SiouxSports.com Forum

FCS Playoffs

Cratter

Back to the playoffs: I think NDSU will win because they are the best all around team I have seen this year; they do everything well. Maybe not the most talented in spots but talent does not always prevail.

UNDColorado, if you want to use the Big Sky banner, save the image locally, then upload it in your profile settings. Using the Big Sky banner link comes from freeimagehosting.net, which is giving all of us trying to enter a thread where someone has the banner a malware warning.

UNDColorado, if you want to use the Big Sky banner, save the image locally, then upload it in your profile settings. Using the Big Sky banner link comes from freeimagehosting.net, which is giving all of us trying to enter a thread where someone has the banner a malware warning.

Thanks for the heads up...I will get rid of that.

• 2 weeks later...

I think it's on Monday. Tide's gonna roll again. SEC schedule is unbelievably tough. Although, I must admit that Notre Dame's schedule wasn't exactly weak.

I have made a resolution to keep my conversations here productive, so this is not me talking smack.

This attitude that you display towards the FCS championship, is exactly why UND will always struggle to put butts in the seats of the Alerus. Why see a team that isn't playing for a "real" national championship right. Better head over to the Ralph.

SMH

• Upvote 1

I think it's on Monday. Tide's gonna roll again. SEC schedule is unbelievably tough. Although, I must admit that Notre Dame's schedule wasn't exactly weak.

I agree, DI FCS is fake football. I'm even smug enough to through my own team under the bus to prove my point. I hate Christmas too, and santa isnt real.

A Bison troll previously stated that there are UND posters on BV too. That is true. The difference is that there are probably 100 times more posts by Bison fans on the UND website than the other way around. That is just a fact. It is very interesting. I am not sure why it is that way.

A Bison troll previously stated that there are UND posters on BV too. That is true. The difference is that there are probably 100 times more posts by Bison fans on the UND website than the other way around. That is just a fact. It is very interesting. I am not sure why it is that way.

I think it's just a numbers game. There are simply a lot more NDSU fans who like posting on the internet than most fanbases. NDSU has easily the most fans posting on AGS as well.

I think it's just a numbers game. There are simply a lot more NDSU fans who like posting on the internet than most fanbases. NDSU has easily the most fans posting on AGS as well.

Lots of free time during the winter when harvest is over to pollute this site. Might be a busier day than normal for posting for all of them as no mail service to see if 1st aid check of year has arrived. ;)

• Upvote 1

As for the FCS title tilt...if either team gets to 21 poitns they are lock to win IMO.

Fair prediction, our defense took a huge hit with the news that Grant Olson likely won't be playing. It would be some feat to win the NC without 3 of NDSU's top 4 defenders.

Grant will be missed in a huge way though, this game more than a lot of others NDSU needs it's defensive signal caller. SHSU does a lot of shifting and runs out of a lot of different formations and personel groups, it will hurt a lot not to have the defensive leader.

Fair prediction, our defense took a huge hit with the news that Grant Olson likely won't be playing. It would be some feat to win the NC without 3 of NDSU's top 4 defenders.

Grant will be missed in a huge way though, this game more than a lot of others NDSU needs it's defensive signal caller. SHSU does a lot of shifting and runs out of a lot of different formations and personel groups, it will hurt a lot not to have the defensive leader.

Hadn't heard that news...why?

Huge blow if he can't go.

Hadn't heard that news...why?

Huge blow if he can't go.

Sounds like he underwent an appendectomy yesterday. Some optimistic fans are holding out hope that he can play, but even with the best case scenario, I have to believe there isn't an MD with a license that would clear him for violent collisions 5 days following this procedure.

Huge loss, I would venture to say he is the player I would least want to lose for this game.

Not sure that I would brag about NDSU's internet fanbase. I consider myself a fairly moderate poster light weight smack nothing serious and I post on four message boards mostly here and AGS. I have a twitter account which I use to follow various reporters for news and sports. I have used this account for about 5/10 tweets and I have had some fairly distributing interactions with the NDSU internet fanbase which definitely curtail my online activities.

AGS - I have received several seriously messed up PMs from Lakes and JBB. Note: I don't know these guys and I can't believe anyone would send what they do via PM. NOTE: I only replied to them when it was so outrageous that they needed to be called out and I simply posted links and portions of the links text to refute their claims.

Twitter - I posted one tweet toward a NDSU fan - he was showing a picture of the new track and field facility. NOTE: very nice facility it should help NDSU's track program. But, my reply was simply - "nice Tin Shed". Wow - you would not believe the hell that broke out and two hours later my twitter account was hacked. It was a mess..

I know that I don't have to tell most UND fans that are active on the message boards and twitter to be very careful. I can only image what DaveK and Darryl have been through. But, I know that I am very careful about what I post after my account was hacked. The NDSU online fanbase has some truly messed up people and one of the reasons why I do not enjoy NDSU's fans on SiouxSports. I am all for a little smack, but when comments like "nice Tin Shed" gets you a hacked account. I truly don't want to interact will any NDSU fans online. I don't think most NDSU fans get how bad of a rep they have..

