SiouxSports.com Forum

UND at NDSU 12/9

darell1976

Me and my family was at the game. Atmosphere sucked big time. I never heard such a quiet UND-NDSU game ever. My kids had fun doing the chicken dance on the court at halftime. Food was good, but the game itself stunk. UND looked horrible. If they play like that no way do we even get close to .500 let alone have a shot at the dance. Next Monday UND is at SUU and that's when every game matters, so Brian Jones better figure out what is wrong with this team and fix it quick.

One conclusion after the game. Whether the game would of been close or not the Fargodome is not good for basketball. It just has no atmosphere. Even when the fans are cheering you just can't feel it.

I guess Saul Phillips said the atmosphere was stale and wants the game back to the BSA. I hope when they play in GF its at the Betty just like have this game at the BSA and leave the REA for hockey and the Fargodome for football...at least until both teams are in the same conference.

I don't care about the past and the future is nothing but speculation... The here and now is real

Sorry but anyone who posts a statement like "Beside hockey is there anything to be excited about at UND" is myopic, immature and under informed (and probably has ulterior motives for posting here.)

Honestly, with Huff and Brekke out of the game, the chance of winning this game was about 1%.

With Brekke gone, the rebounding and inside defense will be crap.

With Huff gone, nobody matches up with Braun.

I agree with Brekke being gone after 3 minutes that killed our rebounding and inside game. Have to disagree with nobody matching up with Braun cause when Schuler was guarding Braun he rarely scored. When Schuler got into foul trouble and Webb and others guarded Braun is when he did all his scoring. Atmosphere was dead with a less than half full dome and once again offensive rebounds was a major factor is this game. When is this team going to learn to box out and when are they going to learn how to set a screen without being called for a foul. I notice game after game the teams we play do it so unselfish and I dont see that from us. Other teams find the open guys and have a nice inside out game and we dont even know how to do the basics of this. Guards penetrate and continue to draw the defense and hardly ever dish it to the open guys, so why do we always have players just standing in the corners waiting for a pass but never pass it to them.

Me and my family was at the game. Atmosphere sucked big time. I never heard such a quiet UND-NDSU game ever. My kids had fun doing the chicken dance on the court at halftime. Food was good, but the game itself stunk. UND looked horrible. If they play like that no way do we even get close to .500 let alone have a shot at the dance. Next Monday UND is at SUU and that's when every game matters, so Brian Jones better figure out what is wrong with this team and fix it quick.

I was at the game 2 years ago and that was dead as well. When it is just another OC game, the fans will not get very pumped up. The bottom line is this game meant very little to either team. And, it does seem the Fargodome is not a great venue for BB.

Sorry but anyone who posts a statement like "Beside hockey is there anything to be excited about at UND" is myopic, immature and under informed (and probably has ulterior motives for posting here.)

Easy...I am referring to UND sports...this is a sports forum the last time I checked...please tell me the last time the sports (not including hockey) at UND were this bad...sorry the truth hurts...take off the green goggles and look at the records our teams are posting so far this year...

I was at the game 2 years ago and that was dead as well. When it is just another OC game, the fans will not get very pumped up. The bottom line is this game meant very little to either team. And, it does seem the Fargodome is not a great venue for BB.

Great point that it is just another OOC game, its just not the same feeling compared to when both teams were in the NCC. Maybe one day both teams will be in the same conference.

Easy...I am referring to UND sports...this is a sports forum the last time I checked...please tell me the last time the sports (not including hockey) at UND were this bad...sorry the truth hurts...take off the green goggles and look at the records our teams are posting so far this year...

Each sport has its ups and downs. In the 80's hockey took a little dip between 82-87, women's basketball wasn't that great under Dave Gunther and our football team was horrible when Roger Thomas took over. Men's basketball was good during the Rich Glas years but has struggled before and after him. All sports are not going to have great success every year and at the same time especially when you go through a transition to a higher level and play higher level teams. Just be patient.

Basketball enthusiasm in Fargo has taken a hit from what it was. From what I hear there is almost nobody at there women's games too. Not like it used to be. It is all football.

