SiouxSports.com Forum

captains suspended

theisdog

I can't tell if you are being facetious or not.

Of course I am. Every team has parties every year. That alone is not evidence that someone should be punished like bigskyvikes implied. Maybe more will come out about Reilly's injury, maybe something did happen to warrant a supsension but at this point there is zero evidence that anything bad happended.

So a team has a party and that alone is enough evidence to suspend the captians? Makes sense. :silly:

Depends.

Did the coaches set down a "no parties" edict that wasn't followed?

We don't know; we can only speculate with the little that we actually know.

That's why I'm saying wait for the whole ugly story to come around.

Of course I am. Every team has parties every year. That alone is not evidence that someone should be punished like bigskyvikes implied. Maybe more will come out about Reilly's injury, maybe something did happen to warrant a supsension but at this point there is zero evidence that anything bad happended.

Hahaha, please show everyone on here where I said the goof player should be penalized? I hate all this new PC BS, especially on my favorite team the Fighting Sioux! They are kids, let them do many many many years of tradition and get the freshies wasted!!!!

I see Lucia is quoted as saying he is disappointed "for" Conner, not disappointed "in" Connor, so maybe the fall didn't involve alcohol. If it does involve alcohol, then Lucia should be disappointed "in" and "for" him. Hate to learn that lesson the hard way, depending on the circumstances.

The police have been involved since the beginning. This is from the original article written about the incident.

But David Jones, an assistant state’s attorney for Grand Forks County, said UND police reports on their investigation were turned into the prosecutor’s office late Monday afternoon.

“I’m expecting a little more documentation,” Jones said Tuesday in explaining the process. He expects to make a decision about whether to bring charges against anyone later in the week.

Until then, he said he can’t comment on the information in the police reports.

I'm not sure why people keep thinking that the police weren't involved. They investigated and have filled out reports. More details are going to be released on Monday when the charges are officially filed.

Glad that the captains weren't the only ones to be punished in this whole ordeal. The university provided documentation to the police which I believes therefore gives them the right to file MIC charges against these young men.

A college kid getting an MIC....GOODNESS!!!!! :ohmy:

You still have to wonder "what if" in regards to how public this goes without the NDSU incident coming into play.

Glad that the captains weren't the only ones to be punished in this whole ordeal. The university provided documentation to the police which I believes therefore gives them the right to file MIC charges against these young men.

A college kid getting an MIC....GOODNESS!!!!! :ohmy:

You still have to wonder "what if" in regards to how public this goes without the NDSU incident coming into play.

Agree

Boys will be boys...minor in consumption in college...oh the humanity

They might actually have premarital sex too! (Well maybe not Rocco)

• Upvote 1