SiouxSports.com Forum

2012-13 Season

geaux_sioux

Funny but that is not how I remember people here responding to Oshie's, Toew's, Frattin, et al troubles. Unless I am forgetting something. Funny if they had so out in front this should have been talked about by Sept. 2nd which was 9 days ago.

September 2nd was a Sunday of a holiday weekend. I'm guessing that Hakstol knew by September 4th at the latest, maybe earlier, and that penalties were determined well before the announcement went public today.

September 2nd was a Sunday of a holiday weekend. I'm guessing that Hakstol knew by September 4th at the latest, maybe earlier, and that penalties were determined well before the announcement went public today.

What penalties? As if they are not told to call right away if something like this happens so Hak knows before the newspapers do.

What penalties? As if they are not told to call right away if something like this happens so Hak knows before the newspapers do.

The penalties stated in the press release. Parks' discipline will be handled internally and Senkbeil was suspended from all team activites for 14 days.

They may very well have called Hak the night of or the next day. That doesn't mean that he decided on punishments right away, or over a holiday weekend. The public doesn't need to know every detail of how the process worked. They do deserve to know that the coaches are aware of what is happening, and that the coaches are reacting to the situation in an appropriate manner.

The penalties stated in the press release. Parks' discipline will be handled internally and Senkbeil was suspended from all team activites for 14 days.

As I said before. What penalties? Your grounded for 2 weeks? Internally? When you see him not getting on a plane for Alaska then you know he was penalized for his behavoir.

As I said before. What penalties? Your grounded for 2 weeks? Internally? When you see him not getting on a plane for Alaska then you know he was penalized for his behavoir.

Senkbeil has also not been cleared by Hakstol to participate in any hockey games at this point.

Relax people! They received minors, which happens to a large number of college age adults each year. They didn't hurt anyone, completely make fools of themselves, or put the program in a negative light whatsoever! Hak will deal with it internally and let the rest of the players know what is expected from here on out. Let's move on and get ready for a fun RUN AT A NATTY!

I would guess that Hak is a very fair disciplinarian, but he also understands the importance of the image of the program. I'm sure he wanted to fully understand the circumstances before issuing a penalty. He also knows more about these young men's off-ice histories and tendencies. For example, there is a big difference between a guy who parties non-stop vs a guy who blows off some steam on occasion. It was also the first weekend after classes started, and official practices, etc have yet to begin.

A minor during the first weekend of school- not a big deal. To me it doesn't even show a lack of character or responsibility, it just shows bad luck

Half the NHL is 19, that excuse is rapidly dwindling as more and more guys are graduating early to play college. I think Bjugstad did too. However, I think Dillon has 30+ point this year. I do agree with some of you, that I too had high expectation for him. Either way I see him having a great year this year.

Now let's not go overboard with the hyperbole. Only the very elite make the NHL as 19 year olds. Bjugstad and Ness were pimped for graduating early, HOWEVER, that was because they started school late. They both were 18 year old freshmen in the WCHA. Toews and Simpson were both 17 when the puck dropped their freshmen years.

Relax people! They received minors, which happens to a large number of college age adults each year. They didn't hurt anyone, completely make fools of themselves, or put the program in a negative light whatsoever! Hak will deal with it internally and let the rest of the players know what is expected from here on out. Let's move on and get ready for a fun RUN AT A NATTY!

Agreed. They got caught, believe me all underage Sioux players drink (well except Rocco, I honestly believe he doesn't).

You don't think for someone that is fighting for playing time, being suspended for 2 weeks of team activities right before the season is a punishment? I know you like to disagree with everything, but come on...

Funny how this day and age, you still CAN'T watch these on an IPhone!!!!!!! Come on!!!!!

You can watch it if you subscribe to the premium version of the North Dakota app ($3.99). I decided to give it a go this year to have access to all the Video-on-Demand. So far I'm happy with it.

I had to watch it on the computer because the iphone doesnt have flash is why it wont play.

Blame Steve Jobs. He had issues with Adobe from years ago.

I believe you can get some apps for the iPhone/iPad that allow you to view Flash-based materials, but I have no idea how well they work.

Single-game tickets go on sale TODAY at 10:00 am (central)

Via Schlossman's blog:

Oct. 6 – Manitoba exhibition – $22.50

Oct. 13 – U.S. Under-18 exhibition – $22.50

Oct. 26-27 – Anchorage series – $32.50

Nov. 2-3 – Boston University – $37.50

Nov. 16-17 – Minnesota Duluth – $37.50

Dec. 7-8 – Denver – $47.50

Jan. 4-5 – Holy Cross – $22.50 (students gone)

Jan. 11-12 – Colorado College – $37.50

Jan. 25-26 – St. Cloud State – $37.50

Feb. 1-2 – Wisconsin – $37.50

March 1-2 – Bemidji State – $32.50

Single-game tickets go on sale TODAY at 10:00 am (central)

Via Schlossman's blog:

Oct. 6 – Manitoba exhibition – $22.50

Oct. 13 – U.S. Under-18 exhibition – $22.50

Oct. 26-27 – Anchorage series – $32.50

Nov. 2-3 – Boston University – $37.50

Nov. 16-17 – Minnesota Duluth – $37.50

Dec. 7-8 – Denver – $47.50

Jan. 4-5 – Holy Cross – $22.50 (students gone)

Jan. 11-12 – Colorado College – $37.50

Jan. 25-26 – St. Cloud State – $37.50

Feb. 1-2 – Wisconsin – $37.50

March 1-2 – Bemidji State – $32.50

Is that Manitoba game going to be televised (in the Cities)?