SiouxSports.com Forum

2014 Recruiting

UND Fan

The funniest part of the interview is that NDSU didn't want him to take a recruiting visit to UND. You wouldn't think they would be worried about about UND. I think the new coaching staff at UND has got NDSU's attention. UND is never out of the minds of the people in Fargo. They worry a lot about UND even though they say they don't care.

Klieman and his staff are apparently irrational and arrogant.

Bubba and his staff have the work ethic, sincerity, and passion that will eventually allow UND to retake the state of North Dakota in the near future.

Enjoy the repossession campaign over the next 3 to 5 years.

The Ag bizon can't always be on top and they're really gonna end up missing Bohl, IMO.

This is the same BS that we saw last year at this time. Muss is great he's all world, etc ,etc, wait until next year, etc. Now Bubba is all world. Hasn't had a practice or game yet..... Last time I looked SIU was a middle of the road FCS team. Nice to see that the delusional posters are still around.

Klieman and his staff are apparently irrational and arrogant.

Bubba and his staff have the work ethic, sincerity, and passion that will eventually allow UND to retake the state of North Dakota in the near future.

Enjoy the repossession campaign over the next 3 to 5 years.

The Ag bizon can't always be on top and they're really gonna end up missing Bohl, IMO.

The only thing bubba has is a throbbing handprint on his ass from what the Herd did to his defense this season.

The funniest part of the interview is that NDSU didn't want him to take a recruiting visit to UND. You wouldn't think they would be worried about about UND. I think the new coaching staff at UND has got NDSU's attention. UND is never out of the minds of the people in Fargo. They worry a lot about UND even though they say they don't care.

Would you want a committed recruits to take visits to other schools knowing that they're offering more scholarship money?

It's not their scholarship until they accept it! An offer doesn't guarantee anything. You really think that most all schools don't tell a recruits that the scholarship is their's but if they get committments from some other offers in their position that it may not be there? What world do you live in?

You're right, NDSU didn't come off looking like arrogant jerks in the article. Notice the kid didn't complain about the recruiting tactics of any other school?

Go re-read the article Dan.

We want players committed to excellence in the classroom and field, that stay all summer and workout and want a shot at a NC. Lot's of kids don't want to make that kind of commitment at our level. You saw that when Muss was fired when you lost some kids.

What might those classes be?

Shoplifting 101

Fashion design for flashers

Local government at work (and how to avoid the work part)

This is the same BS that we saw last year at this time. Muss is great he's all world, etc ,etc, wait until next year, etc. Now Bubba is all world. Hasn't had a practice or game yet..... Last time I looked SIU was a middle of the road FCS team. Nice to see that the delusional posters are still around.

I got a bite!

I can guarantee you most, including myself, were not proclaiming Mussman as a great coach at this time last year. How could we after he was coming off a 2012 season where he blew the final game at Northern Colorado by failing to know basic football 101.

Nevertheless, if you don't think losing Bohl and your almighty 2013 senior class will hurt you, then well, you are the delusional one. The question is whether or not Klieman can reload your "untouchable program". Obviously the easy reply is let's wait and see, but I prefer to utilize realistic likelihoods and conclude that your team has no where else to go but down. You've lost your leaders and the team will become complacent. Hope you can handle losing cause you will experience it this season ag school nation.

Lastly, in defense of Coach Schweigert and North Dakota's Flagship University, North Dakota is a much better place for FCS schools than Southern Illinois. The states of Minnesota and Wisconsin, both having only one DI university, produce excessive talent each and every year that can be best utilized by the FCS schools of the region (UND, NDSU, SDSU, USD, UNI, etc). Five years ago, Bohl unbelievably capitalized on Minnesota's talent while Mussman & company were snoozing. Its also the reason UNI and SDSU have been good (UNI much longer than SDSU of course); its because they emphasize Minnesota, Wisconsin, and other midwest states with excessive DI talent that gets overlooked. By putting up a fight with NDSU this past recruiting season, and also with only a month to do that, Bubba has convinced me early on that he is capable of pulling in that area talent competitively with NDSU, UNI, and SDSU. That will turn UND around quite quickly - just watch.

• Upvote 3

I got a bite!

I can guarantee you most, including myself, were not proclaiming Mussman as a great coach at this time last year. How could we after he was coming off a 2012 season where he blew the final game at Northern Colorado by failing to know basic football 101.

Nevertheless, if you don't think losing Bohl and your almighty 2013 senior class will hurt you, then well, you are the delusional one. The question is whether or Klieman can reload your "untouchable program". Obviously the easy reply is let's wait and see, but I prefer to utilize realistic likelihoods and that is your team has no where else to go but down. You've lost your leaders and the team will become complacent. Hope you can handle losing cause you will experience it this season ag school nation.

That's your opinion fine. Sounds more like a wish as I doubt you know what underclassmen we have coming up.

That's your opinion fine. Sounds more like a wish as I doubt you know what underclassmen we have coming up.

Of course it would sound like a "wish" to you.

Kind of like how you "wish" your ag school football program wasn't recently denounced due to their arrogance and brash recruiting behavior.

Your jealously is duty noted!

Duty!!!

Obviously, you don't have the same commitment to excellence in the classroom that every single one of your FB players have!!

"We want players committed to excellence in the classroom and field, that stay all summer and workout and want a shot at a NC. Lot's of kids don't want to make that kind of commitment at our level. You saw that when Muss was fired when you lost some kids."

The only thing bubba has is a throbbing handprint on his ass from what the Herd did to his defense this season.

You're either too young or do not have a good long-term memory, or both. Bubba's defenses down at SIU definitely had their moments with the almighty bizon of ag school nation.

Add in the better connections he has at UND for recruiting and you'll see a recipe for success. Bubba is the kind of coach whose passion and respect for UND will allow the football program to reach its absolute full potential - something that Mussman didn't even scratch the surface of while he was HC.

You're either too young or do not have a good long-term memory, or both. Bubba's defenses down at SIU definitely had their moments with the almighty bizon of ag school nation.

Add in the better connections he has at UND for recruiting and you'll see a recipe for success. Bubba is the kind of coach whose passion and respect for UND will allow the football program to reach its absolute full potential - something that Mussman didn't even scratch the surface of while he was HC.

Tons easier to recruit at SIU than in ND (have new stadium too). The amount of DI athletes within 250 miles is better by far. Ask any SIU fan about Lennon's time at SIU and you won't like what you hear.

Tons easier to recruit at SIU than in ND (have new stadium too). The amount of DI athletes within 250 miles is better by far. Ask any SIU fan about Lennon's time at SIU and you won't like what you hear.

That's entirely speculative. In my opinion, there may be more DI athletes in Southern Illinois/Missouri area, but there's also way more DI competition in that area. The long-term DI success of UNI indicates to me that Minnesota/Wisconsin is an FCS hot zone for recruiting. Of course, throwing in Michigan and Illinois is quite important as well.