SiouxSports.com Forum

College Hockey 2012/13 (non UND Hockey)

AZSIOUX

You could see DU lacking energy yesterday. I think skating 10 F for the second straight weekend took its toll. I just have trouble feeling bad for them...am I insensitive?

The idea that there is more to the story crossed my mind last night as well.

i think it's good for Lord Farqwod and his band of goons.

Careful about DU, though. All it takes is getting into the tournament--from there on only March and April matter.

It's amazing how they can't score. They have put up 1 goal in 4 of last 6 games and a whopping total of 9 goals overall. They host BU after Xmas in a tourney. No easy task

You could see DU lacking energy yesterday. I think skating 10 F for the second straight weekend took its toll. I just have trouble feeling bad for them...am I insensitive?

I agree. There's really no other reason to expect Bemidji to skate circles around them (and that was the case both nights, even during Bemidji's 2 major PKs). No disrespect to Bemidji intended.

My best guess is a combination of things. Start with illness (flu). combine it with potentially less than perfect conditioning. AND something with the chemistry or locker room presence of the top guys.

Other teams have gotten by with fewer forwards (say, 9) and won key games. But they were a tight group that really pulled together. Says something about how rare last years' UND accomplishments are.

My best guess is a combination of things. Start with illness (flu). combine it with potentially less than perfect conditioning. AND something with the chemistry or locker room presence of the top guys. .

Little tidbit from Schlossman: Since rumors broke that he was thinking about going to the WHL, Quentin Shore has zero points in four games and is a minus-7

Which makes UND skating the whole second half of last season shorthanded all the more impressive, especially during the grinding part of the year.

.....a week-and-a-half later he responds.... LOL

I guess I struck a nerve.

If I were to name the #1 college hockey program in the country (un-biasedly) for the past 10 years I would honestly have to say BC, however, I would rank us as #2 simply because of how far we get each year, the talent we produce, fan base, etc. I think your inner troll is coming out.

• Upvote 1

If I were to name the #1 college hockey program in the country (un-biasedly) for the past 10 years I would honestly have to say BC, however, I would rank us as #2 simply because of how far we get each year, the talent we produce, fan base, etc. I think your inner troll is coming out.

I would agree with those rankings.

I agree if you are talking the last 10yrs. However if you are talking all time I would have to go like this.

1. Michigan

2. UND

3. DU

4. BC/Minny/BU

Yup, you'd just add of the titles.

If you're simply adding titles you may as well shift 4 to 5 and insert Wisconsin.

there isn't even an argument.

I just read somewhere that UND players have played more NHL games than any college in the country....

Jonathan Toews, Eddie Belfour, Zach Parise, Drew Stafford, Matt Greene, Matt Frattin, Mike Commodore, etc etc... Stanley Cups, Olympic medals....

Most games won out of all WCHA teams in the last 10 years and a Broadmoor Threepeat. (In the most competitve conference in the country)

Plus, we are the University of North Dakota formerly Fighting Sioux......and we have the best college hockey program in the world.

In the last ten years it's hard to argue that BC isn't #1.

Now that is being realistic fans. How many fans would say that another school has been the top dog for the last 10 years? The idiot rodent fans would claim they are the best, though we and everyone else knows they are not. Comments like these shows what it takes to be the best fans in the land.

Now that is being realistic fans. How many fans would say that another school has been the top dog for the last 10 years? The idiot rodent fans would claim they are the best, though we and everyone else knows they are not. Comments like these shows what it takes to be the best fans in the land.

Wait, now you want to go by the best fans? That changes everything.

Wasn't it an UND fan that started this whole thing off by saying UND was #1?

I don't think you'll get much argument from any fan of any team that knows anything about hockey to dispute BC.