SiouxSports.com Forum

NDSU Softball team playing hardball with law officers

SiouxVolley

http://www.wday.com/event/article/id/72540/

Guess NDSU officials can take a hard line against a team, as long as it's a team that doesn't matter.

The Forum reports that the sanctions come after the team violated team rules and athletic department policies at a team party and at a separate altercation on Nov. 30 and Dec. 1.

The university says the sanctions include game suspensions ranging from three to 10 games.

Ray Boyer is the director of the university's police and safety office. He says an investigation involving one or more softball players has been completed and sent to the Cass County State's Attorney's Office.

• Upvote 2

The difference in the way the football and softball incidences were handled initially(and later I am sure) by NDSU are quite dramatically different. It is very laughable. With the football team they needed to have their day in court before they would do anything.

The difference in the way the football and softball incidences were handled initially(and later I am sure) by NDSU are quite dramatically different. It is very laughable. With the football team they needed to have their day in court before they would do anything.

Its also a difference in athletic directors. Gene cares only about football, while the women's AD cares about the school and laying down the law.

And when they were found guilty in court, nothing was done.

Recently NDSU's Athletics administration stated that if they take action involving an athlete or coach it must've been because of ...

- sex

- drugs

- violence

Based on their own words, if they do anything it's because of one of those three.

So can one assume the softball team beat up and had sex with AD Dorn while high on methamphetamine??

Why even though the fb team is in the championship one can still not respect them.

I respect the players that didnt break the law but I don't respect the players that broke the law unpunished, Craig Bohl and Gene Taylor who thinks football is above the law. Voter fraud is a huge deal and by punishing those players by turning off their tv at 9pm is not the answer to a serious crime.

I respect the players that didnt break the law but I don't respect the players that broke the law unpunished, Craig Bohl and Gene Taylor who thinks football is above the law. Voter fraud is a huge deal and by punishing those players by turning off their tv at 9pm is not the answer to a serious crime.

Hence, why you can not respect the players, coaches, AD, et all. Along with why they can not be cheered on to win.

Maybe you should ask Bison fans why they can't respect UND when we make the playoffs, and if you think they do you are on something.

Because UND is a school that allows hockey players to return to the lineup when it is clear that they need them for the late season push. (Frattin yeah?)

Because UND is a school that allows hockey players to return to the lineup when it is clear that they need them for the late season push. (Frattin yeah?)

And that is a major mistatement of the facts. Frattin was suspended from the team the day after he was stopped for DWI. Hakstol did not wait for the legal system to take its course. Frattin lost his hockey scholarship. Frattin was not a "star" of the hockey team at the time. He was not brought back to the team to help the team for a late season push. He was suspended indefinitely. He came back when he was able to convince Hakstol that he had changed and asked for a chance to re-establish himself, paying his own way in college. Matt's story is quite public and is a story of rehabilitaion and paying his dues.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/03/sports/03frattin.html

And that is a major mistatement of the facts. Frattin was suspended from the team the day after he was stopped for DWI. Hakstol did not wait for the legal system to take its course. Frattin lost his hockey scholarship. Frattin was not a "star" of the hockey team at the time. He was not brought back to the team to help the team for a late season push. He was suspended indefinitely. He came back when he was able to convince Hakstol that he had changed and asked for a chance to re-establish himself, paying his own way in college. Matt's story is quite public and is a story of rehabilitaion and paying his dues.

http://www.nytimes.c.../03frattin.html

Buttfootball.

And that is a major mistatement of the facts. Frattin was suspended from the team the day after he was stopped for DWI. Hakstol did not wait for the legal system to take its course. Frattin lost his hockey scholarship. Frattin was not a "star" of the hockey team at the time. tea He was not brought back to the team to help them for a late season push. He was suspended indefinitely. He came back when he was able to convince Hakstol that he had changed and asked for a chance to re-establish himself, paying his own way in college. Matt's story is quite public and is a story of rehabilitaion and paying his dues.

http://www.nytimes.c.../03frattin.html

To be fair, I have heard rumors myself that this was the exact reason he was given a 2nd chance and it worked out for everyone involved. We don't know what these NDSU players did and why they were suspended, so it really is not the right time to act all high and mighty as I am assuming that the actions were far more severe.

I will be shocked if he is Fargo for longer than another year, simply too good of a coach for the FCS level.

Only thing that has kept him here this long is his refusal take anything less than a BCS level job. Seemed like the only job he really wanted was Minnesota, amazing how stupid they were to take Brewster over Bohl.