SiouxSports.com Forum

Big Sky Scores, Stats, & Standings

dakotadan

Will Cherry is a great player, but that Defensive player of the Year award this year is on his name, and what he has accomplished in the past. What did he play 15 or 16 games? I'm sorry, to me that doesn't do it to be recognized as the Defensive Player of the Year. Injuries can unfortunately and should have an effect on whether you deserve an award. Again, Will Cherry is a fantastic ball player in The Big Sky, and he's a great defender, but I think you have to play in more than 75% if the conference games to qualify for that award, this season.

Oh well what does it matter? I've never liked individual awards all that much anyway so, I don't even know why I'm paying any attention.

Huff makes first team All-Big Sky. Anderson gets second team.

UND record with Huff out: 0-7 vs DI (2-0 vs NAIA )

UND record with Huff playing but not starting: 2-3

UND record with Huff starting and playing full game: 11-5

Big Sky record with Huff starting: 11-4

Big Sky record w/o Huff starting: 1- 4

Congratulations to Huff - I think he has worked hard on parts of his game and made himself our MVP

Best part about it was it was unanimous and he and Jamar from Montana were the only 2. Congrats to Troy, he really worked his tail off this year to get better and it really showed. The best thing about it is that he can still get better!!!!

Congrats to Aaron for making 2nd team as well, he worked his tail off as well and was a great leader all year long. I hope that he can improve next year so we can potentially have 2 1st team all Big Sky next year!