SiouxSports.com Forum

Week 6 EWU

geaux_sioux

This week is huge for this UND team. On the road at the red turf against a team with a prolific passing attack and bad defense. Seems like we may be looking in the mirror this week. The winner of this game will be the one who has a defense show up.

Everyone knows about EWUs big and talented WRs and their drop down transfer QB (who didn't start the last two weeks)

This week is going to test our secondary in ways we have only had nightmares about. However, they don't run the ball very much which somehow may help us. Their run defense isn't great so hopefully we can run the ball and keep the d fresh and run out the clock.

Simply put if we win this game we give ourselves a chance for the post season, if we lose we need to run the table.

It is a shame hat this game is not on Root Sports. I think it will be one of the best Big Sky games next weekend. A lot better than UM/UNC game that they are showing.

Root will learn this year that the former Great West teams are of quality and worthy of a broadcast. You guys have a great opportunity in front of you with your schedule, don't mess it up (unless we run the table. Then, by all means)

It is a shame hat this game is not on Root Sports. I think it will be one of the best Big Sky games next weekend. A lot better than UM/UNC game that they are showing.

I believe that has something to do with Root guaranteeing that every Big Sky team gets a game. Makes sense from Root's perspective that UNC's game against Montana would be the one that gets broadcast. Hopefully in the future Root will have enough success with the Big Sky that they can broadcast more than just a game every week.

id like to believe the sioux will win but after what i saw against poly, this sioux team is wayyyy too predictable. Our defense gives up too many big plays and I am beginning to question the coaching staff on game plan decisions. We need braden hanson back nowwwww. he is much better at throwing the ball. if you can get the ball to the recievers quickly, you wouldn't need to scramble anyways....

I believe that has something to do with Root guaranteeing that every Big Sky team gets a game. Makes sense from Root's perspective that UNC's game against Montana would be the one that gets broadcast. Hopefully in the future Root will have enough success with the Big Sky that they can broadcast more than just a game every week.

They do double headers but it appears ROOT is a Montana/Montana State network. Both teams were on Saturday, and again next weekend.

EWU has a big receiver that appears undefendable, at least by Montana dbacks. Not sure if he's speedy, but he's really big and caught passes when tightly double covered. Not sure how ND will deal with this guy.

Unfortunately I don't see this one being close. We might give up 400+ thru the air. If we get minimal QB pressure like we have to date it will get ugly. Conservatively my early call is 42-20. If Braden is all that and a bag of chips and is able to play it might be closer. Our D is just flat out poor...doesn't matter if it's vs. run or pass.

Unfortunately I don't see this one being close. We might give up 400+ thru the air. If we get minimal QB pressure like we have to date it will get ugly. Conservatively my early call is 42-20. If Braden is all that and a bag of chips and is able to play it might be closer. Our D is just flat out poor...doesn't matter if it's vs. run or pass.

I was still kind of hoping it was just a couple fluke outings vs. PSU and SDSU, but our defense has shown minimal signs of improvement. This could turn into a tough to watch season if things on the defensive side of the ball don't tighten up soon.

I believe every team except for Cal Poly has a game on Root this season. I also believe every Montana game is being televised. The reason ROOT chose the games it did most likely has to do with fan base/fan appeal. UM and MSU have the largest fan bases in the Big Sky so ROOT is televising the games that will get them the most TV sets.

One thing that works into our benefit here is that I think, under Mussman, UND plays better while on the road. Not really sure why it is, maybe he has more control over the team on the road and is better able to focus them, who knows. It is definitely a must-win for UND to have any shot at the playoffs this year.

I have always wondered what the impact of playing on that red turf is for a visiting team. Obviously after the lack of success at EWU by the Bison, it would not bother me one bit to see UND go in there thump them. It is finally cooling off here out west, but the weekend will still have great football weather.

I believe every team except for Cal Poly has a game on Root this season. I also believe every Montana game is being televised. The reason ROOT chose the games it did most likely has to do with fan base/fan appeal. UM and MSU have the largest fan bases in the Big Sky so ROOT is televising the games that will get them the most TV sets.

Montana has one more game on Max Media which is the ABC affiliates in Montana and that is the game against Southern Utah (on the 13th)

Montana State's Max Media game is ironically against UND

You are correct as to why they chose Montana & Montana State.....but it also has to do with coverage. Some of the teams Root Sports isnt in their market. Root Sports is the RSN for Washington, Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Colorado on cable.

I dont know what will happen in Cheney this weekend.

What I do know is that since beginning of 2010 UND has played 22 FCS or better opponents.

In the games that UND is either even or minus in the turnover category they are 0-13

In the games that UND is positive in the turnover category they are 9-0

If UND takes care of the football, I like their chances. Period.

(that was some quick and dirty research, so could be flawed)

Prior to the start of the season, I figured EWU would win this game easily. That was when I assumed that North Dakota would have a mediocre offense, a good run defense, and horrible pass defense. Through 5 games, basically the opposite of all those assumtions appears to be true. Heading into the year, I thought Cal Poly and Portland St. would be the best possible matchups for us, because they want to run it down the opponent's throat, and that is what UND excelled at defending. Apparently, we cannot stop the run, but we have pretty much scored at will on everyone, save for CP which is the best defense we will probably see all year.

I'm not going to be so bold as to predict a win, but given what I've seen over 5 weeks, and as surprising as it seems, North Dakota will probably fare better in a track meet with the Eagles than they did against the smash-mouth meat-grinder that the Mustangs brought to Grand Forks last weekend...............

I'm not sure but I thought I seen this game as televised on DirectTV channel 239-1

I could be wrong but that's we're I watched Montana st and Montana on Saturday

this weeks games on 239-1 (Audience Network on DIrectv) and Root Sports are Montana at Northern Colorado at 2:30 and Montana St. at UC-Davis at 6:00

The UND game is on SWX in Spokane (digital subchannel from KHQ NBC there)