SiouxSports.com Forum

Buy or Sell

sioux24/7

Buy or sell: Desmond Howard was a better pro receiver than Jerry Rice because Howard played I-A ball and Rice played I-AA ball

touche.

Buy because Joe Chapman.

FIFY

Haven't heard his name around here in awhile.

Buy or Sell: Kenny Golladay will be the steal people were claiming? I'm not saying this season but when he gets the chance.

Anyone of the three WR recruits could end up being really good, but I'll buy Kenny Golladay turning out to be a good one. Of course, it also comes down to how the QB position plays out.

Buy or Sell: Kenny Golladay will be the steal people were claiming? I'm not saying this season but when he gets the chance.

The way the coaches talked about him it was like they didn't want to talk too loud or else an FBS team would snatch him up. It's funny how our receiving corps went from a bunch of slot guys at every position to now having a wealth of size to compliment guys like Hardin. I think he may end up being that diamond in the rough guy that FBS teams kick themselves for not landing.

geaux_sioux any ideas or guesses on who might get their redshirts pulled? I realize it is really early.

I may have an opinion halfway through fall camp. Depth at most positions isn't an issue so I wouldn't guess many freshman will have a good shot. The only opportunity may be for a DB but still highly doubtful.

I've got one last buy or sell in me.

Buy or Sell: Aarin Smith and/or Javen Butler will play for the Sioux.

Sell; I don't think UND would've signed two JUCO safeties if they had any inclination of Butler playing sometime in the future. Aarin Smith's situation also just makes it unlikely.

I've got one last buy or sell in me.

Buy or Sell: Aarin Smith and/or Javen Butler will play for the Sioux.

Going the optimistic route and saying Buy to both. Javen Butler is supposedly enrolled this summer so there should be a chance there. From what I have read about the Aarin Smith situation, he is at a juco in Cali and is playing this fall. Last fall was a "grey shirt" type of year. The coaches spoke with his parents at the game when UND played Fresno State last fall so there is still contact. I am buying that he will be in a UND uniform come 2013. :love:

Sell- Southern Utah may be tough because Boston U is in town for hockey that weekend. However they did schedule this one early in the day to help accommodate people who want to go to both. Some of my funnest memories in GF were days when football was in the afternoon, followed by a hockey game at night.

Ok....well how about this. Buy or Sell: The game against Montana will be a sellout.

BUY- This game should be great and a lot of alumni should show up for this one. I am thinking this because myself and about 8 buddies are all meeting up that weekend in GF for a reunion of sorts; most coming in from different parts of the country. The football game is our main event, everything else that weekend is secondary.

Ok....well how about this. Buy or Sell: The game against Montana will be a sellout.

Buy. Not only will it be a big draw for our fans, but Montana travels very well. When they came here for men's basketball last season I'd bet there were 50-75 Montana shirts walking around. I imagine they'll bring at least 300 fans for this one.