SiouxSports.com Forum

Eight Bison football players charged

darell1976

All I had to do was to mention the sacred cow of hockey in Grand Forks, the squeaky-clean program of great educational integrity, and here we are. Funny stuff, and absolutely predictable. It's the old 'UND does it right and NDSU is dirty' whine from Grand Forks. Then UND fans get into comparing the cities and other irrelevant topics. I could care less.

Trolling and trying to change the subject because your precious SU football team has yet another black eye. Good stuff. How does Mr. Taylor feel about his boss publicly correcting him and saying that no decisions have been made regarding suspensions for the 10 accused criminals?
  • Upvote 1

Trolling and trying to change the subject because your precious SU football team has yet another black eye. Good stuff. How does Mr. Taylor feel about his boss publicly correcting him and saying that no decisions have been made regarding suspensions for the 10 accused criminals?

In rogue programs, such as with NDSU football, the coach and athletic department run the university. Therefore, who is really the boss here?

8 current players

The whining of UND fans from that poor little town up north. I thought maybe I wouldn't see it here. It's decades old. Yawn

You might want to correct the Forum and Bresciani then. It really seems to be 10 current players and 3 former players. From 3 different Forum articles over the past week or so.

President Dean Bresciani admits there’s still some confusion about the complicated process of punishing students who break the law, even after he issued two statements in two days explaining how North Dakota State University is handling 10 football players accused of petition fraud.

Fifteen people, including 10 current members of the football team and three former NDSU players, were charged late last week for violating North Dakota election law by forging names on petitions that would have put initiated measures on the November ballot to legalize medicinal marijuana and create a conservation fund.

According to the Cass County State’s Attorney’s Office, the individuals charged are:

Lucas Albers, Aireal Boyd, Don Carter, Joshua Colville, Joshua Gatlin, Demitrius Gray, Darren (D.J.) McNorton, Sam Ojuri, Brendin Pierre, Antonio Rodgers, Bryan Shepherd, Charles (C.J.) Smith, Marcus Williams, Jennifer Krahn and William Brown.

Albers, Williams, Pierre, Colville, Ojuri, Boyd, Rodgers, Shepherd, Smith and Gray are all current members of the North Dakota State University Bison football team.

Are you even an SU fan? Just not paying attention or are you just a clueless troll?

Your posts are funny coming from an SU fan on a UND fan forum whining about how mean people are being to the poor football players at SU. And you don't even know how many players have been charged. Thanks for playing.

• Upvote 1

I don't think they will ever get over their inferiority complex that they have. Oh they beat the Gophers in football, their weakest sport. Whereas UND has beaten the Gophers many times in their strongest sport. But then NDSU fans live in a suburb in search of a city to attach itself to.

Inferiority complex? Everyone is entitled to their own opinion I guess. The vibe I have always gotten is that both fanbases are proud of what they have accomplished.

If NDSU fans live in a suburb, what does that make Grand Forks?

I am unaware of any UND Hockey players ineligible to vote in their native country this November.

If an athletic team is built on the backs on canucks, in the US, you are going to get made fun of. Thats how it goes.

In rogue programs, such as with NDSU football, the coach and athletic department run the university. Therefore, who is really the boss here?

Rogue program? Goodness gracious. USC....was a rogue program. SMU...was a rogue program. Auburn and Alabama have also had trouble following rules I believe. NDSU? Just a program that like any team with any success, will have some guys do some dumb things.

We need to start a pool. When will another Bison player get charged with a crime?

]

We'd have to set up a weekly pool at the minimum. I'm guessing the weekend dates would be very popular with those doing the betting!

Oh, the sheer madness. Now, if I had an education at NDSU, I would have written, "Oh, the shear madness!" :lol:

My impression is that whining about Bison football is common coming from a UND fan.

UND hockey is a great program. But be real, it's an athletic mill. Bison football is a bigger mill by shear numbers.

They are the respective flagship programs of the two universities. Both programs recruit questionable students. Get real.

UND Hockey develops players for the NHL and other professional hockey leagues, What league does su football develop players for? Oh I know the penal league (pun intended)

Typical UND deflection. "We run clean programs here." It gets very old.

I know NDSU fans loved that whole Danny Kristo, UND nickname issues. There are thousands of threads all over BVille on it. So when we bring up problems that are major (petition fraud IS major) NDSU fans close their eyes and ears and gets drunk on the green and yellow kool-aid.

• Upvote 1

Inferiority complex? Everyone is entitled to their own opinion I guess. The vibe I have always gotten is that both fanbases are proud of what they have accomplished.

If NDSU fans live in a suburb, what does that make Grand Forks?

If an athletic team is built on the backs on canucks, in the US, you are going to get made fun of. Thats how it goes.

Rogue program? Goodness gracious. USC....was a rogue program. SMU...was a rogue program. Auburn and Alabama have also had trouble following rules I believe. NDSU? Just a program that like any team with any success, will have some guys do some dumb things.

A town with heart and soul.
  • Upvote 2

If Steve Nash and the Gasol brothers were somehow granted NCAA eligibility and they all decided to play MBB at NDSU in the Fabulous BSA we'd never hear the words "Canuck" or "foreign players" from the NDSU fan base ever again. So just let it go.

8 current players

The whining of UND fans from that poor little town up north. I thought maybe I wouldn't see it here. It's decades old. Yawn

So you come on this site, rip on our town, rip on our sports teams, and you expect people not to get upset? This is why you are deemed a troll. Because your only purpose is to come on this site and say stupid things to piss us all off. And then you get all defensive when we respond back to your stupid posts. So unless you actually have something to say that actually relates to the topic being discussed, (I will keep it clean) stop talking!!!

If Steve Nash and the Gasol brothers were somehow granted NCAA eligibility and they all decided to play MBB at NDSU in the Fabulous BSA we'd never hear the words "Canuck" or "foreign players" from the NDSU fan base ever again. So just let it go.

I never understood why NDSU fans don't like Canadians.....they have Canadians on their sports teams.

I never understood why NDSU fans don't like Canadians.....they have Canadians on their sports teams.

I have never understood that either. Same goes for rodent fans. I have said over and over, I don't care where our Sioux hockey players come from as long as they give us a great product on the ice. A hockey player is a hockey player regardless of where he is born.

Yes you would. It is similar to fans making fun of Chelsea FC in London calling them Chelski due to a very Russian influence surrounding there team. Nothing wrong with having a player or two from elsewhere, having half the roster....meh.

Got a couple on random teams. Thank God none of our teams are built on using non-American players.

8 current players

Yet you are still here. What is actually old is trolls such as yourself constantly trying to spin this to fit your delusional views. This has nothing to do with UND. The only reason that people are "whining" here is because tools like you keep coming here and spewing complete nonsense.

Furthermore:

Yesterday, I had a colleague here in Denver who knows nothing about UND or NDSU, but is a CU grad so understands rivalries, read through some of this thread because I wanted a neutral opinion. After about an hour he says: Wow, given the actual charges that are ongoing, either these posters from NDSU are suffering from a massive inferiority complex, or they are simply delusional because they keep bringing up topics not associated with this particular incident. THIS, coming from a neutral party.

• Upvote 1