SiouxSports.com Forum

Buy or Sell

sioux24/7

Someone hit on this earlier but I need to re-hash this. Considering you are a bison fan you spend waaaay to much time on this board. Seriously, go do something productive instead of constantly spewing un-confirmed theories. We all do it sometimes but you are just relentless.

I work on a computer all day. It is not an exciting job. I get paid to bother you guys, go on AGS, and bisonville.

I think he sets a school record with 30

30 touchdowns seems awfully high when I hear some on here talk about the stable of running backs at UND like they are very good. If they are good, and you throw 30 touchdowns...that probably means your defense is awful and you need to come from behind pretty often. I hear a lot of positive thinking about the UND defense though. so with the 30 touchdown type of thinking, you must not be expecting more than probably 15-20 rushing TD's total for the season.

starting to think you might be one of those guys who edits most your players to 99 overal on madden because you think that they are THAT good.

30 touchdowns seems awfully high when I hear some on here talk about the stable of running backs at UND like they are very good. If they are good, and you throw 30 touchdowns...that probably means your defense is awful and you need to come from behind pretty often. I hear a lot of positive thinking about the UND defense though. so with the 30 touchdown type of thinking, you must not be expecting more than probably 15-20 rushing TD's total for the season.

starting to think you might be one of those guys who edits most your players to 99 overal on madden because you think that they are THAT good.

Don't play Madden.

Anyway the WR depth on this team is almost too much of a good thing. We could go 6 wide and still have 2 very good WRs on the sidelines. The way Hansen throws the ball it will be raining touchdowns this year. Also having 240 lbs of Jameer Jackson in the redzone will ensure more fade routs.

Don't play Madden.

Anyway the WR depth on this team is almost too much of a good thing. We could go 6 wide and still have 2 very good WRs on the sidelines. The way Hansen throws the ball it will be raining touchdowns this year. Also having 240 lbs of Jameer Jackson in the redzone will ensure more fade routs.

Are you exaggerating or did he really put on 30 lbs?

He is all of 240. I think he was listed lighter. Word was he came in around 228, a hard 228 at that.

I looked on the website and he is listed at 210, why would they under-report his weight?

If he really is that large, he is going to be a tough matchup for opposing teams. I remember SUU had a guy back in 04-05 named Jerome Eason, I think he was in the 215-220 range. His best attribute was his blocking ability, man I could not get away from that enormous dude all game.

I looked on the website and he is listed at 210, why would they under-report his weight?

If he really is that large, he is going to be a tough matchup for opposing teams. I remember SUU had a guy back in 04-05 named Jerome Eason, I think he was in the 215-220 range. His best attribute was his blocking ability, man I could not get away from that enormous dude all game.

He looked huge at the spring game. He is much heavier than 210. He is going to be tough for any D-back to handle, and may be too fast for most linebackers.

11 games 30 TD's...avg of 2.72 a game If Hansen throws 1 TD in one game and 4 in the next it would average out. If he throws 30 in a year and we have a 1000 yd rusher it means defenses covered one or the other and not our duel threat. I guess we will find out in 50 days what Hansen is made of.

Decent speed?

Ok speed. His feet and rout running have improved ten fold since the first time I saw him practice at UND. He won't run away from anyone but he will get open and then run them over. Our LBs have a tough time getting him to the ground. Pair that with toughness and strong hands and he's a little bit of extra speed away from a monster.

Buy or sell: Braden Hanson throws at least 20 TD's this year.

I think he sets a school record with 30

If he is as good as geaux_sioux says, I can buy 20, but 30 would be a stretch, IMO. Freund holds the school's TD record at 24. And he set it in a year that arguably had the two greatest Sioux receivers of all time playing at the same time in Dressler and Trenbeath.

I know there is alot of potential in North Dakota's receiving corps, but basically there is one proven stud (Hardin), a bunch of high hopes (Jackson, Ivery, McGill, etc) and a newbie transfer QB. 30 TDs is alot to ask of such a group. But I would love to see it happen...........................

On the other hand, if Hanson proves that he can fling it, and the youngsters prove they can catch it, I KNOW that Coach Mussman is gonna want to chuck it around............................

How much do you think 1 year of mentoring from Hanson will help Mollberg, Bartels, and Bradley?

I don't know how much "mentoring" a new transfer that will only be around for one year and is completely unfamiliar with the system can provide to youngsters like Mollberg and Bartels. But I'd think competition between Hanson and Bradley can only make each of them better players in the future......................

I don't know how much "mentoring" a new transfer that will only be around for one year and is completely unfamiliar with the system can provide to youngsters like Mollberg and Bartels. But I'd think competition between Hanson and Bradley can only make each of them better players in the future......................

True, I guess I think he can probably help them out.