SiouxSports.com Forum

2012-13 Season

geaux_sioux

Correct. The news that Bochenski was going to bolt came out in middle to late July, and he finally signed with the Sens in late August.

Thats right, I forgot about that. The money line was awesome to watch! He has had a interesting pro career. The KHL is a great league talent wise.

Back to topic...the Sioux could potentially have 3 goalies that would start probably for many teams around the country right now. Interesting situation if so.

Schmaltz does not make first cut at USA WJC Dev Camp

http://usahockey.cac...CRoster.doc.pdf

Crazy....I thought he was a lock. I have heard his game has been slipping a little (compared to most blue chips). Although he played pretty well in the USHL playoffs this year. I'm shocked he didn't even get by the first cut....he was a first rounder. This is odd. Brady Skeji made it over him and well as two other kids drafted in the 3rd and 4th rounds. I really wonder what happened.

JT played for the team last year I believe....yeah he would have been real nice. Most likely WCHA rookie of the year.

Even if JT would have played for the Sioux, and Rocco was healthy, I still think LaLeggia wins WCHA ROY. A 38 point year from a freshman defenseman is much more rare/impressive than a 45-50 point year from a freshman forward, which are the highest point totals you could've realistically expected from either player.

Dickin never seemed to fit in. Good move on his part as I'm sure he will get a regular spot for the Bison. Wish him the best.

You are right and it was a good move on his part and I assume he will see much more playing time.

Dickin never seemed to fit in. Good move on his part as I'm sure he will get a regular spot for the Bison. Wish him the best.

I feel like he was the least "Sioux-like" player I have ever seen at UND. Soft... never went into the boards, avoided contact. No grit, no grind. Seemed like a good kid, but definitely didn't ever fit the mold... IMO I guess. Good luck Taylor, I hope the Bisons treat you well.

Is anyone else wondering where everyone is gonna fit this season? So many talented forwards.

Mark MacMillan is listed at 6 feet 168 pounds- this means in reality he is probably 5'11 and 160- that is a THIN college hockey player. He has some great skill and potential- imagine if he was 20 pounds heavier? 180 would not slow him down at all, but would give him that extra mass when going to the net and getting ridden by a dman. Right now he is likely giving up 40 pounds to the average WCHA defenseman...that is a lot...maybe he needs to go lay brick with Fratty's old crew in Alberta- that'll put on 20 pounds of muscle in a summer (I know, I did it laying concrete roads one summer in college).

I feel like he was the least "Sioux-like" player I have ever seen at UND. Soft... never went into the boards, avoided contact. No grit, no grind. Seemed like a good kid, but definitely didn't ever fit the mold... IMO I guess. Good luck Taylor, I hope the Bisons treat you well.

Is anyone else wondering where everyone is gonna fit this season? So many talented forwards.

I can remember some legacy players that played here like that.