SiouxSports.com Forum

2014 Recruiting

UND Fan

I have a good feeling about Ezra. I have to imagine that it's down to UND and NDSU while UNI is just thrown in there. Could be wrong but that's how I feel. The fact that he is reconsidering after visiting our campus seems like a good sign to me.

You may be right. Hearing the NDSU offer is a partial and the UND is a full ride.

While getting both Ezra and Carter would be more awesome than awesome I would be ecstatic with just one of them. Not overly optimistic on Ezra but think we've got a great shot with CC. Hopefully I'm pleasantly surprised tomorrow!

It all depends. Does Ezra want to be apart of the present or the future?

With the recruits coming in, it will be fun to watch Bubba's defense. The turnaround has started. watching Chris Carter highlights, I saw him make some nice plays on a red field. I want to see some of them this fall when we play at EWU. Chris will look good locking down one of their rec's. Look forward to good news today.

who is 'laying the groundwork' here, homer or the other guy? Is there any reason to doubt the 1/2 ride offer? Of course not, but it will feel alot better if siouxsports can pretend it was a full, right?

So you know exactly what each offer is?

You may be right. Hearing the NDSU offer is a partial and the UND is a full ride.

But, shouldn't an NDSU partial trump a UND full-ride?

Usually.

I'm hearing it's now only a PWO to the Ag School while UND is offering a full-ride to Ezra, as well as full-ride scholarships to his yet-to-be-born children. They did cap it at 5 kids though. :whistling:

who is 'laying the groundwork' here, homer or the other guy? Is there any reason to doubt the 1/2 ride offer? Of course not, but it will feel alot better if siouxsports can pretend it was a full, right?

We don't truthfully know what the offer is, especially after the coaches from both teams were supposedly visiting the kid last night. It could be either way, and if he were to pick UND I don't really care what the offers were. How about this:

Is there any reason to doubt the full ride offer? Of course not, but it will feel alot better if bisonville can pretend it was half, right?

See what I did there? It can work both ways :)

The half-ride is probably true although I have heard it is actually 66%, close enough though.

NDSU already had his commitment so UND had to come back with a better offer, especially with a completely new staff that started in January. To me as a UND fan it's worth every penny if we get the kid. They can be cheap, fine with me. If they offered a full UND would not be in it.

The half-ride is probably true although I have heard it is actually 66%, close enough though.

NDSU already had his commitment so UND had to come back with a better offer, especially with a completely new staff that started in January. To me as a UND fan it's worth every penny if we get the kid. They can be cheap, fine with me. If they offered a full UND would not be in it.

This is closer to what I had been hearing/thinking as well.

Dylan Harmston tweeted: Crazy that I won't get a summer with my friends because I leave in June

Players don't usually come in that early unless there's a chance they play as a true freshman right? I believe Kuksa and Reyes came in around that time last year.

I believe it is up to the players. I approve of the extra effort he's putting in!

Looks like Carter will be making his decision tonight......

Dylan Harmston tweeted: Crazy that I won't get a summer with my friends because I leave in June

Players don't usually come in that early unless there's a chance they play as a true freshman right? I believe Kuksa and Reyes came in around that time last year.

Players coming in early only if there was early playing time was the Mussman regime way of thinking. Bubba has placed a higher emphasis on summer/off-season conditioning, based on what I've heard. There's a very good chance such a early workout commitment is more so recommended or required by the coaching staff than it is purely a decision by the player.

How does the housing situation work for guys who get to town early? I feel like the NCAA would not be thrilled if guys were living in campus housing without attending classes. Am I way off here?

To work out with the team they have to be taking classes. Alot of times its a way to take the easy classes (i.e intro to music or alegbra or even golf). I believe though that they have to be full time which is two classes over the summer. With that they can pay to live in the doors or like homer said stay with current players.