SiouxSports.com Forum

2014 Recruiting

UND Fan

In the limited amount of time, this staff really has made some noise in recruiting. I love the fact that once these kids get on campus for their visits, they are committing. Out of all the known visits the past 2 weeks, most of the kids have committed during or right after.

when was the last time a NDSU guy pretended to be a UND fan and started badmouthing UND recruits on siouxsports like they allege chigins did?

also you can skip the "you're an NDSU troll' crap. I disagree with the majority of the fan/alumni base on many of the decisions (both in athletics and academics) the school has made over the last several years, and I don't give a damn about the 'rivalry'. Get over it.

I don't think he was talking about you. Or was he?

Anyway back on topic. Welcome Chris.

when was the last time a NDSU guy pretended to be a UND fan and started badmouthing UND recruits on siouxsports like they allege chigins did?

also you can skip the "you're an NDSU troll' crap. I disagree with the majority of the fan/alumni base on many of the decisions (both in athletics and academics) the school has made over the last several years, and I don't give a damn about the 'rivalry'. Get over it.

The latest poser on here was fgosioux. usually about 4-5 a year that hop on and somehow end up talking about NDSU.

Who give a sh*t what you think about the rivalry, did anyone ask or was it ever brought up? No idea what you are talking about.

• Upvote 2

back on topic this carter guy looks to have pretty good skills, but I'm not sure if I got the best feel for his overall athleticism from the tape. Anyone know if they are looking at him to play right away?

when the defensive head coach sat in mothers living room he said he had a great chance of playing right away and to say you can't see his athleticism is crazy ill buy you Some glasses !!
  • Upvote 1

when the defensive head coach sat in mothers living room he said he had a great chance of playing right away and to say you can't see his athleticism is crazy ill buy you Some glasses !!

Concur with this. There is playing time available in the secondary and if someone can contribute immediately, they will be given that chance without a doubt.

Looks like juco running back Cedric Simmons is visiting UND this weekend: http://recruiting.sc...c=1&nid=7268971

http://www.hudl.com/...lights/63313387

supposedly he runs a 4.41 40....that's fast if true.

Really hope this recruiting class includes two running backs. Of course, right now we have 0 RB recruits. Between Cedric Simmons, Josh Parks, and all the others that have been mentioned in the past week or so, I'm hopeful we'll still end up with two.

Looks like he was originally committed to San Jose state out of high school. Currently has an offer from Georgia state

I want this kid. 6' 1" 215 that runs a 4.41?? thats pretty fast and he looks pretty dang strong. not the spectacular highlights you usually see with RB's but possibly its because its not a HS tape. I like the things i saw

I want this kid. 6' 1" 215 that runs a 4.41?? thats pretty fast and he looks pretty dang strong. not the spectacular highlights you usually see with RB's but possibly its because its not a HS tape. I like the things i saw

Does anyone know if PJ Sparks is still on the team, if so I could see him having a massive year!

http://www.hudl.com/...lights/63313387

supposedly he runs a 4.41 40....that's fast if true.

Really hope this recruiting class includes two running backs. Of course, right now we have 0 RB recruits. Between Cedric Simmons, Josh Parks, and all the others that have been mentioned in the past week or so, I'm hopeful we'll still end up with two.

Seems to me this weekend has the potential to have a lot of RBs. Parks, Simmons, Walker from MI, maybe Anthony Anderson from EP. Should be another exciting weekend!

Anything UND did last year should not be focused on because, well, that is why Mussman and his staff are gone. The issues from the Mussman era should hopefully be now discontinued under Bubba's leadership. As far as UND's rushing game, that has been an issue the past two seasons. When that is fixed, UND will be a much better team within the Big Sky Conference. UND didn't emphasize running the ball enough the past couple seasons and they attempted to use an 160 lb. running back when they did. Bubba already is on record saying he wants at least two, if not three, capable running backs that can carry the load. That means 190 to 200 lbs. tough between-the-tackle running backs.

Ultimately, whether or not Bubba succeeds in getting UND back to the playoffs will be determined by his recruiting and leadership. We have yet to see his head coaching leadership in action, but I am very impressed thus far with his recruiting ability. We keep recruiting like we have been, and we'll do some good things in the Big Sky Conference.

I hope you are right. I just think its going to be a rude awakening if you don't fall into the trap of recruiting the same. the top 3 teams in the big sky has efficient qb play and very good in there front 7 on defense (run stoppers or pass rushers). In order to make plays, u can scheme it up anyway you want, but players make plays on saturday

I hope you are right. I just think its going to be a rude awakening if you don't fall into the trap of recruiting the same. the top 3 teams in the big sky has efficient qb play and very good in there front 7 on defense (run stoppers or pass rushers). In order to make plays, u can scheme it up anyway you want, but players make plays on saturday

Come again????

Thanks, Dr. Obvious.

• Upvote 1

He's in GF. I saw him at the basketball game on Saturday.

As far as 2014 is concerned, PJ Sparks and Patrick Sharp could put up real respectable numbers. However, moving forward into year 2 and year 3 of the Schweigert era, there's gonna need to be another RB or two. That's why I feel it's important we get one or two 190 lbs+ RBs in this years class. Plus the running game will be the emphasis moving forward, so we should have talented backs in place.

not my intention, just pointing out the facts. true with the 3 fcs championship but they havent played a team from the big sky at anytime during that run. plus they can do a little bit better in midwest recruiting because their conference is in the midwest as to und which is a midwest school in the a west coast conference.

also not to pile on but the big sky had 4 teams make the playoffs and the MVC had 2 I think. Just a different style of football.

NDSU offensive and defensive lines were so dominant that I could have been a successful running back with the gaps they made. I honestly believe that a dominant O and D-line can make up for average skill position play and sub-par line performance can take away from dominant skill positions. We need more Chris Kupers is what we need!

Maybe Chris Carter can bring their Left Tackle with them, can't be bad if it was the #11 team in the nation

• Upvote 1