SiouxSports.com Forum

2014 Recruiting

UND Fan

Top priority for 2014 is to try n keep the kids we have. Jackson is a stud and will get a pro look. If anyone thinks having kids at this level isn't a pain then u don't understand the business. I believe Edwards also plans to leave and go juco route to FBS level. Can't afford to lose these guys. Coaches need to be able to mentor these guys and work with them. Carr also risk to leave and I don't see Bartels staying if he doesn't start. If we can keep our present team, then we need to have some luck with his and juco kids who r out there. The ac has lots of scholarship $$ this yr which makes it tougher. Would help if Bohl decides to move to big time.

Bohl was meant to win Bowls.

I think he'll go eventually, but I don't think it will be this year. There really isn't an obvious job right now. He'll get a look at a program eventually as long as he keeps winning, so there really isn't much incentive to go anything other than a big time job. Would Illinois be big enough to get Bohl to pull the trigger? Or rather wait out for maybe Michigan, Penn State, or Nebraska next year? Would Texas or Florida or Kstate look at Bohl if those jobs were to open? Maybe KState, but I don't think Snyder retires after this year..

Top priority for 2014 is to try n keep the kids we have. Jackson is a stud and will get a pro look. If anyone thinks having kids at this level isn't a pain then u don't understand the business. I believe Edwards also plans to leave and go juco route to FBS level. Can't afford to lose these guys. Coaches need to be able to mentor these guys and work with them. Carr also risk to leave and I don't see Bartels staying if he doesn't start. If we can keep our present team, then we need to have some luck with his and juco kids who r out there. The ac has lots of scholarship $$ this yr which makes it tougher. Would help if Bohl decides to move to big time.

I have a bad feeling as well. Jackson is a good example of a marquis player who had a good year the previous year, then struggled this year with our passing game. I hope someone is keeping the rest of the flock calm. i.e. Golliday etc.

Wasn't Jackson suspended and missed a game early in the year? They gave no reason as to why. Maybe he wasn't happy with Muss all year long. I was actually surprised we didn't use him more than we did. He

what I heard about Jackson is he missed a practice in fall camp, just went home I think. it was at the time when Golliday and Hardin were getting all of the pre-season press. who knows what happened? I hope a new coach will be more in-tuned with what/how these kids need to be motivated, and monitored. every kid will have a different need.

New dead period in recruiting this year. Kicks in just about the time we should have a new guy on the ground. I'm interpretting this as no visitation rather than no contact. I think there is another dead period that starts a week before signing day.

Still, this will hurt recruiting for us and yes, I'm still worried this year will be less than stellar. This doesn't give a lot of time for serious recruiting any more.

http://www.sbnation....ing-dead-period

New dead period in recruiting this year. Kicks in just about the time we should have a new guy on the ground. I'm interpretting this as no visitation rather than no contact. I think there is another dead period that starts a week before signing day.

Still, this will hurt recruiting for us and yes, I'm still worried this year will be less than stellar. This doesn't give a lot of time for serious recruiting any more.

http://www.sbnation....ing-dead-period

The bottom line, is that we need a new HC immediately. We can't let the relationships we've established with these recruits go cold. Nor can we risk losing other potential recruits due to no contact AT ALL.

As the SFI guys noted, this is a big weekend for recruits visiting campuses. With the lousy weather in much of the country, we might be getting a break with prospects not being able to travel.

I hope so. This is the first big weekend for officials and we have 0 recruits on campus. Same with next weekend if we don't have a staff.

I think he'll go eventually, but I don't think it will be this year. There really isn't an obvious job right now. He'll get a look at a program eventually as long as he keeps winning, so there really isn't much incentive to go anything other than a big time job. Would Illinois be big enough to get Bohl to pull the trigger? Or rather wait out for maybe Michigan, Penn State, or Nebraska next year? Would Texas or Florida or Kstate look at Bohl if those jobs were to open? Maybe KState, but I don't think Snyder retires after this year..

What about Wyoming?