SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. UMD - Saturday

AZSIOUX

Positives from this weekend:

I really think we are getting to some lines- Knight with Kristo and MacMillan is legit, so is Grimaldi with Caggiula and St Clair. I actually think all forward lines showed me something tonight.

Negatives from this weekend:

Terrible breakout, worse power play, and even worse defensive zone play

So, everything that needs work is coached, that means the coaches can do something about it.

Positives: Our top line seems to be coming together. Kristo had a hobey weekend and Knight dominated the face off circle once more.

Negatives: Enough has been said about the officiating (awful) so I won't go there. And plenty has been said about the PP, which may hinge on my real issue here. Passing into the skates of your teammates has to stop. Tape to tape passing is the only way to get it done in the wcha. If your teammate has to fight to dig the puck out of his laces the defender will be on him before he can make the next play. It's that simple. Duluth's pp looked decent thanks to their passing. In comparison, UND looked like a club team. </rant>

Kristo won that game last night! Great hustle play against boards to keep the puck in when he chipped it. Then get it back and set up a slam dunk which he has done very game, just a matter of a linemate finishing.kristo has been great and hope he can keep it up all year!

I don't remember a dogs team that was as chippy - also any team that plays the trap as well as they did - they could skate & pass well - but it felt great to win & our guys gutted that one out

I think the have been a bit of the rough side since Sandy has been the coach... I don't know about anyone else, but I actually like the rougher series, they are more exciting games to watch on the ice. More emotions. Last night's game had a tension to it. Loved watching the dust up by the UMD players box, it showed that they were into the game.

• Upvote 2

The chippiness is fine and fun to watch but not the cfb. There were 2 or 3 not called iirc. That stuff isnt good at all. If the refs don't start calling the ones that should be called then that's when teams start policing themselves and things get ugly. Umd has a nice young team. They could make a run in a year or two! Always root for Umd right after Bemidji

The chippiness is fine and fun to watch but not the cfb. There were 2 or 3 not called iirc. That stuff isnt good at all. If the refs don't start calling the ones that should be called then that's when teams start policing themselves and things get ugly. Umd has a nice young team. They could make a run in a year or two! Always root for Umd right after Bemidji

The hit from behind on Grimaldi friday night that got uncalled was unbelievable. Damn near took his head off. Then I was watching the goofer/bucky game friday night and a bucky player gets called for a cfb that was at the most 2 minutes. Consistency is not in the WCHA refs vocabulary.

I think the have been a bit of the rough side since Sandy has been the coach... I don't know about anyone else, but I actually like the rougher series, they are more exciting games to watch on the ice. More emotions. Last night's game had a tension to it. Loved watching the dust up by the UMD players box, it showed that they were into the game.

Old Tyme Fighting Sioux hockey !