SiouxSports.com Forum

College Hockey 2012/13 (non UND Hockey)

AZSIOUX

Easy. Not all of those Twin Citians (including me) are Gopher fans.

Where are the bouncy-ball fans today? I was chastised after the Indiana game...nice follow-up last night, Goldy. :lol:

The outcome of last night's basketball game was as predictable as UND hockey losing in April. The win over Indiana didn't fool me one bit.

Well I did mean what I said. It's sad leaving the WCHA but one positive is that my school will no longer be associated with the Nebraska Omaha's and Alaska Anchorage's of the world. You can call it arrogant all you want but you're not used to cheering for a Big Ten University like I am.

Your jokes are particularly dry today

Courtesy of Andy Johnson at B5Q, here's the B1G trophy for next year:

Big_Ten_Hockey_Trophy.jpg

http://www.buckys5thquarter.com/wisconsin-badgers-mens-hockey/2013/3/7/4076028/future-big-ten-hockey-conference-trophy-released

*Sorry, that's a liittttlllleeee bigger than I wanted it to be :lol:

It's not that bad of a trophy. Pretty literal even though it does come across as abstract and modern. 6 abstract hockey sticks representing the 6 institutions with the balls to have a hockey team. I assume that the front row is Michigan and Wisconsin followed by Michigan st and Ohio st with Minnesota in the back and obviously Penn St in the back.

Maybe there is room to add more abstract hockey sticks when other school start up a program.

This comment perfectly illustrates the arrogant and condecending attitude of the Big 10 schools (particularly Minnesota) towards schools that are not "big time" in anything besides hockey. And it also tells you how low on the food chain hockey is for the Big 10. Enjoy having hockey as a red-headed step-child in your own conference.

• Upvote 1

Well I did mean what I said. It's sad leaving the WCHA but one positive is that my school will no longer be associated with the Nebraska Omaha's and Alaska Anchorage's of the world. You can call it arrogant all you want but you're not used to cheering for a Big Ten University like I am.

Yeah, that sounds really special...:(

The outcome of last night's basketball game was as predictable as UND hockey losing in April. The win over Indiana didn't fool me one bit.

Just keep wishing your team plays in April......

@&$);@&$(;:@&$;:@&$;/@&$;:@&$;:@&:

Don't cry now, you can't figure out all the real bad sh@t I just said about you!

You just keep proving my point. No wonder you guys don't want to play us anymore. The hockey snobs down there have been waiting for years to tell us to take a hike.

Why do you keep pretending that the Big Ten is a big deal? It's a second-rate, wanna-be conference. And hockey will get the short end of the stick from the Big Ten itself. Be careful what you wish for........

LMFAO.. Your university has sucked at everything Big Ten for years. Not much to really be arrogant proud of there.

• Upvote 1

You just keep proving my point. No wonder you guys don't want to play us anymore. The hockey snobs down there have been waiting for years to tell us to take a hike.

Why do you keep pretending that the Big Ten is a big deal? It's a second-rate, wanna-be conference. And hockey will get the short end of the stick from the Big Ten itself. Be careful what you wish for........

I'm not real excited about the B1G hockey conference or other developments, but are you serious? The academic profile of that conference alone is enough to make your statement a joke (hint: Rutgers and Maryland both have AAU designations), let alone the money that their TV network can command and bring in. They are currently rated 2nd in both MBB and WBB and ended the season as the 4th best football conference. That company, in both academics and athletics, is one that UND can only wish that it could keep.

If you want to make this strictly about hockey, that is one thing. But to declare the whole conference as "second-rate, wanna-be" is just absurd and makes you look petty.

I'm not real excited about the B1G hockey conference or other developments, but are you serious? The academic profile of that conference alone is enough to make your statement a joke (hint: Rutgers and Maryland both have AAU designations), let alone the money that their TV network can command and bring in. They are currently rated 2nd in both MBB and WBB and ended the season as the 4th best football conference. That company, in both academics and athletics, is one that UND can only wish that it could keep.

If you want to make this strictly about hockey, that is one thing. But to declare the whole conference as "second-rate, wanna-be" is just absurd.

Oh really? What happens when one of their football schools plays an SEC school in a bowl game? That's right, they get destroyed. The overall Big Ten record in bowl games is very average most years. They can only wish they were as good as the ACC in basketball and the SEC in football. And I was only talking about the success of their teams on a national level, not their academics or how much money BTN makes. The truth is, the Big Ten has fallen behind other big-time conferences in the south and on the east coast.

If you think they are a big deal, that is your opinion. It's not a fact.

Oh really? What happens when one of their football schools plays an SEC school in a bowl game? That's right, they get destroyed. The overall Big Ten record in bowl games is very average most years. They can only wish they were as good as the ACC in basketball and the SEC in football. And I was only talking about the success of their teams on a national level, not their academics or how much money BTN makes. The truth is, the Big Ten has fallen behind other big-time conferences in the south and on the east coast.

So one conference is better than them in football and one is better than them in basketball and now they are a second rate conference? And to declare their academics as a non-factor in the conference profile is a pretty shallow view, not to mention money, which is what is driving the majority of realignment. I can only hope UND can some day would even be considered for what you declare is a second-rate, wanna-be conference.

To everyone else who looks at the whole picture, the B1G is one of the premier conferences.

So one conference is better than them in football and one is better than them in basketball and now they are a second rate conference? And to declare their academics as a non-factor in the conference profile is a pretty shallow view, not to mention money, which is what is driving the majority of realignment. I can only hope UND can some day would even be considered for what you declare is a second-rate, wanna-be conference.

To everyone else who looks at the whole picture, the B1G is one of the premier conferences.

I am not declaring academics and television money a non-factor, it just wasn't part of the point I was trying to make to Mr. Marriucci. He seems to think that schools that aren't "big time" in every sport are not worthy of being on the mighty U of M's schedule and I took exception to that. Please don't jump to conclusions.

Is the Big Ten second-rate to the Big Sky or the Slummit? Heck no. Is it a notch or two lower than conferences like the SEC and ACC? You say no. I say yes.

I get the football argument and but I really don't believe the basketball argument to be true especially this year and even probably last season the B1G has been the best overall conference in baksetball and IMO is looking like it might stay that way for the next couple of years as well.

• Upvote 1

Yes, they are a premier conference for Child Abuse(Penn State)put on suspension, Booster abuse(Ohio State)last year bowl ineligible, and Academic Abuse(Minn.) vacated final four and numerous records. I would be real proud to be associated with that conference.

When is the last time Minnesota beat NDSU in football? Oh wait, no more embarasment like that, can't play FCS schools, so they are now going to play patsies like mountain west and WAC schools. Premiere Conference they are.

The outcome of last night's basketball game was as predictable as UND hockey losing in April.

That's an amusing comment considering that for the better part of the last five years, Minnesota's 'Pride on Ice' has been known as Minnesota's 'Pride on the Golf Course' long before April has even rolled around...

• Upvote 3