SiouxSports.com Forum

2014 Recruiting

UND Fan

Hmmm . . . his is saying that it has to be the right fit for both the school and the player. Ya, what a crazy and statement!

So he was saying that NDSU didn't want the four kids that de-committed, correct? Because they got everyone they wanted.

Dakota Starks is still available. He has visited LSU, Southern University and is planning a trip to Indiana. He still lists UND as a place of interest though.

Dakota Starks 2⃣4⃣@Koda_boy 27 mins

Oregon state..illinois state...Southern university. University of indiana. Westpoint... Boise state toledo university. UCLA. North Dakota

Good looking player. WIll be interesting if we stay on his list but, he could play multiple positions.

Dakota Starks is still available. He has visited LSU, Southern University and is planning a trip to Indiana. He still lists UND as a place of interest though.

Dakota Starks 2⃣4⃣@Koda_boy 27 mins

Oregon state..illinois state...Southern university. University of indiana. Westpoint... Boise state toledo university. UCLA. North Dakota

Just a gut feeling not based on anything but I'm not overly interested in the kid.

Just a gut feeling not based on anything but I'm not overly interested in the kid.

Neither is UND. Similar to Fleming, don't believe they ever offered.

What I found interesting is that UND offered Hartley but turned down his teammate Fleming a few weeks ago. Fleming ended up going to Northern Illinois but I cannot verify whether he was a PWO or not. If NIU offered him a full-ride I will be shocked. Anyone who watches their two tapes can tell Hartley is better.

That Morgan Park program is loaded with dudes. From their signing day presser, it looks like they had 10+ guys sign with college programs.

Neither is UND. Similar to Fleming, don't believe they ever offered.

What I found interesting is that UND offered Hartley but turned down his teammate Fleming a few weeks ago. Fleming ended up going to Northern Illinois but I cannot verify whether he was a PWO or not. If NIU offered him a full-ride I will be shocked. Anyone who watches their two tapes can tell Hartley is better.

That Morgan Park program is loaded with dudes. From their signing day presser, it looks like they had 10+ guys sign with college programs.

I think someone said it was a PWO.

So, can somebody not wearing Kelley Green glasses, or Stream Yellow for that matter, objectively evaluate this class?

I don't follow recruiting/high school football closely at all. I've been a member here since 2004, and it seems that every single year everyone feels we killed it on the recruiting trail, including during the Mussman era. Recent results would suggest otherwise.

So, can somebody not wearing Kelley Green glasses, or Stream Yellow for that matter, objectively evaluate this class?

I don't follow recruiting/high school football closely at all. I've been a member here since 2004, and it seems that every single year everyone feels we killed it on the recruiting trail, including during the Mussman era. Recent results would suggest otherwise.

I like this class because of how short on time we were. With that being said there might be two or three guys that can make an impact eary, Simmons, Hannible, and Carter. Walker will contribute but I don't know if he comes in right away and has a huge role. I think that the top side is good but talent wise maybe not the best we have had. I think that we got better young men than football players at this moment in time (Dev Ferguson for one who has some good talent as well). I think that if Bubba can build off of this class location wise (Michigan, Missouri, Illinois) we will be fine. This isn't a throw away class but once he gets a full year of recruiting we will be getting better players. We did get alot of really good athletes but not many true position players.

I believe coach Schweigert said the other day that 3 more prospective 2014 recruits would be on campus this weekend. No names, but I see over on the AC fanatics' recruiting thread that they just offered a Kansas all-state safety who had an earlier offer from SIU but didn't sign. Also, DT Brandon Hines, who UND offered at one point but was reported here to be going to a prep school, now may be looking to sign a college LOI, according to their board.

I believe coach Schweigert said the other day that 3 more prospective 2014 recruits would be on campus this weekend. No names, but I see over on the AC fanatics' recruiting thread that they just offered a Kansas all-state safety who had an earlier offer from SIU but didn't sign. Also, DT Brandon Hines, who UND offered at one point but was reported here to be going to a prep school, now may be looking to sign a college LOI, according to their board.

It was reported earlier in the thread that the new staff was not recruiting Hines. No idea on who else may be on campus this weekend, but I'm guessing they will be bringing them to the hockey and basketball games. Hambone, the bat signal has been put out...

there's been 7 verbal commits since signing day, one of which was Chris Carter who was ooohed and ahhhed about. Just curious as to why all the chatter just all of a sudden stopped.

There have been absolutely zero commits since signing day. Not sure what you're talking about.

there's been 7 verbal commits since signing day, one of which was Chris Carter who was ooohed and ahhhed about. Just curious as to why all the chatter just all of a sudden stopped.

If you are talking about the signing day class, everyone could see it all on UND's site. We all know about them. I have not seen any new commits since last Wednesday, have you?

I'm afraid you're mistaken. Chris Carter signed ON signing day, just like every other commit UND received. UND had 27 commitments (including PWOs) last Wednesday and that hasn't changed since.

Another tidbit, you can't have verbals after signing day unless they're graduating in 2015, because they would send in their LOI and become official commits.

It was reported earlier in the thread that the new staff was not recruiting Hines. No idea on who else may be on campus this weekend, but I'm guessing they will be bringing them to the hockey and basketball games. Hambone, the bat signal has been put out...

The SFI guys might have a little better info on this one - I've been searching but have yet to find anyone.

Are you getting confused because the SFI insider guys have put up 7 profiles of commits since signing day? They weren't able to get the profiles of all the players up before NLI day, especially since there were a lot of very late committments. They are still in catch-up mode from the late rush with information on the new guys.

Edit: Also want to make it very clear that I'm not criticizing the SFI guys at all and hope that by saying they are in catch-up mode it doesn't come across like that. With the turnover, different area of focuses by the new staff and the amount of late committments, there was no way to stay 100% caught up. They do an amazing job and their work is very much appreciated by many here.