SiouxSports.com Forum

Northern Colorado

bincitysioux

Just wondering what everybody's thoughts are heading into this game. UNC has been pretty bad for quite some time, but they've won 2 of their last 3 games and put quite a scare into Northern Arizona. North Dakota had to win it on a last second FG last year down in Greeley against a winless team. UND is 1-3 on the road this season, and we struggled at home this season against pretty pedestrian Montana and Southern Utah teams. I think this game is far from a gimme. It'll be interesting to see how they fare against Weber this weekend.

Anybody making the trip to Greeley? I'm leaving on Thursday and looking forward to it.............

Northern Colorado is much improved this year and contrary to popular belief they were a pretty talented team last year. Last year they obviously didn't win, losing can set in like a virus and it must have in a big way for them last year. This year they are better and have been a tough team to play recently. It should be a good game for sure.

Northern Colorado is much improved this year and contrary to popular belief they were a pretty talented team last year. Last year they obviously didn't win, losing can set in like a virus and it must have in a big way for them last year. This year they are better and have been a tough team to play recently. It should be a good game for sure.

I agree. I listen to their games on the Greeley station from time to time. They have improved over the year and are starting to believe in themselves. North Dakota better be ready.

• Upvote 1

I agree. I listen to their games on the Greeley station from time to time. They have improved over the year and are starting to believe in themselves. North Dakota better be ready.

Good thing is that UND found out how good a winless UNC team was last year and know that they've improved so there should be no underestimating by UNDs team.

They can't take anything for granted in this game. Should be fun to watch, and I expect it will go down to the wire.

I am surprised at how balanced the Big Sky is this year - no game is a gimme for anyone other than Idaho State.

UND has a chance to finish a very respectable no. 5 in the conference if they win against UNC, and we KNOW the D can play much better than they have shown for much of this year. I think there is a pretty big upside to UND football right now.

I am about 95% certain I will be at this game again this year; the only thing that could stop me would be a big powder dump in the mountains. UND needs to be ready because UNC will come out and play. Like someone said above, they were winless last year and gave us quite the scare. Should be a good game!

Good thing is that UND found out how good a winless UNC team was last year and know that they've improved so there should be no underestimating by UNDs team.

That was a fun game. I never thought I'd see a 50+ yd field goal win a game for North Dakota in my lifetime!

I do not know if I will get the chance, but as right now I think I am going to be at the game. It will be the first of two games in Greely (basketball) I will see in order to get some practice in for the football season next year in Grand Forks. Last year I continuesly cheered for the sioux but this year I am a little unsure what to yell as the sioux are no more. Do people at und still yell go Sioux alot? I lost my voice,last year mid way through the third quarture, but siting beside the sioux section was great.

I do not know if I will get the chance, but as right now I think I am going to be at the game. It will be the first of two games in Greely (basketball) I will see in order to get some practice in for the football season next year in Grand Forks. Last year I continuesly cheered for the sioux but this year I am a little unsure what to yell as the sioux are no more. Do people at und still yell go Sioux alot? I lost my voice,last year mid way through the third quarture, but siting beside the sioux section was great.

To the fans and certain players/coaches we're still the Sioux

This didn't really work against Sioux Falls (just barely eked out the win in the 2nd game), but I feel we're a much better team now....

I was at that game. That was awesome.

So you were one of the 200 people who stayed (along with the band) after halftime?

That place cleared out at the half, which makes the comeback all that much sweeter. Aside from the 01 Championship game, that game is my best football memory. Well, the UC Davis game in 01 is up there, too.

So you were one of the 200 people who stayed (along with the band) after halftime?

That place cleared out at the half, which makes the comeback all that much sweeter. Aside from the 01 Championship game, that game is my best football memory. Well, the UC Davis game in 01 is up there, too.

Count me as one of the 200 as well. :)

I personally would add the 4th quarter comeback against GVSU in the Alerus to your list of football highlights. The UC Davis game was amazing. The student section was absolutely ruthless in their taunting of their QB all game long.

This one was the ultimate in last second field goals to win a game:

http://www.undsports...Saint Cloud.pdf

I was there too.

Here's the wikipedia description: "As time ran out the Sioux had one chance as kicker Jeff Glas attempted a fifty-two yard field goal. The kick was the ugliest kick in history, but still went through giving the Sioux the improbable win."

I'll be there tailgating with friends and family...I'm excited to watch my cousin's final NCAA game!

Also, UND is undefeated when I'm in attendance (1-0).

Where were you the other 9 games UND has played. :lol: Your cousin is a great player and will be missed.

I have been to Nottingham Stadium. If its still nat grass as it was when I was there in "98 then there are some parallels to be drawn with the conditions UND face a coupkle weeks ago in Bozeman. I'm not sure that UND should even be considwered the favorite in this one

Northern Colorado is playing well...but...

I was looking at their schedule. They were fortunate enough to play the bottom teams in the Big Sky. North Dakota, not so much. Northern Colorado will be the lowest team in the conference standings that they get to meet in a conference game. Portland State was a non conference game.

North Dakota did not get to play Idaho State, Weber State or Portland State (in a conference game..) So, IMHO, Northern Colorado's conference record is deceptive. Not to say that UND will roll over the Bears. Also, you have to play who you have to play, so maybe that isn't as big of a factor as I make it out to be.