SiouxSports.com Forum

NDSU Softball team playing hardball with law officers

SiouxVolley

To be fair, I have heard rumors myself that this was the exact reason he was given a 2nd chance and it worked out for everyone involved. We don't know what these NDSU players did and why they were suspended, so it really is not the right time to act all high and mighty as I am assuming that the actions were far more severe.

This. Both fanbases tend to get high and mighty as far as this sort of thing goes. Not that I think it really matters, this is the softball team. Not the football team, not one of the basketball teams, heck, not even the volleyball team.

Look at Frattin's numbers before being suspended from the team. The guy was not a big-time player his freshman and sophmore years so the idea that he was brought in for a late season push really doesn't apply.

desperate times, desperate measures. #Devil'sAdvocate

This. Both fanbases tend to get high and mighty as far as this sort of thing goes. Not that I think it really matters, this is the softball team. Not the football team, not one of the basketball teams, heck, not even the volleyball team.

Whoa whoa.....did you just say what I thought you said?? Its just the softball team so it doesn't matter? Wow that's almost as bad as Gene Taylor saying since its not a sex or alcohol crime it doesn't matter. If UND had players on its women's hockey team that did this UND fans would care because that team is part of the school. UND is a school for all sports and a black eye in one of those sports is a big deal. NDSU fans had lots of praise of its softball team that went deep into the DI playoffs (just look at the threads on BVille), and to come out and say its just the softball team if hilarious. Last I looked NDSU is not a football only school but a school for all sports. So when the softball team does good it gets high praise but when it does bad (either on or off the field) oh its just the softball team. If siouxsports.com had a Preposterous Statements thread this would be #1 on the list. :lol: :lol:
  • Upvote 1

desperate times, desperate measures. #Devil'sAdvocate

One more reason to cheer against the Bison. Rules? Where we're going there are no rules.

There is no moral equivalence between Frattin and the bison football players. Anyone stating such nonsense is a moron.

Frattin: kicked off team, lost scholarship, publicly apologized, courts found him guilty, publicly repented and then given second chance in another semester

Bison players: none of the above except courts finding them guilty, AD declared they were being vilified for "nothing", no suspensions, nothing of consequence.

The world is filled with morons ethically and intellectually if one can not distinquish between UND's and NDSU's behavior in these cases.

• Upvote 2

Well one player was suspended. I do find this thread a bit odd, both schools have had student athletes screw up in the past and both will have student athletes that will screw up in the future. Not sure why both sides continue to lob stones at each other while sitting in their glass houses.

There is no moral equivalence between Frattin and the bison football players. Anyone stating such nonsense is a moron.

Frattin: kicked off team, lost scholarship, publicly apologized, courts found him guilty, publicly repented and then given second chance in another semester

Bison players: none of the above except courts finding them guilty, AD declared they were being vilified for "nothing", no suspensions, nothing of consequence.

The world is filled with morons ethically and intellectually if one can not distinquish between UND's and NDSU's behavior in these cases.

Did they?

Well one player was suspended. I do find this thread a bit odd, both schools have had student athletes screw up in the past and both will have student athletes that will screw up in the future. Not sure why both sides continue to lob stones at each other while sitting in their glass houses.

One school punishes before a court verdict, and another says it will but does not.

It is about the ethics of the administrators, namely Gene Taylor has none. Can that concept get through your thick skull?

One school punishes before a court verdict, and another says it will but does not.

It is about the ethics of the administrators, namely Gene Taylor has none. Can that concept get through your thick skull?

You act like NDSU has never punished a student athlete before, NDSU has punished players both before and after court verdicts. I don't think NDSU knew how to deal with the petition fiasco, it isn't like a player getting a DUI or a drug charge...it's more complicated. I'm sure if NDSU could do it all over again things would have been handled differently.

You act like NDSU has never punished a student athlete before, NDSU has punished players both before and after court verdicts. I don't think NDSU knew how to deal with the petition fiasco, it isn't like a player getting a DUI or a drug charge...it's more complicated. I'm sure if NDSU could do it all over again things would have been handled differently.

Best answer so far from "the other side." I actually agree with this ...(and that the stature of one program is ginormous by comparison in importance to the other one -- may have played a role, too :whistling: ).

He was suspended only because he had priors, or else he wouldn't have gotten suspended.

Whoa whoa.....did you just say what I thought you said?? Its just the softball team so it doesn't matter? Wow that's almost as bad as Gene Taylor saying since its not a sex or alcohol crime it doesn't matter. If UND had players on its women's hockey team that did this UND fans would care because that team is part of the school. UND is a school for all sports and a black eye in one of those sports is a big deal. NDSU fans had lots of praise of its softball team that went deep into the DI playoffs (just look at the threads on BVille), and to come out and say its just the softball team if hilarious. Last I looked NDSU is not a football only school but a school for all sports. So when the softball team does good it gets high praise but when it does bad (either on or off the field) oh its just the softball team. If siouxsports.com had a Preposterous Statements thread this would be #1 on the list. :lol: :lol:

I didn't say "its just the softball team so it doesn't matter." I said, It is the softball team, I do not care about them. Two different things.

I have never been to an NDSU softball game. I have no interest in going to an NDSU softball game. I never plan on going to an NDSU softball game. They are about as relevant to me as the NDSU Chess Club(if we have one).

I didn't say "its just the softball team so it doesn't matter." I said, It is the softball team, I do not care about them. Two different things.

I have never been to an NDSU softball game. I have no interest in going to an NDSU softball game. I never plan on going to an NDSU softball game. They are about as relevant to me as the NDSU Chess Club(if we have one).

In summation...buttfootball.

• Upvote 1

More than likely a Checkers team. ;)

• Upvote 2