SiouxSports.com Forum

Spirit Lake vs NCAA

darell1976

The name needs to be changed for the sake of the University. I don't like how other universities are telling UND to get rid of the nickname or we won't schedule you. Don't get me wrong I understand it is their perrogative but it just seems like they are piling on.

I think any university who speaks out now is actually doing UND a favor, the more SDSUs that make their negative stance known before the vote the easier it's going to be to make people understand the ramifications.

The worst thing that could happen is nobody speaks up and the day after the vote 15 schools have press releases saying they won't play us. That would be a killer.

SDSU did us a favor making their position known, as strange as that sounds.

EDIT: Not implying they did us a favor by not playing us, just letting us know where they stand.

I think any university who speaks out now is actually doing UND a favor, the more SDSUs that make their negative stance known before the vote the easier it's going to be to make people understand the ramifications.

The worst thing that could happen is nobody speaks up and the day after the vote 15 schools have press releases saying they won't play us. That would be a killer.

SDSU did us a favor making their position known, as strange as that sounds.

EDIT: Not implying they did us a favor by not playing us, just letting us know where they stand.

I agree - so you're saying that if Gene and Mr. Faison announce a fb game that would be bad?

I have read a number of different site over the past few days and am amazed to read how many people think this is something that UND should just fix and move on. UND has not had control over this issue for years. The president was lambasted for trying to retire it after the settlement deadline passed. UND, the state representatives from GF and I would guess that a majority of people from GF are in favor of retiring the Fighting Sioux name. Yet I continue to read where UND should fix their mess. I am hoping this thing dies next month and we can all* put it in the rear view mirror.

* DaveK and and Fetch excluded.

I've wondered that myself, but Soderstrom appears to have at least a little understanding of how the legal system works. Dave, not so much.

Perhaps. Then again, Soderstrom hasn't bothered to read the decision even though it's linked on the Hurled's website. At the end of the day, he's just another assclown who could care less about the impact of the sanctions on UND.

Perhaps, then again Soderstrom hasn't bothered to read the decision even though it's linked on the Hurled's website. At the end of the day, he's just another assclown who could care less about the impact of the sanctions on UND.

I agree with you about Soderstrom. My point was that Dave doesn't have a clue about the entire process, and can't understand the whole private organization thing. At least Soderstrom has a grasp on how the system works. He doesn't seem like he's very good at being a lawyer and he either doesn't care or doesn't understand the true impact on UND. But he doesn't live in the same fantasy world as Dave.

Until you can understand the whole monopoly thing, stop making a fool of yourself by using the "private organization" argument in defense of your beloved NCAA.

“As a voluntary, private organization, the NCAA was free to implement the policies it saw fit for governing its events, no matter how provident or improvident those policies may have been.”

It appears that Judge Erickson doesn't understand the whole monopoly thing either.

Apparently he does not. He isn't very good at being a judge based on this fiasco.

Every lawyer I've talked to or saw quoted, other than Soderstrom and Chewey, said that the lawsuit was going to fail. And the private organization factor was a major reason. You know diddly squat about the law. Stop making a fool out of yourself. You've become the Lakes of this site.
  • Upvote 1

Ralph Erickson... What a disgrace to the school. Add him to the list of democrats(I'm not 100%, but I would put money on it) with their head shoved so far up their a$$hole that they can't think with logic and morals. Way to cater to the 10% that don't support the nickname a$$hole. And lord help you if I ever have the pleasure of meeting you in a dark alley. I don't care if I get reported or banned from the site, those are my honest thoughts. Goodnight everyone.

Are you threatening a federal judge? Your mom may not let you out of the basement for a whole month ...

The bible? Isn't religion off-limits on this forum? ???

I didn't tell you what to believe or even discuss religion. I told you to check out what was said in a book. You do realize that the Bible is a book, don't you? People of all different faiths, even atheists, have read the Bible. And a lot of them get something out of the book even if they aren't Christian. You have the most bizarre awareness of the world, LakesDave. You try to twist everything to fit in your alternate universe. Is it any wonder why no one ever agrees with your takes on anything?

And sorry I used the same term to tell you that you were acting like a fool. I have stopped reading your complete posts since they don't make any sense to rational people and I didn't notice what you said. How about this, you are an embarrassment to people that support the University of North Dakota and to anyone that has ever supported the Fighting Sioux nickname. Every time you post you make yourself look worse. You might want to think about quitting where you are now.

I didn't tell you what to believe or even discuss religion. I told you to check out what was said in a book. You do realize that the Bible is a book, don't you? People of all different faiths, even atheists, have read the Bible. And a lot of them get something out of the book even if they aren't Christian. You have the most bizarre awareness of the world, LakesDave. You try to twist everything to fit in your alternate universe. Is it any wonder why no one ever agrees with your takes on anything?

And sorry I used the same term to tell you that you were acting like a fool. I have stopped reading your complete posts since they don't make any sense to rational people and I didn't notice what you said. How about this, you are an embarrassment to people that support the University of North Dakota and to anyone that has ever supported the Fighting Sioux nickname. Every time you post you make yourself look worse. You might want to think about quitting where you are now.

:lol: