SiouxSports.com Forum

Buy or Sell

sioux24/7

How about we worry about ourselves and stop bringing them up.

I'm not naive enough to act like they don't exist. If we want to be the best we have to beat the best, and they were the best last year and will be good next year. O and they're a bit of a rival. I think we should drop the holier than thou delusion

How about we worry about ourselves and stop bringing them up.

That's great for the players and coaches to worry about themselves and what they do. But as a fan, you can try as hard as you want to just wory about what your team is doing, but UND and NDSU will always be compared to one another. Just the way it has been and is gonna be.

But That doesn't mean that they have to be brought up all the time. Only when its relevant. So in mid July when we are thinking of random topics to talk about, I think its OK to bring them up.

To answer my question, looking at the fitst half of the season, NDSU has to play @ Colorado St., @ UNI, and they have Youngstown at home again (who beat them last year). Those could be 2 loses...possible 3. We have a couple tough home games against Portland State and Cal Poly. But there is a chance we could be 4-1 after 5 weeks. So of we are 4-1 and NDSU is 3-2 or 2-3, there is a great chance we could be ranked higher. So I will BUY.

OK, enough NDSU talk. They have other sites for that!!

Buy or sell a win in the first meeting with theywhoshallnotbenamedSU

I take back my previous statement...for now. Considering the first meeting will be 2015, I would say it could be a tossup considering our recruits will be better 2-3 years from now and we will have had Molberg start for the past 2 years. As a biased fan, I will say BUY!!

Buy or Sell: UND will be ranked higher the NDSU in the polls at some point in the season this year in football.

Buy or sell a win in the first meeting with theywhoshallnotbenamedSU

Sell buddy.

, NDSU has to play @ Colorado St., @ UNI, and they have Youngstown at home again (who beat them last year). Those could be 2 loses...possible 3. We have a couple tough home games against Portland State and Cal Poly. But there is a chance we could be 4-1 after 5 weeks. So of we are 4-1 and NDSU is 3-2 or 2-3, there is a great chance we could be ranked higher. So I will BUY.

If NDSU is 3-2 and UND is 4-1, ndsu would probably stilll be ranked higher.

Sell buddy.

If NDSU is 3-2 and UND is 4-1, ndsu would probably stilll be ranked higher.

Probably. But there will be a time when UND is ranked higher than NDSU, will have a better record than NDSU, and will beat NDSU. Any Bison fans who doesn't believe any of those things will happen in the future is kidding themselves.

Probably. But there will be a time when UND is ranked higher than NDSU, will have a better record than NDSU, and will beat NDSU. Any Bison fans who doesn't believe any of those things will happen in the future is kidding themselves.

Yep. More than likely, but it is starting to look more and more like the only way they play is in the playoffs. Which means that UND won't be playing in the Alerus against the Herd too often. And with more and more season ticket holders in Fargo, it will not be the same Fargodome that UND used to do very well in.

Yep. More than likely, but it is starting to look more and more like the only way they play is in the playoffs. Which means that UND won't be playing in the Alerus against the Herd too often. And with more and more season ticket holders in Fargo, it will not be the same Fargodome that UND used to do very well in.

Oh..I forgot one......UND will host NDSU in the playoffs at the ALerus Center. Not sure why you don't think that could happen. If we are a ranked team and ranked higher, UND will get the game. No way to outbid us!! Can't wait till that day. Will be sooner than you think!!

Oh..I forgot one......UND will host NDSU in the playoffs at the ALerus Center. Not sure why you don't think that could happen. If we are a ranked team and ranked higher, UND will get the game. No way to outbid us!! Can't wait till that day. Will be sooner than you think!!

UND would have to be ranked #5. If UND was #6, that game would be in the Dome.

I will buy this every year that Gene Taylor is at NDSU. I am sure he is still looking for his pen to sign that contract that Brain Faison sent a couple months ago.

UND would have to be ranked #5. If UND was #6, that game would be in the Dome.

OK then. WHEN we are ranked #5 and NDSU is ranked lower than that, and they match up in the brackets, the game will be at the Alerus. Doesn't really matter if they play in the Fargodome or the Alerus Center. UND is pretty good agains NDSU in both facilities. 6-1 alltime vs NDSU in both stadiums!!

OK then. WHEN we are ranked #5 and NDSU is ranked lower than that, and they match up in the brackets, the game will be at the Alerus. Doesn't really matter if they play in the Fargodome or the Alerus Center. UND is pretty good agains NDSU in both facilities. 6-1 alltime vs NDSU in both stadiums!!

Using history from 10-20 years ago when one program was slumping and one was enjoying large success is a bit skewed. UND also was able to get people to show up back then, and now NDSU has turned the dome into something special

Using history from 10-20 years ago when one program was slumping and one was enjoying large success is a bit skewed. UND also was able to get people to show up back then, and now NDSU has turned the dome into something special

So isn't using history in regards to attendance numbers from the past five years at the Alerus a bit skewed as well? You think that we are never going to average above 7000 ever again? UND at the Alerus was pretty special back in the day when we were competing for playoff contention and a National Championship. That along with better teams will get the Alerus back to being a pretty specail place.

Someone hit on this earlier but I need to re-hash this. Considering you are a bison fan you spend waaaay to much time on this board. Seriously, go do something productive instead of constantly spewing un-confirmed theories. We all do it sometimes but you are just relentless.

Using history from 30 years ago, when one program was slumping and the other was enjoying large success is more than a bit skewed. Yet many people at Bville still base most of their opinion on what happened in the 80's. UND will get plenty of people to show up when the team is good and they have something to play for. History has proven that point in football, basketball and hockey. Don't worry, the chances are pretty good that whenever and wherever UND and NDSU end up playing, it will be a tight and entertaining game.

... and this is based all from one run to a National Championship. It was not something special before the run, in fact it built with each playoff round as the bandwagon jumpers started jumping aboard. Not saying there is anything wrong with that, as I am sure that will be the case if UND starts to do something at this level, but let's face it, with those kind of people, you struggle at all or even win with less excitement and those people can just as easily jump off. One just has to look at Bohl's popularity to know how fast things can change.

I will buy this every year that Gene Taylor is at NDSU. I am sure he is still looking for his pen to sign that contract that Brain Faison sent a couple months ago.

I cannot resist posting anytime there is a reference to the egotist Taylor, Navy pride I guess. His biggest nightmare is UND, period. He can beat UM, SIU, UNI, CMU, KU etc. But, he cannot escape the fact that UND has over time been the thorn in NDSU's side. Avoiding playing in FB, the BIG sport at NDSU, has been his big carrot. Losing to UND would detract from all the success that NDSU has had since moving to D1. If I were he, I would not play UND either, little to gain and everything to lose. But, the Bison fans have moved on, you can just see that on this board!

I cannot resist posting anytime there is a reference to the egotist Taylor, Navy pride I guess. His biggest nightmare is UND, period. He can beat UM, SIU, UNI, CMU, KU etc. But, he cannot escape the fact that UND has over time been the thorn in NDSU's side. Avoiding playing in FB, the BIG sport at NDSU, has been his big carrot. Losing to UND would detract from all the success that NDSU has had since moving to D1. If I were he, I would not play UND either, little to gain and everything to lose. But, the Bison fans have moved on, you can just see that on this board!

Taylor could face his biggest fear...losing to UND in the playoffs. What kind of implications would that have. No revenge game until at least 2015 (unless they meet in the 2013 playoffs), recruiting problems, and of course media attention. Kolpack will have a heart attack.