SiouxSports.com Forum

Montana St Game........ Thats Montana St not NDSU

geaux_sioux

I bought in for like a week, again, and got burned, again. Maybe sometime next year I'll get to not be bitter for a week or two again. ;)

Got it. But, you know, it will be relatively rare for any UND team, regardless of sport, to run the table or suffer only one or two losses in a competitive conference like the Big Sky. Same goes for the new NCHA in hockey. Unfortunately, losses are going to be part of the bargain in tough conferences, especially for a first-year team. Eventually, it will happen that UND makes a spotless or nearly spotless run to the playoffs, but I sure as heck never thought it would be this year. I don't know where your expectations were at this year that you would have gotten burned (if we're talking football) because UND has not lost to anyone that it absolutely should have beat. (SDSU, Cal Poly, No. Ariz. and EWU).

I've changed my tune.

I fully expect North Dakota to win this game.

Sutton and Miller will both have big days running the ball. The Cats are going to over-prepare for Hanson and the passing game, while overlooking what will be the most formidable, yet unassuming, run game they've faced to date.

MSU is soft; the stereotypical Big Sky team.

Montana St. fades toward the end of the season..................North Dakota excels in hostile environments.........................

This is going to play out like the Sac St. game.............................

I've changed my tune.

Sutton and Miller will both have big days running the ball. The Cats are going to over-prepare for Hanson and the passing game, while overlooking what will be the most formidable, yet unassuming, run game they've faced to date.

Montana St. fades toward the end of the season..................North Dakota excels in hostile environments.........................

Oh dear. Confidence! I reserve the right to quote this post if UND gets shelled. I don't think it will be as bad as the EWU game but I expect UND to lose by 10-21 points.

I've changed my tune.

Not sure what to make of all of this???

Expect to win? Most formidable run game to date? The 'Cats are soft? Excel in hostile enviroments? Not sure I'm with you on any of this.

But one thing I do know...MSU is not Sac. St.

UND will have to play it's best game by far this year to have any chance late in the game IMO.

I haven't watched any MSU games this season, but based on the final scores of many of their games it appears the cats tend to play to the level of their opponents (UNC game excluded). I predict this game will be close early in the 4th quarter. What happens from there depends on which UND team shows up on Saturday.

Edit: Also, MSU gave up 41 points against a mediocre at best Cal Davis team. Unfortunately, UND will need to score at least 45 to win this one with how terrible our defense is.

I haven't watched any MSU games this season, but based on the final scores of many of their games it appears the cats tend to play to the level of their opponents (UNC game excluded). I predict this game will be close early in the 4th quarter. What happens from there depends on which UND team shows up on Saturday.

Edit: Also, MSU gave up 41 points against a mediocre at best Cal Davis team. Unfortunately, UND will need to score at least 45 to win this one with how terrible our defense is.

That is just a lot to ask from any offense every single time out. The skill is there to put up those numbers every game, but it is really tough to do.

The Griz punted 9 times last Saturday. IF UND can get 4 stops a half defensively, they might have a shot. I have said this before, but with the storied defenses we have had in the past this program should never lose a game if we score 35+...even with this awful D.

Someone answer me this...UND seems to have a base defense of 2 deep safeties, but yet their corners play off at a minimun of a 7 yard cushion. Why??? IF the safeties have over the top help, shouldn't UND be tighter on the line of scrimmage? Have never seen any team play sooooo soft at the corners when also in a 2 deep safety look.

Someone answer me this...UND seems to have a base defense of 2 deep safeties, but yet their corners play off at a minimun of a 7 yard cushion. Why??? IF the safeties have over the top help, shouldn't UND be tighter on the line of scrimmage? Have never seen any team play sooooo soft at the corners when also in a 2 deep safety look.

This bothers me a lot too. It's rare/unheard of to see UND corners attempting to jam receivers at the line to disrupt timing.

Hanson threw for 660 against Montana, I say Muss should tell Hanson lets see 700 yars and 7 TD's. :lol: Seriously this could be a close one, Zeb Miller has been very quiet (due to all the TD's). It could come down to his leg at the end. I hope UND wins but I don't think they will...MSU 35 UND 27.

Im going out on a limb here. I think that Hanson has another great day, and Sutton/Miller combo actually get a good rush going. Defense plays halfway respectable getting 3 more sacks on the QB and Ivery continues to play well in the secondary. We get a late 4th touchdown and UND gets its signature FCS win. The win sends more buzz around the Big Sky, upsets all the Bobcat fans, but begins the grumbling for us as we start saying what could have been if we didn't play Mines or had actually beaten NAU,Cal Poly or SDSU.

UND 34

Mont St 27

We will win this game because I have a feeling the guys are pissed about not being able to make the playoffs. I would not be surprised to win out and regret losing one of those close games.

42-35 UND

They need to walk in with chips on their shoulders. Plus the pressure is not on them, but the Bobats.

So there's a big game tomorrow, a real big game. UND is coming off of a half impressive win over teh Griz and the offense looks pretty formidable especially without 3 TOs. They'll probably try their best to sit back in zone coverage and defend the pass. This will allow Sutton Miller and Garmin to have nice games and the hogs love run blocking in the cold weather. Hanson will throw for around 350 yards and 3 TDs while the run game goes for 200+ yards and 2 scores and runs the clock and the life out of teh Catz. Their QB has tiny carne hands and won't be able to throw anything other than ints in the cold. He will throw 3 of them on the day along with 2 TDs. They will run the ball well but the D will toughen up in the cold and learn how to tackle again. We're gonna fly in from Grand Forks.... Over to Bozeman..... we're gonna get some rest... we've gonna eat some food.... watch some movies.... get some more sleep.... eat some more food.... warm up for the game... and we're gonna pound the life out of the cats and their fans will go home with their tails between their legs and we're gonna win the damn game 41 - 34 and win the rest of the games and not make the playoffs..............

• Upvote 1