SiouxSports.com Forum

Eight Bison football players charged

darell1976

So prior incidents should be taken into account for suspensions/dismissals?

How Price's prior suspension was handled was interesting, he sat one game and then played vs Montana in their home opener and then sat again. Not sure what he did. Now he did this...

After Smith returned from his vehicle with a trespass warning, Price began yelling and taunting officers, the report states.

He accused the police of intervening only because he was black and screamed profanities and racial slurs, according to police. Sgt. Geoff Hayes asked whether Price wanted him to call associate athletics director Jay Sutton, to which Price replied with more profanity, the report states.

Police placed Price under arrest because he refused to leave the area peacefully. Upon arriving at the magistrate's office, Price would not exit the patrol car "because no one said 'please,'" the report states.

At the jail, police said Price continued to be rude and disruptive.

"He complained that the jail shoes were bad for his ankles and he was an athlete and he deserved better than that," the report states.

http://www2.wataugad...rrest-id-012330

You can't really compare a situation at one school to another, they are all very different.

How Price's prior suspension was handled was interesting, he sat one game and then played vs Montana in their home opener and then sat again. Not sure what he did. Now he did this...

http://www2.wataugad...rrest-id-012330

You can't really compare a situation at one school to another, they are all very different.

How did the University of Agriculture and Applied Sciences miss out on this guy? He would have been a natural...

I would agree that schools each hold their student athletes to different standards. Hell, even players from different teams from the same school get treated different. For example- a softball player may get suspended right away, 10-11 football players get their day in court or get 3-4 strikes.

I think you underestimate the power of the mission statements of these universities. They wish to excel in athletics, but not at the expense of the mission of the university.

If this keeps up at the University of Agriculture and Applied Sciences, there will be changes in the athletic department. It doesn't matter how many tier II banners get flown in the "dome".

They certainly have power, and are quick to wield it when you want to expand facilities or programs, or build the president a house. In the context of athletics...if the mission statements of these universities intend on wielding their power, the crickets are chirping.

I've no doubt there will be another athlete(s) that gets a minor, or a dui, or a drunk and disorderly, or whatever. But I don't believe for a second that level of offense will affect the administrator's jobs. There's gotta be BIG offense to set off the powder keg like a Reggie Scott rape charge.

I'll put my money on promotions for Bohl, GT, or Bresciani long before they get fired. My advice to you is don't hold your breath waiting for them to get fired.

• Upvote 1

They certainly have power, and are quick to wield it when you want to expand facilities or programs, or build the president a house. In the context of athletics...if the mission statements of these universities intend on wielding their power, the crickets are chirping.

I've no doubt there will be another athlete(s) that gets a minor, or a dui, or a drunk and disorderly, or whatever. But I don't believe for a second that level of offense will affect the administrator's jobs. There's gotta be BIG offense to set off the powder keg like a Reggie Scott rape charge.

I'll put my money on promotions for Bohl, GT, or Bresciani long before they get fired. My advice to you is don't hold your breath waiting for them to get fired.

You might be right.

But, I would put better odds on the big powder keg blowing before they get moved up the ladder. The University of Agriculture and Applied Sciences' athletic department is an explosion waiting to happen.

You might be right.

But, I would put better odds on the big powder keg blowing before they get moved up the ladder. The University of Agriculture and Applied Sciences' athletic department is an explosion waiting to happen.

On that we definitely agree. History shows us that.

We all know. UND had a fan night for football. So did NDSU. More people were at Ndsu's fan night because they are more popular right now and have a larger population to draw from to attend. That simple. If you want to gloat or make fun, then do it. But there really isn't much to discuss. NDSU football is more popular right now. Championships, more fans, more tailgaters....we get it. Either make fun or float and move on. We all know what you are getting at. I am more interested in talking about football than fan fests.

No you don't know what I'm getting at. If seems that some on here (Especially Daaarrrryyyyllll) spend more time bashing NDSU than they do anything else. Why is there nothing on here about how poor the support is for -ND FB but a 140 pages about NDSU players? I guess when things on your side suck so bad the only way to feel better about things is to focus on others problems.

No you don't know what I'm getting at. If seems that some on here (Especially Daaarrrryyyyllll) spend more time bashing NDSU than they do anything else. Why is there nothing on here about how poor the support is for -ND FB but a 140 pages about NDSU players? I guess when things on your side suck so bad the only way to feel better about things is to focus on others problems.

Well if the FU players wouldn't give people so much material to work with...

