SiouxSports.com Forum

Montana game

geaux_sioux

Yup.....you are right. It looks like a lot of the MWC games got moved from The Mountain (which a Fox deal as well) to Root. Mybe they will televise more Big Sky stuff and MWC stuff with the NHL season in the toilet.

Forgot about the MTN folding.

What's with this signature win thing? It was a win to stop our 3 game losing streak thats it, its not a playoff win its not a conference title win we aren't getting in the playoffs or winning the BSC anyways. Last nights win was called a good win. Not a signature win.

In a way it's kind of signature for recruiting and reputation because of the weight that Montana brand has to it. It's nice to be able to go into a recruits home and say that we beat Montana.

On the other hand a true 'signature win' would be something that turns a program around like beating a #1 ranked team or a first playoff win or beating a good FBS team. This win is awesome and all but not quite what we want for our signature....

In a way it's kind of signature for recruiting and reputation because of the weight that Montana brand has to it. It's nice to be able to go into a recruits home and say that we beat Montana.

On the other hand a true 'signature win' would be something that turns a program around like beating a #1 ranked team or a first playoff win or beating a good FBS team. This win is awesome and all but not quite what we want for our signature....

Beating Montana may be a "signature win" for a few BSC schools this year.

With our inability to sustain a running game this season to date I sure hope the weather especially the wind isn't a major factor in Bozeman next Saturday.

Forecast as of now hi of 38 with some sun.

With the way our defense has played on the road I'm hoping for monsoon like conditions. :p

Hey, if they beat Montana State they're the state champs.

• Upvote 1

Do know everyone in my section was screaming play to win and not to lose in the second half.

Am I the only one that grows tired of these types of comments?

What's with this signature win thing? It was a win to stop our 3 game losing streak thats it, its not a playoff win its not a conference title win we aren't getting in the playoffs or winning the BSC anyways. Last nights win was called a good win. Not a signature win.

Any win is a good win, and the players displayed some testicular fortitude against some adverse circumstances yesterday, so kudos to them for rising to the occasion.

On the other hand, also need to recognize that we barely snuck by an average at best FCS team. Learn from the good and bad of yesterday's game and build on that so that North Dakota becomes an above average FCS team.

But most importantly, PLAY TO WIN, you know................. fake punts, go for it on 4th down all the time, trick plays.............those things always work and prove to the fans that you're a winner......................... :crazy:

Oh, and to me anyways, it is kind of a bummer when the opposing fans out-number our students 3 to 1. If not for the big turnout by Griz fans, this could have been the most poorly attended game of the season thus far. I'd like to personally thank all the Griz fans that made the trip and bought tickets. Hope you had a good time despite the outcome, and look forward to seeing you back next season.

• Upvote 1

How in the world did Montana have EWU on the ropes, at EWU, just three weeks ago? Hard to imagine given what we saw from the Griz defense yesterday.

Because they're a very very talented team. Their front seven had some horses and some good looking LBs. Just because our record isn't the greatest either doesn't mean we are an average team. We crushed Sac St and they have a better record than us. Without all of the turmoil and coaching changes they would have a better record and better mental resilience.

Agreed, and the absence of FTA, which we've had for so many years, adds to the problems. I've said this before, but unless midco can swing a deal with satellite TV providers (dish, directv), which I can't imagine happening, lots of us will be back to just one option (web streaming), and hoping it's a better product than now.

The HD Big Sky stream yesterday of the UNA/UCD game was excellent, and very near FTA quality, as was the NBCSports stream of UMD/Notre Dame hockey. I hope UND's is as good, and not some year, but very soon, if not immediately.

Hey quick question, you seem to up on this stuff... I am getting ready for basketball season and know that UND sports and HD Big Sky streaming is going to my primary method for watching the games. I just purchased the Sony - Google TV product, but I was unable to download the UND Sports streaming app because it was not supported. What do you use for streaming? and do you know where I can find apps for both Big Sky TV and UND Sports that support Google TV. I typically use my computer. But, thought that I might be able to get rid of cable and just go with internet TV.

Am I the only one that grows tired of these types of comments?

Little thin skinned aren't you? How should that bother you?

Like posted earlier this win was accomplished by the players...period.

BTW...any guess who was far and away the most vocal about some of the coaching calls and decisions? Go back in this thread and figure it out.

It was a very good win but if you want the duckies, bunnies, rainbows and dewy meadows too boot forget it...there are too many people who actually watch the games and know alittle bout FB.

• Upvote 1

BTW...any guess who was far and away the most vocal about some of the coaching calls and decisions? Go back in this thread and figure it out.

It was a very good win but if you want the duckies, bunnies, rainbows and dewy meadows too boot forget it...there are too many people who actually watch the games and know alittle bout FB.

