SiouxSports.com Forum

Week 5 Polls

PhillySioux

He thought Notre Dame dropped down to FCS.. he is working on the story right now about how the Golden Domers are afraid to visit Fargo in the 2 for 1 Gene has sent to South Bend. Of course that story won't be finished until he gets another story out about all the positive things FU students athletes do in the community.

• Upvote 1

On BV they are discussing how brutal the next 5 games will be for UND. They are saying UND has to play 5 very good teams in a row. That statement is a complement to how tough the Big Sky is. I agree that we have our hands full with surviving that schedule too. Go UND.

However, to offset the sting of putting UND in there he puts NSDU, YSU, and ISU 1-2-4 in the country. :silly:

To be fair I have NDSU and Youngstown as 1 and 2 in my poll, with ISU in the top 10 (I think #8) as well. I've been on the Youngstown bandwagon since camp time, and actually have them in the Natty Championship game this year. UND is in my poll for the second time this year (dropped them out from 25 after the SDSU loss). Hoping UND can play well during this next stretch.

To be fair I have NDSU and Youngstown as 1 and 2 in my poll, with ISU in the top 10 (I think #8) as well. I've been on the Youngstown bandwagon since camp time, and actually have them in the Natty Championship game this year. UND is in my poll for the second time this year (dropped them out from 25 after the SDSU loss). Hoping UND can play well during this next stretch.

EXTREMELY HYPOTHETICAL QUESTION. Let's say UND goes undefeated over the next 5. How high would we be ranked?

EXTREMELY HYPOTHETICAL QUESTION. Let's say UND goes undefeated over the next 5. How high would we be ranked?

I would say top 10 easy. Wins over ranked teams in Cal Poly, EW, UM, MSU, and most likely NAU that there should put UND in the rear view mirror of NDSU almost visable but not quite.

http://masseyratings...=2012&sub=11605

Massey has UND at #12 according to his predictor....

http://masseyratings.com/team.php?t=5538&s=181623

We are playoff bound.

Wins over Cal Poly, NAU, UM, SUU, and UNC...losses to EWU but only a 1 point loss at Montana State. This has changed since I believe he had us going 4-7.

How is it possible that North Dakota is not only behind Sac State but they received less than half as many points as Sac State?!

This makes no sense at all.

Am I missing something? I guess this does say it's a "previous poll" but the records look up-to-date.

This is absolutely ridiculous. ???

How is it possible that North Dakota is not only behind Sac State but they received less than half as many points as Sac State?!

This makes no sense at all.

Am I missing something? I guess this does say it's a "previous poll" but the records look up-to-date.

Nevermind. I just checked. The Sports Network poll that's posted above is still from last week only the records have been updated to include this past weekend's games. The new poll is not out yet.

If UND wins all five they will be in the top 5, with placement dependent on how other teams do. All of these are ranked teams (exception might be Montana this week), with a couple 2 or 3 in the top 10.

Home cooking, big home crowd, deafening Alerus Center, false starts, forced time outs, we're underdogs in the polls, defense and running game starting to put it together but still p!$$ed off for not playing up to ability --- this next one against Cal Poly has all the makings, folks!