SiouxSports.com Forum

College Hockey 2012/13 (non UND Hockey)

AZSIOUX

Jared Beers (Notre Dame) suspended indefinitely for off-campus bar incident

Allegedly, the female manager of Brothers Bar and Grill told Beers to leave the bar after he tried to take beer from other patrons. Beers reportedly refused to leave, punched the manager in the face and then stepped on her head, face and neck when she fell to the ground and also pulled her ponytail.

This guy sounds like an upstanding young man. You've got to be a special guy to do this to another guy, but to do this to a female? That's just taking it to another level. What year is this kid? I sure hope Notre Dame doesn't give him the chance to "work/earn his way back on the team" after this one.

hope the POS is a flop in the show.

That's a little petty don't you think? Peter Mueller did the same thing to the Gophers years ago but I still want him to have a good career. Maybe it's different since he's from my state but I love seeing American born players do well in the NHL.

He made the decision he thought was best for him not us. Would you really want him on the team if his heart isn't in it.

that's fine, but he never should have committed in the first place if he thought that he might want to play in major juniors. doesn't the old saying go nobody is bigger than the program, well his decision to decommitt hurt this program last year.

that's fine, but he never should have committed in the first place if he thought that he might want to play in major juniors. doesn't the old saying go nobody is bigger than the program, well his decision to decommitt hurt this program last year.

He was never planning on coming, from the chatter I heard. He strung everyone along for 9 months.

Regarding the Gopher fan chiming in calling us petty, Wasn't Peter Mueller an academic issue with the U, or am I thinking of someone else?

EDIT: I googled and I may be thinking of someone else. NBD.

Hope he's very successful. If he wouldn't have been called up this year you could argue that he made a mistake but when you get called up as a 19 year old he obviously has some talent. I don't know why you should be so bitter. Right now he's making a lot of money.

He was never planning on coming, from the chatter I heard. He strung everyone along for 9 months.

Regarding the Gopher fan chiming in calling us petty, Wasn't Peter Mueller an academic issue with the U, or am I thinking of someone else?

I wasn't calling UND fans petty. I was replying to ONE person saying their attitude seemed petty towads Miller. And yes he did leave UND in a bad spot but I think the coaching staff deserves some blame as well for recruiting someone who was by all accounts not ever close to being 100% committed to playing college hockey. Maybe they should have had a better back-up plan?

Mueller aged out of the U-18 team his senior year of high school and since he hadn't graduated from high school he either had to play in the USHL for a year and then go to the U or go Major Junior. He decided major junior was his best route. Not really similar to Miller in that Miller bailed in the late summer without any time to replace him as Mueller left a full year before he was going to play for the U. He wasn't a great student from what I understand but I don't know if there were any academic reasons behind it or not.

I wasn't calling UND fans petty. I was replying to ONE person saying their attitude seemed petty towads Miller. And yes he did leave UND in a bad spot but I think the coaching staff deserves some blame as well for recruiting someone who was by all accounts not ever close to being 100% committed to playing college hockey. Maybe they should have had a better back-up plan?

I didn't read the start of this conversation but I'm guessing they did have a back up plan. And by all accounts, they made it pretty far in the playoffs with a shorthanded team.

OK now....there is no reason this kid should have went to college in the first place. He would have had one foot out the door the whole season. He logged 4:35 on the PP for the Rangers last night in his first game. Yes, it sucks that he backed out and I was pissed last year too. But after the decent season we had and seeing JT going on to have a good amount of success in the pro game...I'm glad we were his first choice IF he was to go to school instead of Canada.

OK now....there is no reason this kid should have went to college in the first place. He would have had one foot out the door the whole season. He logged 4:35 on the PP for the Rangers last night in his first game. Yes, it sucks that he backed out and I was pissed last year too. But after the decent season we had and seeing JT going on to have a good amount of success in the pro game...I'm glad we were his first choice IF he was to go to school instead of Canada.

That's why I am no longer all that upset about Miller or Stefan Matteau, both these kids are already in the pros and wouldn't have been here that long anyways.

• Upvote 1

That's why I am no longer all that upset about Miller or Stefan Matteau, both these kids are already in the pros and wouldn't have been here that long anyways.

Doesn't it seem strange that Matteau made the Devils and didn't make the World Junior team? Guess he fills a valuable role for the Devils, one that probably wouldn't have been warranted in the World Junior setting. With the emphasis on questionable hits, maybe the World Junior coaches were wise not to take a chance on the type of physical nature that Matteau brings.