SiouxSports.com Forum

2014 Recruiting

UND Fan

I noticed Lakes is texting our commits. Don't know what Lakes said to him but I am assuming it was a disparaging remark, based on DF's response. A new low for Sam.

Develyn Ferguson@dev_ferguson22 Oct

@FireDennyGuy yes i do, but soon to be the best.

Wow. And he's sending tweets to players that NDSU is recruiting promoting NDSU. What a walking NCAA violation.

Someone should see how fast Gene Taylor responds to an e-mail about something like this.

Wow. And he's sending tweets to players that NDSU is recruiting promoting NDSU. What a walking NCAA violation.

Someone should see how fast Gene Taylor responds to an e-mail about something like this.

especially since Lakes represents Bisonation, going on the radio and doing interviews, chatting it up with players being the know. Hello, is this the NCAA, you may want to have a look at what is going on in Fargo, ND. (oh I'm sorry, its that city the 2011 NCAA NC banner was supposed to go to)

Will local and regional lawmen or politicians be under threat?

• Upvote 1

I'm strongly considering sending this to both the NCAA and to Sam Humann's employer. This is a blatant NCAA violation. This type of crap has gone on for too long at the AC.

You may want to hold off on the employer thing--tortious interference with contractual/employment rellationship viable legal claim afterall. Also, what has he done that may be a NCAA violation. Do you even know what he asked the guy?

And, as for the comment that "this has been going on for to long at the AC", facts or it didn't and hasn't happened.

Menard commit hurt a bit?!

• Upvote 1

You may want to hold off on the employer thing--tortious interference with contractual/employment rellationship viable legal claim afterall. Also, what has he done that may be a NCAA violation. Do you even know what he asked the guy?

And, as for the comment that "this has been going on for to long at the AC", facts or it didn't and hasn't happened.

Any contact with a potential recruit regarding the recruiting process is an NCAA violation. Sam has been doing this for years and in multiple sports. The NDSU athletic department hasn't done anything about it because the entire program has little to no regard for NCAA regulations.

Any contact with a potential recruit regarding the recruiting process is an NCAA violation. Sam has been doing this for years and in multiple sports. The NDSU athletic department hasn't done anything about it because the entire program has little to no regard for NCAA regulations.

They don't care about off field violations so why should they care about this. Only way to get Gene Taylor's attention is a nice letter from the NCAA saying "you are now on probation".

Not really. I think you guys are going to see some "shrinkage" when he shows up on campus. Not 6'2".

Would UND have loved to have him, yes. But NDSU has much better commits than him.

Not really. I think you guys are going to see some "shrinkage" when he shows up on campus. Not 6'2".

They don't care about off field violations so why should they care about this. Only way to get Gene Taylor's attention is a nice letter from the NCAA saying "you are now on probation".

It hurts, doesn't it?!?!? I think UND should be focused on their/its own recruiting from what I saw when attending Montana game!!!

• Upvote 1

It hurts, doesn't it?!?!? I think UND should be focused on their/its own recruiting from what I saw when attending Montana game!!!

Like I said, no. There are better players than him that have committed to NDSU and also better players still out there. Can't go strictly by offers. I would be much more amped up about Stick than Menard.

That being said, UND needs to get more commits rolling in. 2-5 season sure isn't helping but hopefully things pick up in the next month.

Actually most schools have a flier they make readily available to alumni that spells out what you can and can't do. You pretty much can't do anything. You can't even walk up to a high school senior in your own home town and say UND is a great school. that's a violation so I think we can assume that Lakes is violating NCAA rules if he is doing any kind of communciations with any high school seniors - DLSioux I would say if you know how to submit it do it - also you gonna be there on the 9th I'm bringing chili.
  • Upvote 1

Like I said, no. There are better players than him that have committed to NDSU and also better players still out there. Can't go strictly by offers. I would be much more amped up about Stick than Menard.

That being said, UND needs to get more commits rolling in. 2-5 season sure isn't helping but hopefully things pick up in the next month.

I'm very pumped about Stick (offense), but also Menard (defense--I could throw in a slam about defense here but I won't). The thing is, I feel pretty good about our current QB's especially Wentz for the next couple of years.

Talking seriously here now, I really thought UND was going to be very competitive in the Big Sky this year. That didn't/hasn't happened, but it can in the future. My position is that UND needs to get back to its old ways of power football,with controlled passing, and controlling the LOS on both sides of the ball. Those things are huge at this level, and something I don't think the major players in the Big Sky can manage. I think UND should go after a coach with this type of philosophy, as it only takes a year or two to get rolling.

I'm very pumped about Stick (offense), but also Menard (defense--I could throw in a slam about defense here but I won't). The thing is, I feel pretty good about our current QB's especially Wentz for the next couple of years.

Talking seriously here now, I really thought UND was going to be very competitive in the Big Sky this year. That didn't/hasn't happened, but it can in the future. My position is that UND needs to get back to its old ways of power football,with controlled passing, and controlling the LOS on both sides of the ball. Those things are huge at this level, and something I don't think the major players in the Big Sky can manage. I think UND should go after a coach with this type of philosophy, as it only takes a year or two to get rolling.

I can definitely agree on that. Hopefully some of the younger guys that those of us on here believe to be super talented (Stockwell, Bell, B. Miller, Adams, Sharp, Cheatom, etc.) can help with that. Still some puzzle pieces to put in that likely aren't here yet, but we'll see what this recruiting class can bring up........

Also, what has he done that may be a NCAA violation. Do you even know what he asked the guy?

Since you're asking, something like this is a blatant violation:

@FireDennyGuy 2 Oct

@ClutchKing_Kid NDSU is amazing, great program , 5 guys in nfl right now...sold out stadium, loud crazy fans & Detroit lakes beaches nearby

I'm sure the above will be deleted soon since he continues to read this board (even though he is the one who yells the loudest about moving on) and has already sent out a tweet claiming he was only trying to clarify which school DF was going to go to. I find that hard to believe considering he deleted that tweet long ago and DF's answer does not seem to answer that question.

Unless the kid is a longtime friend of the family you can't have any conversation with him suggesting a school to play at, it sounds harsh but it is correct, we hashed out that whole discussion a couple years ago after a casual conversation with somebody. It's spooky what the NCAA considers a "representative of the University", it goes way beyond somebody drawing a paycheck, more like anybody who is a booster or supporter in any way. Do I agree with all of it? Not especially. Does it still go on? Of course, but probably out of ignorance for the rules more than anything else.

In this case, if true, there's no doubt he would be in violation, he's more than the average fan and booster, I have a hard time believing he'd be that stupid to contact kids on a traceable media but...you know Lakes.