SiouxSports.com Forum

Football Champs

breakin face

Aren't they voting to allow NDSU to join their conference? Or is it the Big 12 they are joining.

Well, the invitation was sent to NDSU to become the 12th member of the Big 12 (after the defections), but the Big 12 office used the address directory of the NCAA and that invite ended up on Faison's desk.

Faison replied that the NDSU Buffalo were not interested because the FCS is the true D-1 and they, the Buffalo, wished to stay there and not in some division that didn't even have a playoff! Immediately after sending off that letter, Faison and the rest of the staff took pictures with the buffalo D-1 championship banner and giggled like schoolgirls. Then, they prank called Gene Taylor.

Lots of fart jokes were involved in that prank call. They like the fart jokes because Grand Forks is close to Canada, the home of Terrance and Phillip. And our Canadian hockey players like Terrance and Phillip.

• Upvote 1

Well, the invitation was sent to NDSU to become the 12th member of the Big 12 (after the defections), but the Big 12 office used the address directory of the NCAA and that invite ended up on Faison's desk.

Faison replied that the NDSU Buffalo were not interested because the FCS is the true D-1 and they, the Buffalo, wished to stay there and not in some division that didn't even have a playoff! Immediately after sending off that letter, Faison and the rest of the staff took pictures with the buffalo D-1 championship banner and giggled like schoolgirls. Then, they prank called Gene Taylor.

Lots of fart jokes were involved in that prank call. They like the fart jokes because Grand Forks is close to Canada, the home of Terrance and Phillip. And our Canadian hockey players like Terrance and Phillip.

And then UND remembered how much trouble their attendence was in trouble, because DaveK wasn't going to go to anymore games.

Kolpack was back on the airwaves yesterday whining about how UND got votes in that poll last year when they should of gone to NDSU. Hard to believe he has such a hatred for UND. He is very very thin skinned. It is time for the Fargo media to move on about that topic.

Kolpack was back on the airwaves yesterday whining about how UND got votes in that poll last year when they should of gone to NDSU. Hard to believe he has such a hatred for UND. He is very very thin skinned. It is time for the Fargo media to move on about that topic.

I cannot wait until the day UND is ranked higher than NDSU!! It will be Armegedon down in Fargo!!!

Here is all you need to know about Kolpack and his blind homerism. Dee Gray, a receiver from Illinois signs with the Bison this past winter. Kolpack interviews his coach for the Bison Blog and the coach states this: "....Gray’s 40-yard time is somewhere between 4.5 seconds and 4.6. A 200 runner in track, Murphy wasn’t positive but he thought his best time in that event was either 20.6 or 20.8 seconds." So Kolpack goes ahead and prints that to get everybody in a frenzy that they stole this 6'4" receiver who runs a 4.5 forty and 20.8 - 200 meet dash. Didn't even bother to double check his track times on the internet.

So what does he actually run? 23.07 in the 200 meters and 11.65 in the 100 meters (at one track meet in April). If he had ran a 20.8 he probably would have gone to either Alabama for football or LSU for track and been invited to the Olympic Trials.

• Upvote 1

I cannot wait until the day UND is ranked higher than NDSU!! It will be Armegedon down in Fargo!!!

The day UND is ranked again it will bother Kolpack and if UND is ranked ahead of NDSU Kolpack will immediately have a heart attack. You are right about that. When that happens we will have to remind him.

Here is all you need to know about Kolpack and his blind homerism. Dee Gray, a receiver from Illinois signs with the Bison this past winter. Kolpack interviews his coach for the Bison Blog and the coach states this: "....Gray’s 40-yard time is somewhere between 4.5 seconds and 4.6. A 200 runner in track, Murphy wasn’t positive but he thought his best time in that event was either 20.6 or 20.8 seconds." So Kolpack goes ahead and prints that to get everybody in a frenzy that they stole this 6'4" receiver who runs a 4.5 forty and 20.8 - 200 meet dash. Didn't even bother to double check his track times on the internet.

So what does he actually run? 23.07 in the 200 meters and 11.65 in the 100 meters (at one track meet in April). If he had ran a 20.8 he probably would have gone to either Alabama for football or LSU for track and been invited to the Olympic Trials.

Other info from his coach:

• He said the Warriors were primarily a running team and had four games that had running time after halftime. Not the best situation for a receiver piling up stats.
  • Murphy said Akron of the Mid-American Conference was getting ready to offer until the school fired its coach. He said Southern Illinois called two days ago to inquire about Gray making a visit.
  • He said Gray’s 40-yard time is somewhere between 4.5 seconds and 4.6. A 200 runner in track, Murphy wasn’t positive but he thought his best time in that event was either 20.6 or 20.8 seconds.
  • They went 16-5 in Gray’s two years as a starter.
  • He was a team captain.

• He said the Warriors were primarily a running team and had four games that had running time after halftime. Not the best situation for a receiver piling up stats.
  • Murphy said Akron of the Mid-American Conference was getting ready to offer until the school fired its coach. He said Southern Illinois called two days ago to inquire about Gray making a visit.
  • He said Gray’s 40-yard time is somewhere between 4.5 seconds and 4.6. A 200 runner in track, Murphy wasn’t positive but he thought his best time in that event was either 20.6 or 20.8 seconds.
  • He was a team captain.

And UND-1 looked up his actual times and proved his coach to be wrong. This is simply a case of a coach exagerating his player's stats to help him get recruited. Pretty standard procedure, but like UND-1 said, if he actually ran the times his coach stated, he would be playing in the Big Ten.

• He was a team captain.