Why is there a thread with 140 pages about NDSU players on this forum? You must be truly clueless if you can't figure it out. First you have a bunch of NDSU athletes breaking North Dakota laws. NDSU does very little to publicly reprimand these athletes. Then you have a group of NDSU fans that are so eager to protect the name of their beloved school that they will constantly attack anyone that even posts facts about the legal issues. Those fans only goal is to glorify the school and the athletes that they deify. Probably 85 out of the 140 pages are NDSU fans such as yourself. Thanks for your interest in UND Athletics.
  • Upvote 3

No need to defend this thread but I havn't poked the trolls in awhile.

1. The issue never goes away, just when they think it's safe another guy on the team gets in trouble.

2. It's a community thread - group hug for the wayward souls who don't seem to know right from wrong - fighting in alleys wrong, faking signatures wrong, flashing kids wrong, stealing electronic equipment wrong - it's not that difficult.

3. It's right there in the newspaper - it could just as easily be titled community news.

4. It's just so darn fun (and easy) to poke the trolls - they just can't stay away.

5. We understand your need to come here everyday and make sure you make your point about how much better you think FU is than UND. It probably saves you money on therapy.

No.

It's the idea of facing the truth about the University of Agriculture and Applied Sciences football team that hurts. That long list of criminals that have stolen, swung their junk in public, committed fraud, and violent acts of assault and...gotten away with it. The fact that we speak openly and honestly about it just eats at you. The fact is that you probably know there is no "glory" in winning with criminals.

It bothers you.

And if it doesn't, it should.

So, keep blustering away. It just makes me laugh and laugh and laugh and laugh... :lol:

Why don't you go back to BV and ask your buddies why is there so many threads bashing UND?? If your fanbase is over us why continue to bash everything we do?

No.

It's the idea of facing the truth about the University of Agriculture and Applied Sciences football team that hurts. That long list of criminals that have stolen, swung their junk in public, committed fraud, and violent acts of assault and...gotten away with it. The fact that we speak openly and honestly about it just eats at you. The fact is that you probably know there is no "glory" in winning with criminals.

It bothers you.

And if it doesn't, it should.

So, keep blustering away. It just makes me laugh and laugh and laugh and laugh... :lol:

This thread speaks only to the lack of interest in your own program. The men on the NDSU football team are only crimials on this board and in your minds. Signatures for a possible ballot item and a bar fight aren't much . . . and not much different than a group of UND players contributing to underage drinking, or a group involved in steroids and HGH.

If you want to go back the Best Buy thing, yes that was ugly (8 years ago), and the players were all quickly terminated from the program. But, Voter Fraud is when some get elected unlawfully, this was 10 steps below that to detmine if a measure is even put on the ballot. That is a major issue only in your minds here at gFU. I urge you to keep this thread going through another .500 season.

This thread speaks only to the lack of interest in your own program. The men on the NDSU football team are only crimials on this board and in your minds. Signatures for a possible ballot item and a bar fight aren't much . . . and not much different than a group of UND players contributing to underage drinking, or a group involved in steroids and HGH.

If you want to go back the Best Buy thing, yes that was ugly (8 years ago), and the players were all quickly terminated from the program. But, Voter Fraud is when some get elected unlawfully, this was 10 steps below that to detmine if a measure is even put on the ballot. That is a major issue only in your minds here at gFU. I urge you to keep this thread going through another .500 season.

Sorry but 2010 was NOT 8 years ago.

Point 1 - Their record indicates different. They committed offenses that are crimes except on BV and in your mind apparently.

Point 2 - Maybe it is your FU math, but 2010 was only 3 years ago, not 8.

Oh, those crazy crimials!

(Still laughing!)

Point 1 - Their record indicates different. They committed offenses that are crimes except on BV and in your mind apparently.

Point 2 - Maybe it is your FU math, but 2010 was only 3 years ago, not 8.

Are you making fun of the University of Agriculture and Applied Sciences ability to do some "ciphering"?

jethro.jpg

Thanks for coming on here and continue to attempt to water down ndsu players criminal offenses. This attitude has been passed right down from gt and mr clean to your fan base and is quite hilarious as an outsider looking in.

And what was the NDSU football record in their 2nd year after transition? Why do the numbers 3 and 8 come to mind? Thanks for your continued interest in UND Athletics. Have you joined the Champions Club yet?

Let's be honest the real issue is that if you are watching FOX and a former UND football player is being discussed the person talking about them is probably Troy Aikman or Terry Bradshaw, and if a former NDSU football player is being discussed its probably by John Walsh.

• Upvote 1