SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota vs. DU

AZSIOUX

Mac can flat out nail guys out there! He has a couple per game along with some penalties as well :) I haven't seen anyone else in college hockey who hits like that on a weekend basis.

Side note Rodwell doesn't have a point this season. Hard to believe even though we haven't been scoring that many goals.

Aside from him the only guys that seem to fit that mold currently are Pattyn and Panz

Sept 3, 2007

It took a couple of seasons but Matt Greene finally got a shot at Oilers prospect Geoff Paukovich and made the most of it. Here's the deal, back in 2004-05 in the WCHA Final Five, Paukovich playing for the Denver Pioneers crushed Greene's teammate Robbie Bina of North Dakota with an ugly hit that brokeBina's neck. (Bina has since returned to play).

Greene, the Fighting Sioux's captain, exchanged words with Paukovich telling him their would be a day of reckoning at a later date. (Note:this would be the politically correct translation of what was said!).

As you all know you can't fight in College hockey but you can in a conditioning camp. Paukovich now an Oilers prospect showed up at Clare Drake Arena the other day for the U. of A. Conditioning Camp, and Greene of course is an Oilersregular. Greene was late for a session, and the two were slated to be on the same team, when he saw Paukovich in a drill. Greene immediately skated over to Paukovich and told him the day of reckoning had arrived and proceeded to according to onlookers..make short work of Paukovich. The one-sided tilt lasted 15-20 seconds. The two shook hands after the fight.

Would have paid money to see that fight. I remember reading about that thinking that Paukovich finally got his.....

Wish we would have got one chance to see Zach Jones go nuts on someone.....

I was just telling my wife during last nights game that, the Sioux used to be feared by other teams and that was a huge advantage for them. Other schools just knew that if they had the puck there was a chance they were going to get crushed and that helped send a message. I really do not see that advantage anymore, I miss that and really think this team needs to find that again and it could help them over the rest of the season.

I believe that we won't see that again in college hockey. Just about any hard hit these days draws a penalty of some kind (they will just make it up as they go). T.J. Oshie would be in the box the whole game with the current rules applications. That level of intimidation will no longer be allowed, I'm afraid.

Aside from him the only guys that seem to fit that mold currently are Pattyn and Panz

Agree with that. Caggulia has a nice all around game and has thrown his weight around.

I think Simpson could be a 10-15 goal guy as they seem to find him back door on a few plays when he comes flying in.

The pp needs some work and wouldn't mind seeing Rocco up top for a full weakened just to see what happens.

Go Sioux

Sweep DU!!

Agree with that. Caggulia has a nice all around game and has thrown his weight around.

I think Simpson could be a 10-15 goal guy as they seem to find him back door on a few plays when he comes flying in.

The pp needs some work and wouldn't mind seeing Rocco up top for a full weakened just to see what happens.

Go Sioux

Sweep DU!!

Agree on "Caligula" I like his game- especially for a rookie

I believe that we won't see that again in college hockey. Just about any hard hit these days draws a penalty of some kind (they will just make it up as they go). T.J. Oshie would be in the box the whole game with the current rules applications. That level of intimidation will no longer be allowed, I'm afraid.

I still think player rep goes a long way. Even in this league. Half of the Osh's big hits would be penalties if delivered by Mac, but the fact that TJ was a skill guy as well made the ref swallow the whistle.

This is always a good one. Wish I was gonna be in GF this weekend.

If I remember right, this one was because the Denver players always decide to come out on the ice briefly at the end of the period before going into the locker room, which is actually against the official rules.

If it makes you feel any better, I talked with Brock's cousin and unlce a week ago and they were both telling me Brock wishes he would have stayed too.

...and he'll come back and tell other underclassmen to not leave early and to cherish their time playing at UND...and we'll continue to lose players early.

If I remember right, this one was because the Denver players always decide to come out on the ice briefly at the end of the period before going into the locker room, which is actually against the official rules.

Also, Mannino popped Finley in the head right before it all broke loose. I only noticed that after Lamoureux turned around to watch it happen.