SiouxSports.com Forum

Montana game

geaux_sioux

With UND's loss to NAU at home (our second straight loss at home) will attendance suffer with Montana and SUU? I can see a good crowd with UM but if we lose to UM, and then MSU, I can see a very light crowd for Senior Day against SUU. Going 3-6 for the home finaly isn't really a crowd pleaser.

When our 1st BS schedule came out, this was the game I, and probably most UND fans, had circled on the schedule. UNd and UM have not played up to expectations, but this is still the Griz making their 1st trip to the Al. Think it will be a good crowd on Saturday. If UND loses though, the SUU crowd will be small.

When our 1st BS schedule came out, this was the game I, and probably most UND fans, had circled on the schedule. UNd and UM have not played up to expectations, but this is still the Griz making their 1st trip to the Al. Think it will be a good crowd on Saturday. If UND loses though, the SUU crowd will be small.

I agree with this. There will be a good crowd this weekend for what is hopefully an entertaining ball game.

One more thought: Massey's top six includes three Big Sky teams:

#2 Cal-Poly

#5 Eastern Washington

#6 Northern Arizona

Anyone see a theme in those three, as in "UND's last three games"?

Oh and don't forget Mt. State!! I am sure they are top 10 as well. If this year was our initiation into the Big Sky Conference, I definitely feel like UND is Kevin Bacon at the Omega Theta Pi house saying "Thank you sir may I have another!!"

There was a time when we were all a little more accustomed to this kind of schedule. Look back to the 90s and there would be a run of Omaha, St Cloud/Mankato (whichever was good at the time), UNC, and the ac. That was at a time when only 2 teams were likely to make the playoffs due to regionalization.

This game should be the best attended game in years

I've heard Montana is bringing a very large contingent of fans, or at least was planning on it before their season took the same turn ours did. I assume a good amount will still travel. Weather outlook shows another nice fall day which should get people out tailgating beforehand as well.

There was a time when we were all a little more accustomed to this kind of schedule. Look back to the 90s and there would be a run of Omaha, St Cloud/Mankato (whichever was good at the time), UNC, and the ac. That was at a time when only 2 teams were likely to make the playoffs due to regionalization.

Agree...all things being relative the NCC back in the day is the Big Sky of today.

Tale of the tape

Defense? If you can call it that....

UND Griz

33.4 ppg 27.6 ppg

228 rypg 105 rypg

214 pypg 256 pypg

14 sacks 25 sacks

Offense

UND Griz

37 ppg 30.4 ppg

173 rypg 239 rypg

266 pypg 196 pypg

11 TO 18 TO

42% 3rd 38% 3rd

So it's their power run game vs our patty cake run defense and our passing attack vs their sieve like passing defense.....

Tale of the tape

Defense? If you can call it that....

UND Griz

33.4 ppg 27.6 ppg

228 rypg 105 rypg

214 pypg 256 pypg

14 sacks 25 sacks

Offense

UND Griz

37 ppg 30.4 ppg

173 rypg 239 rypg

266 pypg 196 pypg

11 TO 18 TO

42% 3rd 38% 3rd

So it's their power run game vs our patty cake run defense and our passing attack vs their sieve like passing defense.....

so what you're sayin' is it will be another Big Sky track meet. :huh:

With no playoffs for this team and a horrible defense. Can Muss play to win? No punting on fourth and one from the forty. You have to assume it will be a touchback and thus essentially a twenty yard punt!

He is very conservative in his game management generally speaking. He seems to play the "odds" a great majoroity of the time regardless of the situation. I don't see that changing Saturday or the rest of this season. Too many coaches make decisions based on what should be called as to cover their a## instead of playing to win. Anyone hear the NAU coach post game on this philosophy coming out for the 2nd half??? You'll never here Muss say that or go with that mindset. The 3rd and 1 play that was at best a low percentage play on the deep sideline pattern should have dictated that he would go for it on 4th down? That sequence of 2 plays made zero sense...but like it or not that's Muss.

Agree. After that deep throw on third and one I look over and said. Hmm that was an interesting call. They did have a good call on what was I believe the last und scoring drive where they ran it after the TO. And I liked the onside kick call.

Why not pull that jumbo play action pass on 4th and 1 against usd last year out of the old bag? We won that game on that call