SiouxSports.com Forum

Eight Bison football players charged

darell1976

I was once told by a high ranking Teammakers officer, "Fargo is a frontrunner town. When you win you don't have enough seats, when you lose you have twice as many as you need."

As for Fargo being a frontrunner town, they are no different than any other city. When you win people show up, when you lose people don't. I remember going to UND hockey games in the early 90's and their was maybe 3,000 people at the games which made the arena half full.

As for Fargo being a frontrunner town, they are no different than any other city. When you win people show up, when you lose people don't. I remember going to UND hockey games in the early 90's and their was maybe 3,000 people at the games which made the arena half full.

I can not disagree.

Now 11,000 show up for a UND exhibition game.

Now 11,000 show up for a UND exhibition game.

11,000 show up now because they are winning. History shows (early 90's) if they have some bad years the fans stay away. Like I said, Grand Forks, Fargo, Mpls, Chicago, Boston, and every other city are fair weather towns. Chicago is a good example. In the middle 2000's the Blackhawks were playing to half empty stadium crowds because they were not a good team but now since the team is winning the place is packed.

11,000 show up now because they are winning. History shows (early 90's) if they have some bad years the fans stay away. Like I said, Grand Forks, Fargo, Mpls, Chicago, Boston, and every other city are fair weather towns. Chicago is a good example. In the middle 2000's the Blackhawks were playing to half empty stadium crowds because they were not a good team but now since the team is winning the place is packed.

If 1/2 of the University of Agriculture and Applied Science's "student" athletes are in jail, will only half the fans show up?

If 1/2 of the University of Agriculture and Applied Science's "student" athletes are in jail, will only half the fans show up?

They don't jail FU football players, because its the only sport that matters.

NDSU 2002 2-8 record

Home attendance (most later season games the attendance was greatly inflated)

Winona St 12,499

Augustana 10,260

North Dakota 19,042 (Won by the good guys!)

Mankato 8451

NoColo 6621 <--- Dead as a doorknob

St Cloud St 6768 <--- Maybe 2000

2002???? Really???? Why don't you look up how many UND football games when added to a sold out UND hockey game still didn't add up to a sold out NDSU football game.

2002? ??? Really? ???Why don't you look up how many UND football games when added to a sold out UND hockey game still didn't add up to a sold out NDSU football game.

HUH??

If you are thinking attendance at the Alerus plus the REA is less than the Fargodome, lets see, 12,000 at the Alerus plus 11,000 at the REA I think that beats 19,000 at the Fargodome. Or 9,000 at the Montana game plus a hockey game at the REA equals more than the Fargodome.

How about total tickets sold per year, all sports. Und vs ndsu

Hockey will give UND an advantage. How many home games per year?

Football - NDSU (Could fill up the Al with our season ticket holders)

Basketball - NDSU (I think we average close to 3,000 a game. Not positive though).

Basketball - NDSU (I think we average close to 3,000 a MONTH. Not positive though).

Fixed your post! I think that is more accurate!! :)

Basketball - NDSU (I think we average close to 3,000 a game. Not positive though).

So more home games per year for und hockey puts und hockey at more tickets sold than ndsu football. More tickets sold at und. With a quarter of fargo's population;)

Why not look at "percent of capacity" of facilities?

Not fair again. Schools with lower capacity facilities are then rewarded. Say UND is getting 2900 per basketball game at the Betty, thats close to 100%. If NDSU is getting(I know we aren't even close to this) 5500 at the BSA, then by that way of thinking, UND wins that debate despite NDSU nearly doubling UND's number of fans present.

By your logic then, city population also shouldn't matter to stadium capacity. The fact that the Fargo area is 2-3 times larger than the Grand Forks area doesn't play a factor at all in attendance. Right...

By your logic then, city population also shouldn't matter to stadium capacity. The fact that the Fargo area is 2-3 times larger than the Grand Forks area doesn't play a factor at all in attendance. Right...

Dortmund 571,403 Borussia Dortmund stadium - 80,000 (2nd most popular soccer team in Germany)

Munich 1.42 million FC Bayern Munich stadium - 71,000 (most popular team in Germany)

City 1/3 the size of Munich has a bigger stadium?!? NO WAY.

Lincoln Nebraska 258,379. Stadium holds 81,000.

Twin Cities, MN Metro of 3,759,978. Stadium holds 50,805. (I am aware Nebraska is a better football school, but I chose two schools that are the only D-I game in their respective states).

If you want, I can keep going...

Dortmund 571,403 Borussia Dortmund stadium - 80,000 (2nd most popular soccer team in Germany)

Munich 1.42 million FC Bayern Munich stadium - 71,000 (most popular team in Germany)

City 1/3 the size of Munich has a bigger stadium?!? NO WAY.

Lincoln Nebraska 258,379. Stadium holds 81,000.

Twin Cities, MN Metro of 3,759,978. Stadium holds 50,805. (I am aware Nebraska is a better football school, but I chose two schools that are the only D-I game in their respective states).

If you want, I can keep going...

Who cares. honestly. You guys pack out the Fargodome. We don't pack out the ALerus. Do you want a gold star for being such great fans?!! We get it. You are a better team with better players and better tailgating and better fans. Happy??!!

Who cares. honestly. You guys pack out the Fargodome. We don't pack out the ALerus. Do you want a gold star for being such great fans?!! We get it. You are a better team with better players and better tailgating and better fans. Happy??!!

No. The inferiority complex won't allow it. Haven't figured that out yet? :)

• Upvote 1