NOTE: Sorry, I did not mean to take it out on you Bison6. You are a reasonable dude. But, I just wanted to let you know what it is like on the other (UND) side and dealing with NDSU fans online. NDSU fans have a tendency to think UND fans are too sensitive about smack. The problem from my end is that NDSU fans don’t know how to take what they dish..

Sounds like he underwent an appendectomy yesterday. Some optimistic fans are holding out hope that he can play, but even with the best case scenario, I have to believe there isn't an MD with a license that would clear him for violent collisions 5 days following this procedure.

Huge loss, I would venture to say he is the player I would least want to lose for this game.

Tough loss.. you never know - next up mentality - UND got it from the QB position when Hansen went down against "Mines".

Not sure that I would brag about NDSU's internet fanbase. I consider myself a fairly moderate poster light weight smack nothing serious and I post on four message boards mostly here and AGS. I have a twitter account which I use to follow various reporters for news and sports. I have used this account for about 5/10 tweets and I have had some fairly distributing interactions with the NDSU internet fanbase which definitely curtail my online activities.

AGS - I have received several seriously messed up PMs from Lakes and JBB. Note: I don't know these guys and I can't believe anyone would send what they do via PM. NOTE: I only replied to them when it was so outrageous that they needed to be called out and I simply posted links and portions of the links text to refute their claims.

Twitter - I posted one tweet toward a NDSU fan - he was showing a picture of the new track and field facility. NOTE: very nice facility it should help NDSU's track program. But, my reply was simply - "nice Tin Shed". Wow - you would not believe the hell that broke out and two hours later my twitter account was hacked. It was a mess..

I know that I don't have to tell most UND fans that are active on the message boards and twitter to be very careful. I can only image what DaveK and Darryl have been through. But, I know that I am very careful about what I post after my account was hacked. The NDSU online fanbase has some truly messed up people and one of the reasons why I do not enjoy NDSU's fans on SiouxSports. I am all for a little smack, but when comments like "nice Tin Shed" gets you a hacked account. I truly don't want to interact will any NDSU fans online. I don't think most NDSU fans get how bad of a rep they have..

NOTE: Sorry, I did not mean to take it out on you Bison6. You are a reasonable dude. But, I just wanted to let you know what it is like on the other (UND) side and dealing with NDSU fans online. NDSU fans have a tendency to think UND fans are too sensitive about smack. The problem from my end is that NDSU fans don’t know how to take what they dish..

Who's bragging? I'm certainly not.

Your experience is your experience, nothing for me to say there. But you are making pretty broad brush strokes based on your experience with a select few in NDSU's fanbase.

Every fanbase has these types of people, yes even UND. There are many NDSU fans that feel the exact same way you do about these 'extreme' fans and as you know it is very easy to be an unreasonable a-hole when you are anonymous on the internet. NDSU fans are not evil, people can be evil and some of them just happen to be NDSU fans.

Your last two sentences will be said from here until the end of eternity about opposing teams fanbases, its a matter of perspective.

Who's bragging? I'm certainly not.

Your experience is your experience, nothing for me to say there. But you are making pretty broad brush strokes based on your experience with a select few in NDSU's fanbase.

Every fanbase has these types of people, yes even UND. There are many NDSU fans that feel the exact same way you do about these 'extreme' fans and as you know it is very easy to be an unreasonable a-hole when you are anonymous on the internet. NDSU fans are not evil, people can be evil and some of them just happen to be NDSU fans.

Your last two sentences will be said from here until the end of eternity about opposing teams fanbases, its a matter of perspective.

peace - good luck with the New Years resolution

Injuries are a part of the game - go back and look at some of your cohorts posts on this site during their daily UND smacking. If this information was posted regarding a UND player during the season I think some of them would say you are starting to post excuses before the game - just in case.

I have made a resolution to keep my conversations here productive, so this is not me talking smack.

This attitude that you display towards the FCS championship, is exactly why UND will always struggle to put butts in the seats of the Alerus. Why see a team that isn't playing for a "real" national championship right. Better head over to the Ralph.

SMH

Whatever.

The FCS is a championship. It's just not a real D-1 championship. Since UND isn't playing, I prefer to discuss the real D-1 championship between Alabama and Notre Dame.

If you prefer, go to Bisonville and chat with the other children about the game between the Buffalo and SW Texas Vo-Tech College.

• Upvote 1

Whatever.

The FCS is a championship. It's just not a real D-1 championship. Since UND isn't playing, I prefer to discuss the real D-1 championship between Alabama and Notre Dame.

If you prefer, go to Bisonville and chat with the other children about the game between the Buffalo and SW Texas Vo-Tech College.

This thread is about the FCS playoffs, not the BCS championship game. If you want it discuss the non-NCAA championship game, you can go somewhere else.