What is your point? You pasted what I already had, along with other meaningless information.

I used to really enjoy reading Kolpack's work before he went full-blown propanganda minister for ndsu during the last 4-5 years. He is the most crass, brash unprofessional journalist in the upper midwest. He's also pretty cavalier with his language at times on his Twitter account, something I don't typically expect to see from a professional journalist. Here are some of my recent favorite excerpts:

From April 4th, 2012: "If I were UND coach other than hockey, I'd be distributing my resume like the Home Shopping Network. #byebyebigsky"

From April 4th, 2012: "If I were parent of UND athlete other than hockey, I would have some serious concerns/questions."

From March 7th, 2012: So 740 is carrying the Big Sky Conference basketball title game. For some reason, I thought RFM is voice of the Bison and Summit League.”

From September 19th, 2011: "@TerryVandrovec I think you're right. I think the FCS coaches who vote on the poll got UND and NDSU mixed up."

From September 19th, 2011: "I expect it from fb fans, but now I'm getting !@#$ from an SID on a public domain." (He actually posted the "S" word on his account)

From September 21st, 2011: "@TerryVandrovec UND A.D. should consider the same message for his employees." (regarding twitter accounts)

From October 28th, 2011: "Kolpack: Ridiculous FCS coaches poll needs to either shape up or ship out | INFORUM | Fargo, ND http://shar.es/bZ6Ye"

From January 17th, 2012: "NDSU 27, UND 23 at the half." (His 2nd tweet on the UND-NDSU mens bball game. Shockingly, no tweet about the rest of the game that he was physically attending, nor a score update to report after half-time. By the way, UND won that game)

From February 8th, 2012: "Still getting compliments on my Joe Chapman column prior to FCS title game last month."

From February 18th, 2012: "Looks to me like the Star-Trib fumbled in the Vikes stadium story. Anonymous sources r risky, I rarely, rarely use them."

From December 16th, 2011: "Unconfirmed report says Bemidji WR Carey Woods verballed to NDSU."

As of June 13th, the guy was still talking about his theory and the supposed 'mix-up' in the schools in the FCS coaches poll last fall. He's a complete blow-hard, who can't be taken seriously anymore when it comes to the critcal word "objectivity".

All signs point to Kolpack being a fan, booster, mouthpiece and employee for the ndsu athletic department. I guarantee you he owns at least one yellow bison thong.

Right now, Dom Izzo is the only sports media guy I take seriously in Fargo.

• Upvote 3

Kolpack is a clown for sure. To see him "root" against UND so much is a very odd sight to see being he is a media guy. He tweets and reports like the drunk old guy in the tailgating lot talks about a bitter rival.

He tweets like Lakesbison?

The day UND is ranked again it will bother Kolpack and if UND is ranked ahead of NDSU Kolpack will immediately have a heart attack. You are right about that. When that happens we will have to remind him.

Could that happen this season...yes it could. With our schedule pretty much even with NDSU's (minus the first game...SDSoM vs Prairie View) a win for UND vs a loss for NDSU could send UND ahead of NDSU especially if we get past the Montana's, EWU, and maybe an upset FBS win against the Aztecs.

Could that happen this season...yes it could. With our schedule pretty much even with NDSU's (minus the first game...SDSoM vs Prairie View) a win for UND vs a loss for NDSU could send UND ahead of NDSU especially if we get past the Montana's, EWU, and maybe an upset FBS win against the Aztecs.

Are you kidding just a little tiny bit darell? Even if the Griz are down with all their problems and UND does beat them at home, beating any of the other 3 on their turf is going to be a tall order, Montana State is pretty good and it's not easy to win at the Bloody Carpet House, don't know what SDSU is putting on the field this year but they are still a FBS team playing at home so it will be tough.

I would say going 2-2 in these 4 games would be considered very good.

Right now, Dom Izzo is the only sports media guy I take seriously in Fargo.

I would also throw Jack Michaels in as a good Fargo sports guy. I don't say that just because he is the voice of Sioux football. He personally bleeds Bison green and YELLOW (gold is not an NDSU color, FYI), and is a former NDSU athlete. But he seems to have always been a true professional. I listened to his show for years when he was in Bismarck, basically removed from all the Sioux-Bison hoopla, and he was and is always very fair.

Are you kidding just a little tiny bit darell? Even if the Griz are down with all their problems and UND does beat them at home, beating any of the other 3 on their turf is going to be a tall order, Montana State is pretty good and it's not easy to win at the Bloody Carpet House, don't know what SDSU is putting on the field this year but they are still a FBS team playing at home so it will be tough.

Agree. I'm always the optimist and I think North Dakota has a chance to win all of these games, but I'm also a realist. It doesn't matter who the FBS team is, they will always be tough to beat. I like our chances against Montana at home this season, not so much against the Cats on the road. I know EWU has a good track record, but for some reason, they don't really strike fear in my heart...............

Thats my road map to getting ranked at the top. Will it happen you never know, most likely...not. I am a realist thats why I said it could happen just like SDSoM could beat UND, you never know. If I said it will happen thats being outrageous. But if UND gets those key wins, and NDSU falls to Colorado State, UNI, SDSU, hell even USD...they both could be neck and neck in the polls which would make Kolpack's blood pressure go up into the danger category.

Wasn't that said about Sioux Falls? No game is a guarantee.

That game is a guarantee. It's not a garbage UND team this year like the one that Sioux Falls pounded. This years team will be considerably better than last years team and teams won't be able to but 8 and 9 guys in the box and dare us to pass like last year with Sioux Falls.