SiouxSports.com Forum

Eight Bison football players charged

darell1976

I hope Schlos takes note and is now quick to point out all the times things do not get reported at these other schools. Its amazing how quick these schools who no longer care about UND are quick to try and point the finger. Nice response Brad, too bad you had to actually bring facts into the conversation. In college athletics the shoe will at some time be on other foot.

According to those fans, UND isn't relevant and hockey is even less so. How can they demand equal coverage (good or bad) if what they are saying is true?

Apparently, Gopher fans are nearly as distraught over the Herald's reporting as Fargo U fans are. Here is Schlossman's rebuttal:

Gopher Puck Live

I think Schlossman's was talking to some of Bisonville's finest - who were crawling all over this earlier this week. Big thanks to Schlossman for all coverage. Just reading some of Hammy's post - he has a bit of "Puffy" in him...

NDSU sure seems susceptible to sexism and racism charges.

If you are of Hispanic heritage and a female, you get suspended for up to 20% of the season before actually being charged.

If you are black or white and a male on a national championship team, get just a hand slap even after conviction, including a certain player that resisted police arrest.

I hope Schlos takes note and is now quick to point out all the times things do not get reported at these other schools. Its amazing how quick these schools who no longer care about UND are quick to try and point the finger. Nice response Brad, too bad you had to actually bring facts into the conversation. In college athletics the shoe will at some time be on other foot.

Yes but Brad did not do a story until it was broken here first. So his patting himself on the back is not that impressive. Now if he had done a story on it back in early December in lieu late January that would be different. He dropped the puck on this one. Gopher fans should remember when their goalie was charged with a felony and played that same night. I am pretty sure it was Jeff Callinan.

Yes but Brad did not do a story until it was broken here first. So his patting himself on the back is not that impressive. Now if he had done a story on it back in early December in lieu late January that would be different. He dropped the puck on this one. Gopher fans should remember when their goalie was charged with a felony and played that same night. I am pretty sure it was Jeff Callinan.

Atleast he admitted he missed the charges. He had already covered the story itself when it happened. When I heard they were charged I already knew what they were charged for and my first thought was, they were only charged now? If your not typing players names into a public search file everyday your going to miss stuff.

How was he patting himself on the back? He admitted that he thought nothing was going to happen, so he didn't keep looking. As soon as he knew that something had happened, he covered it. I don't know about you, but I know that I don't spend each day checking the ND public courts records on the off chance that there is a charge for a hockey player on there.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/255365/

House Bill 1397, drafted at Jaeger’s request, would make the punishment for falsifying names and information on a petition more harsh, raising the current penalty, a Class A misdemeanor -- punishable with a maximum penalty of one year jail time, a $2,000 fine, or both -- to a Class C felony, which has a max penalty of five years in jail, a $5,000, or both.

“Those are felonies, and here we have it repeated time after time,” Jaeger told the House Political Subdivisions Committee. “It is pretty serious.”

• 2 weeks later...

I hope they let the court system play this out and that no one starts hating on them. No drugs or violence involved here so if they need a place to play I know a team that would take them in a heartbeat.

Violence involved. Or are you incapable of reading?

Looks like you got one CMSioux.

Yah I stopped reading at "charged with second-degree robbery and fraudulent use of a credit card." It depends on where you are on the depth chart if these are offenses that would get you kicked off down south.

• 3 months later...

The gift that keeps on giving.....

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/400600/

Three of the 15 people who pleaded guilty to petition fraud charges in Cass County last fall – all three of them former North Dakota State University football players – failed to complete the community service required by their probation agreements, authorities allege in court records.

A fourth ex-player among the group of defendants – which at the time the charges were filed in September included 10 current Bison football players and three former players – was accused of checking in for his required community service jobs and then ditching out, once when he was supposed to be filling sandbags in Fargo.

The case manager, Red Truedson, reported that staff at the Thrift Store saw Gatlin punch in, take his timesheet and leave, then come back and punch out several hours later without completing any work at the thrift store. According to the Restore affidavit, Gatlin repeated this several times at the thrift store.

In the affidavit, Truedson also accused Gatlin of a “similar incident” when he checked in with staff when he was supposed to be sandbagging for the city of Fargo but didn’t check out.

Just a matter of time before they will begin attacking the messenger, Emily Welker, rather than address the issues. During the Vietnam era these type of low life individuals were given two choices: Jail or Military Service. In retrospect, not a bad plan.

Bison Pride - lots of charactor and integrity on that team - where were the coaches?

I would never defend these guys not following through with their punishment. But you don't seriously expect the coaching staff or even NDSU to take responsibility for the actions of young men who are no longer on the team do you?

I would never defend these guys not following through with their punishment. But you don't seriously expect the coaching staff or even NDSU to take responsibility for the actions of young men who are no longer on the team do you?

We actually provide liaisons for players for about a year after graduation to help our guys mature as adults. It's how we roll.
  • Upvote 3

Just a matter of time before they will begin attacking the messenger, Emily Welker, rather than address the issues. During the Vietnam era these type of low life individuals were given two choices: Jail or Military Service. In retrospect, not a bad plan.

Too late, Lakes is already pulling a fit over the forum for printing the story and Emily for reporting it.

http://bisonation.serverforumhosting.com/f-the-fargo-forum-anti-ndsu-t82.html

Probably drunk when he posted that garbage. I didnt look at it. We shouldn't give that messageboard any traffic.

Sad thing is there are fans that agree with him. Anything for a national title. How about a comment from Gene Taylor on this? After all he was most vocal on not suspending these players at all (after all its not a sex or alcohol crime).

Sad thing is there are fans that agree with him. Anything for a national title. How about a comment from Gene Taylor on this? After all he was most vocal on not suspending these players at all (after all its not a sex or alcohol crime).

Anything for a national title? What do 4 players who are no longer with the program and weren't even on the team at the time of the initial incident have to do with NDSU's ability to win football games?