a gambling man, but think I know a few Husky fans with $10 I could put you in contact with. ;)

UND is what??? 20+ and 4 in at home in their last 20+ home games? I'm just saying I don't need $10, but if someone is willing give it away, I'll take it. ;)

UND is what??? 20+ and 4 in at home in their last 20+ home games? I'm just saying I don't need $10, but if someone is willing give it away, I'll take it. ;)

I will be at the games this weekend and I will take that bet. I don't actually think SCSU will sweep, but 10 dollars to win 89? My kind of odds.

I will be at the games this weekend and I will take that bet. I don't actually think SCSU will sweep, but 10 dollars to win 89? My kind of odds.

I actually wouldn't risk $10....that's a 12 pack for Friday's game. Sioux aren't going to get swept (knock on wood). Besides the last 10 minutes of Saturday's game, I thought we looked fine. The gophers played there best hockey on both Friday and Saturday night (strong goaltending, capitalizing on a high % of oppurtunities, etc.). We're making our push here on out. Our team is very good.

SCSU just finished a 10 game home stand. Yes they played 10 straight at home. They struggled against some pretty weak teams during that stretch and also swept DU. I saw DU played the Sioux and it was not the same looking team. I'm predicting a sweep for North Dakota this weekend. Go Sioux!

I actually wouldn't risk $10....that's a 12 pack for Friday's game. Sioux aren't going to get swept (knock on wood). Besides the last 10 minutes of Saturday's game, I thought we looked fine. The gophers played there best hockey on both Friday and Saturday night (strong goaltending, capitalizing on a high % of oppurtunities, etc.). We're making our push here on out. Our team is very good.

I am not sure what kind of beer your drinking at $10.00 a 12 pack. :)

I would be happy to see the same UND team from OT Saturday night make their way out for the first period of Friday night.

Nothing like watching a UND team come out flying and just pound on a team and get pucks to the net. I'll agree with a previous post. I think this team is capable of beating anyone and going on a nice winning streak with 4 in a row at the Ralph.