Don't you mean there are a lot of people who watch the games and "think" they know a little about football. Or better yet tell everyone what experts they are, because when attending a football game, I would agree there is a fair amount of those people at the game. Everybody is an expert.

• Upvote 2

Don't you mean there are a lot of people who watch the games and "think" they know a little about football. Or better yet tell everyone what experts they are, because when attending a football game, I would agree there is a fair amount of those people at the game. Everybody is an expert.

I don't pretend to be an expert on the game like some do. I only have two versions of Madden, so I don't have the resume.

I believe UND had 10 yards rushing at half (over 400 thru air) so in the 6 plays to start the 2nd half we ran the ball 3 or 4 times for 2 or 3 yards...result was 2 straight 3 and outs. Not to mention running Jake between the tackles on 3rd and 3 just after they stuffed the previous run on 2nd down in 2nd half. So yes...everyone's an expert!

And I don't even have 1 Madden.

Hey quick question, you seem to up on this stuff... I am getting ready for basketball season and know that UND sports and HD Big Sky streaming is going to my primary method for watching the games. I just purchased the Sony - Google TV product, but I was unable to download the UND Sports streaming app because it was not supported. What do you use for streaming? and do you know where I can find apps for both Big Sky TV and UND Sports that support Google TV. I typically use my computer. But, thought that I might be able to get rid of cable and just go with internet TV.

I don't use aps for UND sports, just use a wireless connected notebook PC with hdmi out, hooked up to a big screen TV. I do use aps in a samsung bluray player, but none of them are for UND or Big Sky sports.

You could, however, use a notebook and stream from that, and, if you want some TV as well, get a Samsung product (smart TV) or another piece of hardware that uses aps, and pay for hulu plus (7.99/month) for your other TV programs. If you're near enough a city to use an ota antenna and get your local networks, you'll have all the TV you want for very little $. Of course, this won't get you ROOT or any other sports networks.

I believe UND had 10 yards rushing at half (over 400 thru air) so in the 6 plays to start the 2nd half we ran the ball 3 or 4 times for 2 or 3 yards...result was 2 straight 3 and outs. Not to mention running Jake between the tackles on 3rd and 3 just after they stuffed the previous run on 2nd down in 2nd half. So yes...everyone's an expert!

And I don't even have 1 Madden.

I have no idea but it could have been:

1) Starting field position, I thought that they started deep in own territory.

2) Griz made some adjustments at half - sounded like they backed off on the safeties

3) I think both J. Jackson and Townsen were hurt in the first half. I don't think Jackson really came back into the game until late 3rd early 4th.

All of those things could have lead to trying different things to start the second half.. I know later in the 3rd it was dropped passes and penalties that were stopping the offense.

I don't pretend to be an expert on the game like some do. I only have two versions of Madden, so I don't have the resume.

You got me there. I don't have any, well that's not entirely true, the kids have one, but I can't say I really play it. I agree with you on the comments part, honestly the way the season has gone, any win is a good win. I'm enjoying the win, messy at some times, at others very enjoyable. And in the end very satisfying considering the recent results.

I can't believe Jameer Jackson played pretty much the entire game and he looked pretty good despite the bummed ankle. Boy is he going to be/is a stud. Once again I can't wait until we get a new punter because it is ugly watching Cameron trying to boot it and it doesn't help that the opposing teams kicker has an absolute boot. Hopefully Hanson is showing Mollberg and Bartels a thing or two about how to be a good quarterback. On a side note I saw what I would assume to be a recruit at the game today that had to be about 6'9" if not taller. It was ridiculous and how come we haven't heard about any recruits visiting? This weekend had to have been a big weekend for that.

The 6'9" kid was Carson Hogan, an OL from Bemidji.

I concur. Not saying UND is bad(the defense and running game certainly is), but to be considered a real quality team, you got to beat somebody good.

I would love to see how many wins NDSU would have if their schedule looked like this:

NDSU vs Cal Poly

NDSU at EWU

NDSU vs NAU

NDSU vs Montana

NDSU at Montana State

Could NDSU go 5-0 in that stretch? And before you Herd fans yell of course think about who you lost to in your dome.

Crap, here it goes. I'd say NDSU would fair well against that schedule. They are one of the top teams in FCS right now darell. Best part with FCS is every team has a chance t prove exactly how good by making the playoffs. This thread is going to blow up.

I would love to see how many wins NDSU would have if their schedule looked like this:

NDSU vs Cal Poly

NDSU at EWU

NDSU vs NAU

NDSU vs Montana

NDSU at Montana State

Could NDSU go 5-0 in that stretch? And before you Herd fans yell of course think about who you lost to in your dome.

Darrel, if you are going to post stuff like this, please put it in another thread.