Their attendance is really bad: 834 vs Harvard, 412 vs Mayville St, 891 vs Northern Iowa, 2709 vs UND, 512 vs Drake 1072 average or 662 without the UND game. For the UND women: 1450 vs Harvard, 1400 vs Air Force, 1720 vs Drake Average 1523. Quite a difference

Basketball enthusiasm in Fargo has taken a hit from what it was. From what I hear there is almost nobody at there women's games too. Not like it used to be. It is all football.

Wow - I'll give you the womens bb team but the men's bb in 3 games without the und game is averaging 1975 and you guy's are at 1497. So if our's is lacking in enthusiasm what's your's lacking?

Wow - I'll give you the womens bb team but the men's bb in 3 games without the und game is averaging 1975 and you guy's are at 1497. So if our's is lacking in enthusiasm what's your's lacking?

Enthusiasm.

Oh, and now that the game is over and UND lost I wanted to add this: UND is garbage this year, both teams are not going to do anything and the game was awful. The win proves nothing for NDSU since UND is so bad. Atmosphere was terrible.

UND is just coming out of transition and have only had 2 home games this year. NDSU has had 6 home games to build some excitement for your team. I think UND is going to need more than 2 home games against Crown college and Kansas city to get a real perspective ,on fan interest. I thought there was March Madness hysteria for your men's team. Guess not.

UND is just coming out of transition and have only had 2 home games this year. NDSU has had 6 home games to build some excitement for your team. I think UND is going to need more than 2 home games against Crown college and Kansas city to get a real perspective ,on fan interest. I thought there was March Madness hysteria for your men's team. Guess not.

How long are you going to use the transition as a excuse? Our first year out of transition we went to the dance.

That is what I said. After going to the dance you would think their would more enthusiam for your team. We have played 2 home games and we haven't even started conference play. We might be dancing this year yet. You never know. Check back later in the year. I noticed you haven't been around much lately. UND mopping up on your Women's basketball and Volleyball teams made you disappear for a while. Welcome back.

How long are you going to use the transition as a excuse? Our first year out of transition we went to the dance.

I agree on the transition excuse but only 2 home games and only one of them against a DI opponent isn't going to pack the place. UND has had a horrible road trip to start the year at KSU, at Hawaii, at UNI, at SDSU that is some good talent 23rd in the nation in SOS according to Sagarin rankings. We need more games at the Betty to get people in the seats and of course we need to win. NDSU has had both a lot of games in Fargo and a lot of W's. The best combo you can ask for.

That is what I said. After going to the dance you would think their would more enthusiam for your team. We have played 2 home games and we haven't even started conference play. We might be dancing this year yet. You never know. Check back later in the year. I noticed you haven't been around much lately. UND mopping up on your Women's basketball and Volleyball teams made you disappear for a while. Welcome back.

Here is the Sagarin ratings for the Big Sky: http://usatoday30.us...rin/bkc1213.htm

103 Weber State = 76.48 3 2 73.56( 139) 0 0 | 0 0 | 76.09 108 | 76.70 102

155 Montana = 72.96 2 3 77.43( 33) 0 0 | 0 0 | 73.25 149 | 72.51 162

230 Sacramento State = 68.02 3 3 71.54( 221) 0 0 | 0 0 | 67.21 239 | 68.64 225

238 Eastern Washington = 67.33 2 6 73.97( 128) 0 0 | 0 0 | 67.11 242 | 67.40 239

248 Portland State = 66.86 0 4 80.82( 9) 0 1 | 0 1 | 66.97 245 | 66.59 255

249 Northern Colorado = 66.82 0 6 79.32( 12) 0 1 | 0 2 | 66.35 258 | 67.12 245

265 Northern Arizona = 66.11 3 5 74.41( 111) 0 1 | 0 2 | 66.86 251 | 65.12 282

270 North Dakota = 65.85 0 6 78.29( 23) 0 0 | 0 1 | 66.86 252 | 64.55 290

291 Montana State = 64.51 1 5 71.12( 232) 0 0 | 0 0 | 63.22 304 | 65.51 276

315 Idaho State = 62.23 0 6 75.35( 83) 0 0 | 0 0 | 62.87 306 | 61.33 316

334 Southern Utah = 59.08 0 6 74.50( 110) 0 1 | 0 1 | 59.26 329 | 58.72 336

Weber State may be the team to beat.